+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Pharmcawy

Sep 13, 2015
Some info for you guys.

I requested ATIP notes in relation to my PR card renewal. They arrived today. They say that the card was approved with validity till 2026. The card was sent to Montreal local office 2-1025 Rue Saint-Jacques Montreal, QC H3C 1G8, Canada in August 2021. Today is mid-Oct and I still don't have it even though according to this website this Montreal office is scheduling appointments...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/canada-appointment-only.html
How did you request them and how long it took to reach you.
Thanks

Shreenath2014

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
Some info for you guys.

I requested ATIP notes in relation to my PR card renewal. They arrived today. They say that the card was approved with validity till 2026. The card was sent to Montreal local office 2-1025 Rue Saint-Jacques Montreal, QC H3C 1G8, Canada in August 2021. Today is mid-Oct and I still don't have it even though according to this website this Montreal office is scheduling appointments...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/canada-appointment-only.html
Hi Can you please tell about your time lines?
When did you apply for renewal, what were your status updeate deadlines and how long did this ATIP notes took to arrive?

ozzycey

Oct 4, 2021
I have an ECOPR and my TRV was still valid until 2023, do you guys think it would be a still problem if I travel with my eCOPR or TRV? As far as I know, when you get the eCOPR other permits are being canceled.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I have an ECOPR and my TRV was still valid until 2023, do you guys think it would be a still problem if I travel with my eCOPR or TRV? As far as I know, when you get the eCOPR other permits are being canceled.
Your TRV automatically invalidates the moment you become a PR. Do NOT attempt to travel with your TRV - there will be troubles that no one wants to experience.

ozzycey

Oct 4, 2021
Your TRV automatically invalidates the moment you become a PR. Do NOT attempt to travel with your TRV - there will be troubles that no one wants to experience.
Thanks for the quick reply. One of my family members is about to pass away and I'd like to visit my hometown to see him for the last time but because of this ridiculous process, I can't do anything. That's why I asked.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Some info for you guys.

What is ATIP? Never heard and why they have sent your card for pickup !!!

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thanks for the quick reply. One of my family members is about to pass away and I'd like to visit my hometown to see him for the last time but because of this ridiculous process, I can't do anything. That's why I asked.
I am very sorry for the situation, it must be very stressful and sad. Just travel and apply for PRTD when you arrive at your destination. You are not bound to the RO rule yet as a new immigrant so there will be no problem for you to apply for one.

Reactions: ozzycey

ajitpal001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2021
application received 5th may 2021

AOR sent 14 SEP 2021 AFTER STATUS CHANGE DM

until to to today no update i mean did,t receive my pr card yet i stuck DM

PR RENEWAL APPLICATION any body same boat

some body can suggest me what to do thanks

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Here's mine:

Permanent Resident Card
We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 3, 2021.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 21, 2021.
We started processing your application on September 21, 2021.

Hello, we have the same timeline. Pls kindly update when you get your card. I got decision made since Oct 5.
Thanks

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Hey guys, this might be a stupid question however when should one call CIC?
My status has been stuck on DM since September 17th. Would this be grounds to give them a call?
Thanks!
hi, my status was also stuck on DM since Oct 5. Application received on May 31.

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
My Application returned on Oct 15th (Friday), due to primary identification documents, sent on June 21, received June 25th . I sent a copy of my expired passport and a copy of valid PR card till Aug 17th, anyhow it was not accepted as a primary identification documents. My passport renewal application was delayed back home due to covid, I got it recently. I ll resend my application with a copy of new passport. I am flying in mid Jan next year, I am sending them a copy of air ticket.
Will they process my application on priority/urgent basis or I have to wait 4 month again someone to work on my application??? If I have to wait again from zero, I might not get my PR by the departure date. Can someone guide me, what are the options for me in this scenario ??

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
My Application returned on Oct 15th (Friday), due to primary identification documents, sent on June 21, received June 25th . I sent a copy of my expired passport and a copy of valid PR card till Aug 17th, anyhow it was not accepted as a primary identification documents. My passport renewal application was delayed back home due to covid, I got it recently. I ll resend my application with a copy of new passport. I am flying in mid Jan next year, I am sending them a copy of air ticket.
Will they process my application on priority/urgent basis or I have to wait 4 month again someone to work on my application??? If I have to wait again from zero, I might not get my PR by the departure date. Can someone guide me, what are the options for me in this scenario ??
I don’t understand how come they said expired passport won’t be acceptable?? Because on checklist they mentioned either the current passport or the passport you had when you became PR. So generally the old passport should be expired now!! I believe sometimes some officers make things hard!!
Good luck for the new application you are sending!!!

tallrunner

Oct 5, 2021
My timeline so far:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 7, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 24, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 24, 2021.
An interesting thing is that my status is still "In process" even though many people seem to be at the decision made stage. Should I be concerned or are there other people in the same boat? I'm only nervous because we are reaching the 2 week mark.

Thanks!

Just an update on my status:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 7, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 24, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 24, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 12, 2021.
Still waiting on the card to come in the mail, but reading the posts in this thread makes me think it should be arriving in the next week or so.

K_11

Aug 23, 2014
I applied for PR renewal and requested for urgent process. I applied last week of September and received a correspondence letter from IRCC saying below,

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/10/06

My question - is it AOR and can someone tell me they took as an urgent application? Because I cannot see anything on application status. It doesn’t give me any information and little confused!!
Thank you for your time!!
Try sending a webform to ask / confirm. That worked for me.

Reactions: ttttt