+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

qawsed222

Mar 4, 2015
  1. We started processing your application on October 26, 2021

still no updates after this :( anyone is same boat?

My pr card was expired when I apply for the renewl ? is that the reason ?

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Hi Titans,
Just checked my profile and I just saw this

Permanent Resident Card
We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 23, 2021.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 23, 2021.
We started processing your application on November 23, 2021.

I'm assuming this is good news . What do you think ?
Yup in a few days hopefully by End of this week you should see "Complete" and card mailed out date .. Then pray Canada post does not delay it

You can reach out to IRCC by calling them to find out the status of the card as ECAS does not show approved and sent to production etc . The agent would be able to help you with that.

Sent to production means your card is approved and is now with the printing team , that would help you in estimating when you can possibly receive your card

Reactions: CanadaGuy007

CanadaGuy007

Mar 18, 2019
Yup in a few days hopefully by End of this week you should see "Complete" and card mailed out date .. Then pray Canada post does not delay it

You can reach out to IRCC by calling them to find out the status of the card as ECAS does not show approved and sent to production etc . The agent would be able to help you with that.

Sent to production means your card is approved and is now with the printing team , that would help you in estimating when you can possibly receive your card
Thanks, yes I'll call them. It's a relief to say the least as last few days were horrible as I have to travel and the thought of not being able to re-enter was horrible. Thanks for all the info .

Reactions: titans8289
Dec 7, 2020
Hi all - I see that you are able to view your initial PR card applications on ecas. We have received the COPR letter inland (in Canada) in Feb 2021. It indicated that we should mail a copy of the letter along with a photo to receive the cards. We did the week after, but no cards yet. I also can't see anything on ecas (says no application). I have contacted IRCC through the web form in July, and received a response in August saying the PR card application is still under processing. I can see that the initial PR card processing time is now 63 days (was 130 days in July). So it's very strange that the processing times are being updated and have been reduced that much to two months, and we still haven't received the card after 9 months.

Last edited:

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016

My AOR on Oct 22nd, still in process. No, expiry of card ll not make difference

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Thanks, yes I'll call them. It's a relief to say the least as last few days were horrible as I have to travel and the thought of not being able to re-enter was horrible. Thanks for all the info .
@CanadaGuy007

Dear friend, please update us what the IRCC agent tells about the time they need to print and mail to your address.

I tried so many things, sent emails, called IRCC,web forms. yesterday I received a response that its send op production.

I also have flight booked on December 10th, curious to know how many days it will take to print and mail.

Thank you.

aami786pk

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
With application
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
INSHALLAH SOON

Same as my processing started on 26th October but no update after that

Amanda2394

Feb 18, 2019
Hi guys!

I'm trying to see my application on ECAS but it says that they didn't find anything with the information provided.

I was able to log with GCKEY though. Does ECAS provide more detailed information?

PR_DREAMER

May 12, 2021
Hi all - I see that you are able to view your initial PR card applications on ecas. We have received the COPR letter inland (in Canada) in Feb 2021. It indicated that we should mail a copy of the letter along with a photo to receive the cards. We did the week after, but no cards yet. I also can't see anything on ecas (says no application). I have contacted IRCC through the web form in July, and received a response in August saying the PR card application is still under processing. I can see that the initial PR card processing time is now 63 days (was 130 days in July). So it's very strange that the processing times are being updated and have been reduced that much to two months, and we still have received the card after 9 months.
We had to mail the photos as well along with CoPR copy. It says CoPr is valid for one year, given that we have already hit 7 months I don't see any progress on application for card. I could see that my PR card file is in Sydney VO from the GCMS. But no one touched it, since it was sent except for an address change request

MapGia

Feb 24, 2016
We started processing your application on October 29, 2021.

Still waiting for new update. I think I should move from GTA to Alberta, look like their PR cards are sent out within days :oops:

Reactions: jimmyM

Amanda2394

Feb 18, 2019
We started processing your application on October 29, 2021.

Still waiting for new update. I think I should move from GTA to Alberta, look like their PR cards are sent out within days :oops:
I am in Alberta and my husband's card was mailed within 1 and a half weeks, whereas mine is stuck for a month. It's a lottery.

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
@CanadaGuy007

Dear friend, please update us what the IRCC agent tells about the time they need to print and mail to your address.

I tried so many things, sent emails, called IRCC,web forms. yesterday I received a response that its send op production.

I also have flight booked on December 10th, curious to know how many days it will take to print and mail.

Thank you.
Hey

I know it's frustrating but I highly doubt if IRCC will disclose printing timelines .. the max they might say is it's in production. Usually, it takes no longer than a week if everything is good if they haveing difficulty with your photo they will ask you to upload a new one, and after that another week or so. The usual SLA they say is 6 to 8 weeks for printing and mailing but reading others posts including myself printing and mailing the card is usually within a week of "We started to process your application on xx date".

Another comment you would hear is delays with Canada Post as cyber Monday etc are happening but that's again Canada post and i have no idea about it . My card got mailed out yesterday so when i receive it will update as to how many days it took to give you an estimate

Reactions: JJAiden