+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Photo Issue

glany222

Dec 30, 2016
1) Always make sure when you send a courier to CIC you take those which provide you with a tracking number(although it will cost $5-$10 extra but its worth than the extra headache)
2)If you have submitted your photo on 7th Oct and if the photo size are correct then i would say it would reach your mailing address whichever you provided while landing by end of Jan or by 3rd week of Feb.(assuming Christmas holidays etc)
3)You may send your photo again to the same address but this time select courier which provides you tracking number.There is no harm re-sending photos. Atleast you will be in peace.
Thank you for the reply Sanith. But at the moment I am in Cape Town and none of the courier companies accept to provide the tracking number when the recipient address is Post Box number. But let me try to send the photographs again and I will try to get tracking number this time.

sanith

Aug 31, 2014
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/07/2015
Doc's Request.
28/07/2016
Nomination.....
16/08/2016
AOR Received.
08/09/2016
IELTS Request
19/05/2016
Med's Request
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
27/9/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
05/05/2017
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2017
LANDED..........
31/07/2017
Hey Guys..Just an update i got my PR card today (11/11). I thought it might take another couple of weeks but it came in early.So i would say keep patience's..

Reactions: glany222

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Congratulations!
Please share the contact number of customer service CIC to make call inside Canada to get the status update of my dependents. I got email to resubmit the photographs. They didn't mentioned the name in email, so I am supposing they are asking for my photographs only.

PR application date: Oct 06, 2017.

sanith

Aug 31, 2014
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/07/2015
Doc's Request.
28/07/2016
Nomination.....
16/08/2016
AOR Received.
08/09/2016
IELTS Request
19/05/2016
Med's Request
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
27/9/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
05/05/2017
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2017
LANDED..........
31/07/2017
Please share the contact number of customer service CIC to make call inside Canada to get the status update of my dependents. I got email to resubmit the photographs. They didn't mentioned the name in email, so I am supposing they are asking for my photographs only.

PR application date: Oct 06, 2017.
1 888 242 2100 and then press 2320 if you want to speak to an agent.Hope this helps you

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Hi, We did a soft landing on 15th Aug 2017 and returned from Canada within 10 days without having our PR card.
After 50 days (5th Oct) we got an email request from CIC to resubmit our photographs.
Also in the email it was mentioned that if the new photos were not submitted within 30 days, out PR Card Application will be cancelled.
So we mailed the new set of photos on 7th October via normal post as the recipient address was Post Box address.

I have two concerns on this issue.
1. How do we check whether the new set of photos reached at the PR Card application processing facility in Nova Scotia and what is the status of the PR Card Application. As we have resubmitted the photos on 7th October, we have not received any email confirmation of the same from CIC. :(
2. If photos were not delivered at the PR Card processing facility within 30 days, then will our PR status be active or not?
(I believe only our PR Card Application will be cancelled and not the Permanent Resident status.)

We tried to contact the CIC call center couple of times everyday, but all the time we get the same automated answer saying all the agents are busy and we can try again after some time.
Hi Glany

Did you receive your PR Card?

You mentioned you sent photos by normal post, Did you post from outside Canada?

glany222

Dec 30, 2016
Hi Glany

Did you receive your PR Card?

You mentioned you sent photos by normal post, Did you post from outside Canada?
Hi YANP, we received our PR cards yesterday, that was on 11th January 2018. After re submitting the photos on 7th October 2017, there was no confirmation of receipt or communication from IRCC and I was about to apply for PRTD by next week. Luckily we received our cards before applying for PRTD.

Reactions: YANP

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Ok got the same email. Please tell me what form needs to be sent along with the photographs ? I read someone talking about sending a form.

nardo

Jun 6, 2018
Hi. I need to send new photos for my PR CARD. I'm outside Canada. DHL does not accept a PO Box as recipient. How did you send the photos ?
Thanks

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Hi. I need to send new photos for my PR CARD. I'm outside Canada. DHL does not accept a PO Box as recipient. How did you send the photos ?
Thanks
Hi, below is the email I received from CIC. You may use the second address for courier.

Good day

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Case Processing Centre requires that you provide new photos, therefore we invite you to:

• Resend two new photos according to the photo specifications, and
  • Include:
    • if available, the letter/email received to this effect, or
    • an explanation letter (including the complete name, date of birth and UCI).

Where to send them?

By regular mail:

New permanent residents:

Case Processing Centre - PRC
P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

If you would like to have proof that the new photos were received, you may use registered or express mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc. Please instruct the courier service to use this address:

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

XXX
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

ASAD1ASAD

Star Member
May 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2016
Doc's Request.
JULY 2016
Hi, below is the email I received from CIC. You may use the second address for courier.

Good day

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Case Processing Centre requires that you provide new photos, therefore we invite you to:

• Resend two new photos according to the photo specifications, and
  • Include:
    • if available, the letter/email received to this effect, or
    • an explanation letter (including the complete name, date of birth and UCI).

Where to send them?

By regular mail:

New permanent residents:

P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

If you would like to have proof that the new photos were received, you may use registered or express mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc. Please instruct the courier service to use this address:

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

XXX
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

ASAD1ASAD

Star Member
May 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2016
Doc's Request.
JULY 2016
FOR NEW LANDED APPLICANT , WHAT WILL BE THE APPROPRIATE ADDRESS
HERE --- New permanent residents:

P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

OR HERE- Case Processing Centre - PRC
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Thank You.

mallucharan

Feb 26, 2015
Anyone has idea on current processing time line for PR once photo's are re-submitted . I have submitted mine on June 11th(received by CIC) and still waiting for an update

Radhika777nair

Feb 18, 2018
FOR NEW LANDED APPLICANT , WHAT WILL BE THE APPROPRIATE ADDRESS
HERE --- New permanent residents:

P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

OR HERE- Case Processing Centre - PRC
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2