+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
I applied for PR renewal and requested for urgent process. I applied last week of September and received a correspondence letter from IRCC saying below,

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/10/06

My question - is it AOR and can someone tell me they took as an urgent application? Because I cannot see anything on application status. It doesn’t give me any information and little confused!!
Thank you for your time!!

bilal4482

Aug 17, 2021
Here is my timeline

Permanent Resident Card
1 We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 25, 2021.
2 We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 20, 2021.
3 We started processing your application on September 20, 2021. (Decision Made on October 01, 2021)
4 Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 07, 2021. (Card Received on October 13)

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
Here is my timeline

Permanent Resident Card
1 We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 25, 2021.
2 We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 20, 2021.
3 We started processing your application on September 20, 2021. (Decision Made on October 01, 2021)
4 Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 07, 2021. (Card Received on October 13)
What is difference between decision made and processing start date? Mine shows decision made, when I click on the decision made link it says started processing sep 9. Application was received May 14.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Hi All,

I have applied for my PR Card renewal (paper based) in April 30, 2021 and mailed through Canada Post. Right Now I am in Canada and still there is no update in CAS (Customer Application Status) portal.

Last year I remember, I had submitted my wife PR renewal same way in May 15, 2020 and after waiting 4 months, we received an email from CIC stating that your (my wife's) application for Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2020/05/26. After receiving this email, we have found that her CAS status also changed and within 1 week decision was made and we received her PR card within a week.

So I was also waiting for this kind of email from CIC which will update me that they have received my application on xxx date. But its now almost 6 months since my submission date but no email and no update in CAS. Btw I would like to mention the following thing:

1. Do you meet the residency requirement? -YES
2. Do you have a more complicated travel history than your wife? -YES
3. Did you have fewer residency days (around 740) at the time you applied for the PR card renewal? -YES

I need to fly outside Canada for some business purpose, appreciate if you guys can advise or update me if you are facing the same issue or not. Thanks in advance.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi All,

I have applied for my PR Card renewal (paper based) in April 30, 2021 and mailed through Canada Post. Right Now I am in Canada and still there is no update in CAS (Customer Application Status) portal.

Last year I remember, I had submitted my wife PR renewal same way in May 15, 2020 and after waiting 4 months, we received an email from CIC stating that your (my wife's) application for Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2020/05/26. After receiving this email, we have found that her CAS status also changed and within 1 week decision was made and we received her PR card within a week.

So I was also waiting for this kind of email from CIC which will update me that they have received my application on xxx date. But its now almost 6 months since my submission date but no email and no update in CAS. Btw I would like to mention the following thing:

3. Did you have fewer residency days (around 740) at the time you applied for the PR card renewal? -YES

I need to fly outside Canada for some business purpose, appreciate if you guys can advise or update me if you are facing the same issue or not. Thanks in advance.
You barely meet the cut. Maybe that's why they are giving your file more scrutiny. Is your travel urgent, as defined by IRCC?

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
Hi All,

Similar situation here, but I have couple weeks more than the 730 days required, been in Canada for few months per year and then out of Canada over the 5 years. my application processing started Sep9,but no update yet. Those with processing date later than me seem to have got their card. Been waiting to travel as COVID travel restriction is lighter these days. Also have family wedding to attend

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Some info for you guys.

I requested ATIP notes in relation to my PR card renewal. They arrived today. They say that the card was approved with validity till 2026. The card was sent to Montreal local office 2-1025 Rue Saint-Jacques Montreal, QC H3C 1G8, Canada in August 2021. Today is mid-Oct and I still don't have it even though according to this website this Montreal office is scheduling appointments...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/canada-appointment-only.html

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Some info for you guys.

I requested ATIP notes in relation to my PR card renewal. They arrived today. They say that the card was approved with validity till 2026. The card was sent to Montreal local office 2-1025 Rue Saint-Jacques Montreal, QC H3C 1G8, Canada in August 2021. Today is mid-Oct and I still don't have it even though according to this website this Montreal office is scheduling appointments...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/canada-appointment-only.html
Is your file DM and sent out to the office for pick-up?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I understand. Btw can you share the urgent definition or link by IRCC
This is from their website
To qualify for urgent permanent resident (PR) card processing, you must be travelling within the next three months due to:

• a job opportunity
  • your own serious illness
  • the death of a family member
  • work related to your current job
  • the serious illness of a family member
Even if you qualify, we can’t guarantee we’ll process your application urgently or that you’ll get your PR card on time. See the current processing times for PR cards.

Brian2015

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
The whole set up is a disgrace. There's people who need to get in an out of canada on a regular basis. But 5 or 6 months waiting on a new pr card. It takes 6 to 10 weeks and its for single entry. Cic get ur house in order. The whole set up affects future canadian citizens. . . Look after your own 1st, then u look after the Hong-Kong, Afghanistan situation.
Priorities is not your strong point.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I am still waiting for AOR. I wonder why they sent your card for in-person pickup. Do you have any guesses?
Traveled a lot. But I had more than a year of buffer days at the time of applying. ATIP notes also confirm that I meet RO.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
The whole set up is a disgrace. There's people who need to get in an out of canada on a regular basis. But 5 or 6 months waiting on a new pr card. It takes 6 to 10 weeks and its for single entry. Cic get ur house in order. The whole set up affects future canadian citizens. . . Look after your own 1st, then u look after the Hong-Kong, Afghanistan situation.
Priorities is not your strong point.
Canada doesn't care about immigrants. This crisis showed the true face of IRCC. The prefer to bring all the refugees in the world and give them PR in 1 or two months, while we who have spend years in Canada paying taxes are given second class services, with huge delays.