+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
I sent mine in the first dates of July - got AOR 26th October. technically 4 month on the shelf. If you have a signature of delivery, then wait (due to extremely crazy covid upline, it is all about travel restrictions). I have read some news article about PR, and they say up to 11 month of delay, due to feds regulations.
ELEVEN MONTHS??????? Wow! Does the expiry date on the new card reflect that?

Telemonster

Aug 29, 2021
ELEVEN MONTHS??????? Wow! Does the expiry date on the new card reflect that?
Read that
VANCOUVER -
Frustration is growing among many Canadian permanent residents who want to become citizens. McLaughlin on Your Side has received complaints that it is taking up to two years or longer to process citizenship applications.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/permanent-residents-in-canada-left-in-the-dark-as-feds-dawdle-with-processing-times-1.5532385

I have no idea what to think now. I sent them a message, but it looks like they do not care much about the time now. Some PR cards go smooth, some of them stuck. It is better not to read news nowadays. Frustration

• Sad
Reactions: JoanneB

PQPvancouver

Nov 17, 2021
How to call them? It is way too long. I have mailed my PR for replacement on July 7th. AOR October 26 processing started. Nothing after that. I understand, that avoid non essential travel, but I had PR card it is a changing the name. I need to apply for citizenship. Does anyone know the phone number, as the one I call had only robot information. Pressing 0 does do much
im similar timelines, they received my PR package on June 28, AOR Oct 15 an nothing since, and nothing since. I have called them and they said its gone to processing, I called again a few weeks later and they said its still in processing. Then I contacted my MP and they just had a generic update.

PQPvancouver

Nov 17, 2021
My pr card renewal time line :
Application received 1 June 2021
Started processing sep 20 2021
Decision made around Oct 5th
Contacted IRCc via call , we form , MP but still receiving the same response of card under production. Really frustrated.
I am a little behind you, received June 28th, AOR Oct 15th, DM October 15th, and no update since. Same every time i call its the same thing, its been sent to processing.

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022
I am a little behind you, received June 28th, AOR Oct 15th, DM October 15th, and no update since. Same every time i call its the same thing, its been sent to processing.
I seriously dont get it. Decision made since 3 months. Well thats great but how about also informing about the decision? Everything is just so intransparent there. False and inaccurate information on their website in my eyes.

Reactions: JoanneB

Deenanath

Jan 18, 2022
Application received 28th September
AOR 11th December
In Process 11th December

Few members got PR card with similar timeline.

Is the above timeline within normal processing ?

Deenanath

Jan 18, 2022
Finally, Got the PR Card today (not sure how on Sunday!! :) ) in the mailbox...

Timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 15, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 11, 2022.
    Got the PR card in mailbox on January 16, 2022 (Sunday)
That was quick.
Mine is still under process

cwang

Jan 19, 2022
My application status changed to "Complete". Below is my timeline,

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 14, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 20, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 20, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 19, 2022.

Reactions: Roger1985

Purpletta

Jan 14, 2022
Got my status updated to Complete today.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 28, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 11, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 19, 2022.
Hopefully I'll receive the card next week sometime!

Adding my timeline for more DP:

Mailed application on October 22, 2021. Silly enough did not add tracking to my mail and have agonized over this throughout Christmas!

Finally received my AOR on January 11, 2022:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 28, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 11, 2022.
I do see Decision Made in my application status front page, but date when decision was made was not stated in the details of an application. Hopefully all is good, fingers and toes crossed. Will update this post when I have further updates.

Telemonster

Aug 29, 2021
Technically the same window. Lets imagine that summer months are made for fun not for work and Xmas time is another month off. In this case 7 months minus summer minus xmas equlas = 3 months only in process. I am trying to think positive.

So, even MP had no answer. Who are those people uphere publishing posts, that they had a nice conversation with PR dept, and they were helpful... interesting. They do not answer emails and operators are always busy. It looks like we have some "fake good news" to cover that delay. This site is well known, and lots of authorities read real life reviews. And the real life reviews are described by one word - FRUSTRATION

Reactions: Tackica and JoanneB