+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
AlhamduLillah (Praise be to God), just brought my new PR card from the mailbox with my beautiful face on it. :D. Here's my timeline:

Application Received - Oct' 19th , 2021
AOR - Jan' 6th 2022
Card mailed - Jan' 11th 2022
Card received - Jan' 14th 2022
Processing time: 87 days

Thank you all for sharing your updates and being everyone's source of information in the process. I wish everyone all the best with their applications.

Reactions: Toronto1971

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Back here after a while. Update on my PR renewal
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 19, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 6, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 6, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 11, 2022.
Received the cards in the mail today

Reactions: Toronto1971

iecholderincanada

Jul 27, 2020
Yeah sure, I called the number that's online (1-888-242-2100) and then hit the following keys:

1 → UCI# → 1 → 1 → 1 → 3 → PR Application number# → 1 → Birth year → 1 → 1 → 0

After hitting 0, you either will be put in a queue if there is a spot or it will say that the agents are busy and will ask you to try again. You can try again until you are put in the queue.

I just explained her that it's been more than 180 days for my initial PR card application but the online processing time says 60 days. It is literally 3 times what they claim on their website and I would like to know what's going on with the application.

I think I either got lucky or she basically made up stuff to sort of pacify me. Either way all I can do is wait couple of weeks.

In the past I had an agent literally say that he can't even access my file and there is nothing he can do about my application. He just asked me to wait so there's that. YMMW.

Thanks, I tried calling them twice but they were busy.. Will try later.

Reactions: 2021NewPR2021

2021NewPR2021

Jun 18, 2021
PR Application number#
Where can I find it? They have correspondence ID in the head of the mail and that is it.
Not sure about the correspondence ID but if they have reached out to you then they would have mentioned the application number. I have linked my PR card application to my CIC account so I can see the application number there.

Telemonster

Aug 29, 2021
I was trying to link application, but it does not as you have to choose the citizenship. I do not have any, so I stuck there. I mailed on July 7th. AOR was on 26th of October. Week later I had a mail from MSP confirming name change. It is already like 80 days in process. So the question is, how to reach them not knowing application number. Any help is good now. I know that someone here is waiting from June. Thanks a lot.

grid93

Jun 4, 2017
I sent my application around mid-Sept 2021 (Sydney office) and still haven't received AOR or anything... Anyone else in the same boat? At this point I'm starting to wonder if I should just sent it again, but it's a little frustrating to have that uncertainty.

Telemonster

Aug 29, 2021
I sent my application around mid-Sept 2021 (Sydney office) and still haven't received AOR or anything... Anyone else in the same boat? At this point I'm starting to wonder if I should just sent it again, but it's a little frustrating to have that uncertainty.
I sent mine in the first dates of July - got AOR 26th October. technically 4 month on the shelf. If you have a signature of delivery, then wait (due to extremely crazy covid upline, it is all about travel restrictions). I have read some news article about PR, and they say up to 11 month of delay, due to feds regulations.

Reactions: grid93

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
ECAS update is now Complete from Decision Made :
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 15, 2021.
Waiting for Card to get delivered in my mail box...
Finally, Got the PR Card today (not sure how on Sunday!! :) ) in the mailbox...

Timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 15, 2021.
    Got the PR card in mailbox on January 16, 2022 (Sunday)

Last edited: