+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

JJN

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
I was able to get through to them internationally. They told me that on average, they are only sending out AORs for April applications now. They also told me that it may have been returned to my mailing address if info was missing, but I don't like at that mailing address, so it might be lost.

Uzi13

Apr 5, 2021
I was able to get through to them internationally. They told me that on average, they are only sending out AORs for April applications now. They also told me that it may have been returned to my mailing address if info was missing, but I don't like at that mailing address, so it might be lost.
Which IRCC office they said sending the AORs? I'm an April 2021 initial PR Card applicant but still nothing on my GC key account so far!

tukhuk

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
I sent my photo on April 19th 2021 to IRCC Ottawa and the current status on GC Key is that they are still processing my application!:(
I sent my photos on April 22 to Ottawa office and still no news… did you send your photo via Canada Post or other couriers?

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
So I am still waiting on my initial PR card after landing. I tried to apply for urgent processing and was told since I am waiting on my initial PR card I am already on urgent processing? They also said if I need to leave I can apply for a permanent resident document located outside of Canada before applying? Has anyone done that and know the wait time if I was to go that route? I have no faith as to when I will get my PR card.

Uzi13

Apr 5, 2021
So I am still waiting on my initial PR card after landing. I tried to apply for urgent processing and was told since I am waiting on my initial PR card I am already on urgent processing? They also said if I need to leave I can apply for a permanent resident document located outside of Canada before applying? Has anyone done that and know the wait time if I was to go that route? I have no faith as to when I will get my PR card.
Yes this is what they said to everyone who are waiting for their initial PR Card even-though you submitted the urgent processing documents I did the same thing and the best option is if you can't wait and need to travel outside canada return through US-Canada land border with valid copy of COPR,passport and Canadian federal/provincial government issued id in private vehicle(Not a commercial vehicle) instead of applying for the PRTD!

Reactions: dcowboys

sammi_0906

Dec 12, 2016
I had ‘decision made’ since Oct 14. But when I checked with Gckey it said ‘processing’. It was very confusing. And finally nov 17, it changed to ‘complete’ and got the message about it got mailed out.
I haven’t received my card yet, but hopefully soon.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 17, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 14, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 14, 2021.
  4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on October 14, 2021. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at an IRCC office.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 17, 2021.
Quick update! I just found my pr card in mailbox :) so it took 2 days for the mail to arrive. I live in Toronto.

Reactions: PQPvancouver

yong1890

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
My timeline for PR renewal
Hopefully, everyone here gets what you want!

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 23, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 15, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 18, 2021.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Yes this is what they said to everyone who are waiting for their initial PR Card even-though you submitted the urgent processing documents I did the same thing and the best option is if you can't wait and need to travel outside canada return through US-Canada land border with valid copy of COPR,passport and Canadian federal/provincial government issued id in private vehicle(Not a commercial vehicle) instead of applying for the PRTD!
Can I apply for US visa with no PR card? I assume that is needed if coming through the usa.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Can I apply for US visa with no PR card? I assume that is needed if coming through the usa.
You should check with US embassy. I believe all you need is a valid passport, it has to be valid for at least six months after the expiration date of your visa. If you are Canadian PR, you should be able to apply for it from Canada (don't need to go to your country of origin).

cool_boy007

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
My timeline for PR renewal
Hopefully, everyone here gets what you want!

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 23, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 15, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 18, 2021.
Congratulations on this . But Ircc is so inconsistent , my my application was received on July 16th and decision was also made on November 1st . But never got the card in mail .