+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Hi guys!

I'm trying to see my application on ECAS but it says that they didn't find anything with the information provided.

I was able to log with GCKEY though. Does ECAS provide more detailed information?
ECAS usually gets updated in 24 hours so if you saw something in GCkey today most likely you should see it on ECAS tomorrow . GCkey gets updated first

Amanda2394

Feb 18, 2019
ECAS usually gets updated in 24 hours so if you saw something in GCkey today most likely you should see it on ECAS tomorrow . GCkey gets updated first
I didn't see anything in my GCKEY but I saw you guys talking about ECAS telling the date they started working on your application... GCKEY says nothing about that (I know because my husband's card is finalized and even his GCKEy does not say the date they started working, only the day they have put the card on mail). So I was wondering if ECAS gives more detailed information in comparison with GCKEY

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hey

I know it's frustrating but I highly doubt if IRCC will disclose printing timelines .. the max they might say is it's in production. Usually, it takes no longer than a week if everything is good if they haveing difficulty with your photo they will ask you to upload a new one, and after that another week or so. The usual SLA they say is 6 to 8 weeks for printing and mailing but reading others posts including myself printing and mailing the card is usually within a week of "We started to process your application on xx date".

Another comment you would hear is delays with Canada Post as cyber Monday etc are happening but that's again Canada post and i have no idea about it . My card got mailed out yesterday so when i receive it will update as to how many days it took to give you an estimate
@titans8289

Thank you friend, by reading your reply got some relief!!

Since its the first PR Card, can I get info from ECAS to see the message saying "We started processing you application........."

I am keep on looking at GCKey to know if there is any update there regarding printed and mail...

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
My Update:
PR card renewal application received by mail Aug 17
Email confirming receipt of application: Nov 24th
No update on my web account yet, but email just came in this AM

My application tends to take a long time as we travel a ton, so I'll let y'all know the timeline but I doubt my application is representative.

Reactions: mcgz

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
I didn't see anything in my GCKEY but I saw you guys talking about ECAS telling the date they started working on your application... GCKEY says nothing about that (I know because my husband's card is finalized and even his GCKEy does not say the date they started working, only the day they have put the card on mail). So I was wondering if ECAS gives more detailed information in comparison with GCKEY
I can't talk about how much info is there on GCkey as I have not used it. ECAS is usually a line which indicates the status of your file. I have read in this forum people have got heir cards but no ECAS update but in most cases ECAS will reflect the status of the application

Reactions: Amanda2394

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
@titans8289

Thank you friend, by reading your reply got some relief!!

Since its the first PR Card, can I get info from ECAS to see the message saying "We started processing you application........."

I am keep on looking at GCKey to know if there is any update there regarding printed and mail...

So if you have your UCI number you can log in to ECAS and check whats the current status of your application. Just remember ECAS takes 24 hours to update so check at least once a day

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
My Update:

My application tends to take a long time as we travel a ton, so I'll let y'all know the timeline but I doubt my application is representative.

Hi Jim

Since you got the line that says we starting processing your file on Nov 24th you should this in ECAS by tomorrow as it takes 24 hours to update

Reactions: JimSharp

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
So if you have your UCI number you can log in to ECAS and check whats the current status of your application. Just remember ECAS takes 24 hours to update so check at least once a day
I just tried - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en, but got no application. Its saying replacement or renewal. May be first PR card wont be able to check through ECAS?
  • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
I just tried - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en, but got no application. Its saying replacement or renewal. May be first PR card wont be able to check through ECAS?
  • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
Okay you can call them up today and ask them why you unable to see it or wait till tomorrow check and if still the same then call tomorrow

Reactions: JJAiden

mcgz

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
My Update:

Let's see how that goes. My application was received on Aug 23 and I also traveled a lot. Your case might represent mine. I haven't gotten the AOR yet.

jaspermorraine

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
We started processing your application on October 29, 2021.

Still waiting for new update. I think I should move from GTA to Alberta, look like their PR cards are sent out within days :oops:
Ha, i wish - i didnt even get an AOR yet :/ - applied end of august :’( i can’t even check online

Reactions: Amanda2394

Nonialize

Jun 19, 2014
Speaking of GC Key, I never had a success with them. Tried linking my wife's PR renewal application as well as mine, like 10 times each, never made it, every time it says we didn't find any applications.