+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Guys. This is my story. I got my ecopr from Etobicoke office on Feb 4 2021 and next day I was able to link my pr card application. But no updates after that. So on Oct 3 2021, I sent a new application by filling the solemn declaration section as never received a card and sent it to 49 Dorchester, Sydney. Please advise if anyone similar to my situation?
I am curious, why Canadian immigration doesn't issue PR cards to newly landed immigrants? There is absolutely no justification in delaying these (unless they have some hidden, nefarious motives in doing so, such as obstruct and sabotage newly landed immigrant's ability to travel overseas). I will not for a second believe that they are so badly overwhelmed that they can't do as much as print a secure card and mail to an applicant. These functions usually outsourced to contractors, who can print and mail cards all day long. Entire Canada has population of California, not being able to issue PR cards for 9 months is an equivalent of not being able to print and mail driver's license to 400,000 new Californian DL applicants for nine months after they pass all tests. It's totally unbelievable that they lack capacity to do that. They don't even have to do residency checks, all they need to do is rely on information they already have , print a card and mail it to PR. Why these rascals do this, I can't comprehend?

Krish121089

Aug 20, 2019
I am curious, why Canadian immigration doesn't issue PR cards to newly landed immigrants? There is absolutely no justification in delaying these (unless they have some hidden, nefarious motives in doing so, such as obstruct and sabotage newly landed immigrant's ability to travel overseas). I will not for a second believe that they are so badly overwhelmed that they can't do as much as print a secure card and mail to an applicant. These functions usually outsourced to contractors, who can print and mail cards all day long. Entire Canada has population of California, not being able to issue PR cards for 9 months is an equivalent of not being able to print and mail driver's license to 400,000 new Californian DL applicants for nine months after they pass all tests. It's totally unbelievable that they lack capacity to do that. They don't even have to do residency checks, all they need to do is rely on information they already have , print a card and mail it to PR. Why these rascals do this, I can't comprehend?
I am not discriminating anyone here. But I feel government's first priority should be on their citizens and permanent residence. But here their response to web forms telling different story. My aunt from denmark suffering from cancer and I sent a web form stating my urgency but they replied that first PR card application itself a urgent one but they are taking months to sent that. They are also advising me to travel without a PR card and to apply for PRTD. But no one can tell the time-frame even CIC website. Then how do I return early I have a Job here. Really in a worse situation.

Reactions: jakklondon

Adan123

Jun 25, 2021
Hmm, have you contacted them. It's been 2 months since it was mailed. I don't think post Canada takes this long. I received it in 4 days. I would contact them. It's possible that it was lost in the mail. If this is the case, I am afraid you would have to apply for replacement, but they can confirm this.
Thank you for taking the time out to reply. :)

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
I am not discriminating anyone here. But I feel government's first priority should be on their citizens and permanent residence. But here their response to web forms telling different story. My aunt from denmark suffering from cancer and I sent a web form stating my urgency but they replied that first PR card application itself a urgent one but they are taking months to sent that. They are also advising me to travel without a PR card and to apply for PRTD. But no one can tell the time-frame even CIC website. Then how do I return early I have a Job here. Really in a worse situation.
Government is lighting fast when it serves the interests of global corporations and their trade routes. But it's no longer serving its' citizens and residents, as it used to. We have to realize that the idea of the government in service of people is a vestige of not so remote past. We live in a different (based on neoliberal concepts) world, that we still can't get used to, and it's actually more reminiscent of the old times we are familiar with from history textbooks, when power and belonging to a higher cast were everything, and man by himself - nothing. Welcome to post-humanist, post-modern, post-Western civilization that is lately declining faster than most of the fallen civilizations have.

Last edited:

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hello everyone..my pr card renewal decision made happened on 11th oct but since then no communication.. Did try web form also but still no response...I am nt in Canada, is there any way to connect over the call.. I have seen people do get response over the call?

cool_boy007

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Hello everyone..my pr card renewal decision made happened on 11th oct but since then no communication.. Did try web form also but still no response...I am nt in Canada, is there any way to connect over the call.. I have seen people do get response over the call?
You can download textnow app and choose a number and then make a call . But most prolly they won’t let you know you status .

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
You can download textnow app and choose a number and then make a call . But most prolly they won’t let you know you status .
Thnx for the response..

I already attempted through sonetal.. But nt able to connect to 1-888-242-2100..did also try +16139444000 but couldn't succeeded as well..

Let me try text now app option as well.. Thnx

Z110

Nov 22, 2021
Hi, i have to leave Canada by December 21, 2021 and PR card is expired. Submitted the 'URGENT' PR application and following is the timeline;

Application of PR received ----- November 4, 2021
Correspondence Sent----------- November 4, 2021
Started Processing -------------- November 4, 2021

Since then no updates. Called the IRCC office and the person confirmed that URGENT criteria NOT met but he can see that processing has been started with eligibility criteria met. Last step is that the application to be transferred to printing center which is still pending.

Anyone with similar timeline? What do you guys think whether i am going to get my PR card before December 21, 2021?

gsac13

Sep 7, 2021
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 29, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 29, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 29, 2021.
  4. No updates since October 29th
UPDATE:

I received an email from IRCC saying that my application has been approved and the card was mailed to me and that it can take up to 6 weeks to received it. Will update once I get it in the mail.

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
UPDATE:

I received an email from IRCC saying that my application has been approved and the card was mailed to me and that it can take up to 6 weeks to received it. Will update once I get it in the mail.
A normal email which contains approval???! No change in gc key and ecas status???