+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

PQPvancouver

Nov 17, 2021
That’s great news! But I just don’t get it. Ours was received Aug. 6, processing began Nov. 8 and nothing since then. Is it like a random selection or is there rhyme and reason to their process? Hope yours arrives soon!

Same, mine was delivered June 28th, AOR Oct 15, DM October 15th, so 6 weeks in "Decision Made". I have seen people who got AOR after me already get their cards, so hopefully yours comes sooner. Reached out to MP 1.5 weeks ago, hopefully hear something soon!

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
Same, mine was delivered June 28th, AOR Oct 15, DM October 15th, so 6 weeks in "Decision Made". I have seen people who got AOR after me already get their cards, so hopefully yours comes sooner. Reached out to MP 1.5 weeks ago, hopefully hear something soon!
We also contacted our MP who could give us no new information. Ours seems to be stuck "in process" and yours in "decision made". Such a shame that so many other resources are being used to find out information for us. I think people are okay with waiting a reasonable amount of time, or knowing it goes in order, but the randomness of it all baffles me. I hope you get yours soon too!!

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
That’s great news! But I just don’t get it. Ours was received Aug. 6, processing began Nov. 8 and nothing since then. Is it like a random selection or is there rhyme and reason to their process? Hope yours arrives soon!
Good luck to everyone who is waiting for PR, it does not look like if they are speeding up, processing time jumped up 2 more days as compare to last week. My AOR Oct 22nd, status in process, Its more than a month now, no update since then.

Last edited:

wwykaren

Nov 16, 2021
I pretty much have the exact same timeline as you. My application has also been stuck at DM for almost 8 weeks now.

Uzi13

Apr 5, 2021
Good luck to everyone who is waiting for PR, it does not look like if they are speeding up, processing time jumped up 2 more days as compare to last week. My AOR Oct 22nd, status in process, Its more than a month now, no update since then.
It doesn't matter! According to IRCC Client support agent the processing time is posting on their website is just a program and it doesn't have any correlation with their current processing time. So basically it doesn't mean anything to processing agent. It's just random number calculated by their program.

Uzi13

Apr 5, 2021
Which information you should put in ECAS tool to see the latest update on your application!? I'm putting my UCI and/or PR Card application number but still it says it can't find my profile in the system. While during my call with an agent yesterday she told me that my application is approved and decision is made and it's sent for the printing! While I didn't have a single update about this in my online GC Key account and/or on ECAS tool!

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
It doesn't matter! According to IRCC Client support agent the processing time is posting on their website is just a program and it doesn't have any correlation with their current processing time. So basically it doesn't mean anything to processing agent. It's just random number calculated by their program.
So dumb. Called in today to get help and kept getting scripted response about Afghanistan and wouldn’t help. Told him about timeframe and said that’s just random and not accurate. Worst experience I have ever had has been this sponsorship application and now pr card wait. Government is a failure in getting things done.

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
According to IRCC website "
How are processing times calculated?
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision on it.

If you apply by mail, the time starts when your application arrives in our mail room.

If you apply online or in-person, it starts when you submit your application.

Most processing times are historical, meaning they’re measured based on how long it took to process 80% of applications in the past.

iamleye_

Oct 6, 2017
My timeline is as below:
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 9, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 15, 2021. --- DM same day
  3. We started processing your application on November 15, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 18, 2021.
I received the card in my mailbox today November 23. I live in Calgary. Good luck everyone.
Can you send me the link to track my PR card?

Nonialize

Jun 19, 2014
Same , wifes pr renewal application received july 12th
Started processing october 19th
Since then nothing, called ircc, they said its under standard processing time of 137 days,
No reply or update since then still waiting, wife is in india and current pr card expires dec 13th
Was hoping we get her card in the mail, as she plans to stay there till feb.
@futurecanadiannew123456 my wife is outside Canada as well, and her PR card expired. When I tried calling ircc they refused to give any info and said she must call...she tried calling but neither the toll free nor the +1-613... number work...I have no idea how one could call them from outside Canada.
Now we passed the 137 days and still nothing...

Nonialize

Jun 19, 2014
Which information you should put in ECAS tool to see the latest update on your application!? I'm putting my UCI and/or PR Card application number but still it says it can't find my profile in the system. While during my call with an agent yesterday she told me that my application is approved and decision is made and it's sent for the printing! While I didn't have a single update about this in my online GC Key account and/or on ECAS tool!
I had the same thing, my application was never found on ecas or GC key...tried all combinations possible and it never worked...I eventually got my card in the mail box and still no signs of the application on ecas....ircc is always a hit and a miss

Limerick

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Might be helpful to anyone... below is my timeline (PR Renewal)

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 11, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 16, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 16, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 22, 2021.
PR cards received today 11/25/2021.
All the best

Last edited:

Krish121089

Aug 20, 2019
Guys I have one doubt. I am not seeing anything ECAS as it was saying unable to find a application. B
Might be helpful to anyone... below is my timeline (PR Renewal)

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 11, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 16, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 16, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 22, 2021.
PR cards received today 11/25/2021.
All the best
Hi my GCkey updated as approved and card mailed out. But no date provided when it was mailed out since I am unable to access ECAS. How long does it take to receive the card. I am from Toronto.

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Guys I have one doubt. I am not seeing anything ECAS as it was saying unable to find a application. B

Hi my GCkey updated as approved and card mailed out. But no date provided when it was mailed out since I am unable to access ECAS. How long does it take to receive the card. I am from Toronto.
Depending on your location in Canada, it ll take 5-10 business days, some people have got in 2-3 days as well. I hope you ll get it soon.