+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
So during yesterday evening I got a ghost update on my GC Key account so I called IRCC in morning today and agent told me that my application was approved yesterday and card has been sent for the production. She told me that once it's printed you will get it within 6-8 weeks! It's my initial PR Card and I'm April 16th 2021 IRCC Ottawa applicant.
Does anybody been through this phase and give me current timeline from printing to mail?
Wats this ghost update??

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Wats this ghost update??
Ghost update: usually you get an email to your email ID that your (IRCC) application has been updated, but when you login to your CIC account, you do not see any update. Normally its computer generated message, when an agent open or complete any task on your application

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
My wife's PR card renewal application is in the same boat, AOR on October 14th, absolutely nothing since then.
Same , wifes pr renewal application received july 12th
Started processing october 19th
Since then nothing, called ircc, they said its under standard processing time of 137 days,
No reply or update since then still waiting, wife is in india and current pr card expires dec 13th
Was hoping we get her card in the mail, as she plans to stay there till feb.

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Any way to get the pr card renewal status.. I am in India and already tried web form.. No response yet... Any phn where I can have the status??

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Have you tried logging into ECAS and checking the status if you have received your AOR
Yes checking daily.. As per ECAS they have start processing my application on 31st Aug and also got the Decision made on 13 oct.. But since no update.. Checking GC key also.. It's showing it's still under process..

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Yes checking daily.. As per ECAS they have start processing my application on 31st Aug and also got the Decision made on 13 oct.. But since no update.. Checking GC key also.. It's showing it's still under process..
Okay .. also you have not received any mail from them for photo requirements or anything? .. Why don't you apply for a PRTD also so that you can at least come back to Canada and then do something

kumar_montreal

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
I have submitted my application for PR renewal on 10 nov 2021. Any idea when the ECAS gets updated ? Looking at the trend, it seems to be taking 3 months from the time we send the application and the time the IRCC starts processing it. So, the ECAS will show the status only after 3 months ?

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
I have submitted my application for PR renewal on 10 nov 2021. Any idea when the ECAS gets updated ? Looking at the trend, it seems to be taking 3 months from the time we send the application and the time the IRCC starts processing it. So, the ECAS will show the status only after 3 months ?
As per the current time line, you should hope for your AOR in Feb next year or may be end of Jan if you are lucky !!

kumar_montreal

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
As per the current time line, you should hope for your AOR in Feb next year or may be end of Jan if you are lucky !!
Thanks for the message. Can I travel outside Canada before I get the AOR ? Risky ? If my application is approved and an in-person collection of PR card is requested, can my friend collect ? what check is done during an in-person pick up ?

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Thanks for the message. Can I travel outside Canada before I get the AOR ? Risky ? If my application is approved and an in-person collection of PR card is requested, can my friend collect ? what check is done during an in-person pick up ?
-Yes, you can travel out of Canada BUT you ll need to get single entry visa (Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) from the local Canadian embassy.
-In case of IN PERSON pick up, its only you can pick, NO friend or relative can pick up on your behalf. ONLY the card holder is allowed to pick it with valid identification

manjuniyalma

Nov 25, 2021
Looks like they are speeding up.
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 30, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 24, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 24, 2021.
The record appeared in ECAS this morning as "Decision Made". Hopefully it will be delivered soon.

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
Looks like they are speeding up.
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 30, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 24, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 24, 2021.
The record appeared in ECAS this morning as "Decision Made". Hopefully it will be delivered soon.
That’s great news! But I just don’t get it. Ours was received Aug. 6, processing began Nov. 8 and nothing since then. Is it like a random selection or is there rhyme and reason to their process? Hope yours arrives soon!