+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

Barua

Feb 27, 2021
Hi Guys,

FYI - Urgent card renewal application

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 17, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on February 17, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 22, 2021.
how did you get to process yours so quickly?? PLZ suggest me something, I just got my Bangladeshi passoport renewed (orginal) and I will sent my application for PR on March 1st. I ugently, really need it by Mid April for an urgent travel to Bangladesh by the end of April. How did you get them process yours quickly. I am just in desperate need and want to make sure I get my PR before I travel.

GG_CR7

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Inland
Interview........
N/A
how did you get to process yours so quickly?? PLZ suggest me something, I just got my Bangladeshi passoport renewed (orginal) and I will sent my application for PR on March 1st. I ugently, really need it by Mid April for an urgent travel to Bangladesh by the end of April. How did you get them process yours quickly. I am just in desperate need and want to make sure I get my PR before I travel.

I applied it through urgent process. As my family member is planning to have a surgery back home soon, I requested for urgent processing. I included doctor's note , my booked itinerary and a letter explaining my urgent situation.

CIC about urgent processing requirement in their site : ( Hope this helps )

Apply for a PR card and write “urgent” on the envelope.

To support your urgent request, include:

• proof of travel that shows your destination and travel dates, such as:
    • your itinerary
    • a copy of your ticket
  • a copy of the receipt for your trip (a ticket receipt) with the:
    • date
    • amount paid
    • payment method
  • a letter explaining the reason for the urgency
  • proof of the urgency, such as a:
    • doctor’s note
    • death certificate
    • letter from your employer
Make sure the copies are clear. We must be able to read all of the information on each document. Include an English or French translation with any documents that are not in English or French.

If you forget to include something or your situation doesn’t qualify for urgent processing, we’ll process your application normally.

If you don’t receive your PR card before you travel, find out how to return to Canada without a PR card.

Barua

Feb 27, 2021
I applied it through urgent process. As my family member is planning to have a surgery back home soon, I requested for urgent processing. I included doctor's note , my booked itinerary and a letter explaining my urgent situation.

CIC about urgent processing requirement in their site : ( Hope this helps )

Apply for a PR card and write “urgent” on the envelope.

To support your urgent request, include:

• proof of travel that shows your destination and travel dates, such as:
    • your itinerary
    • a copy of your ticket
  • a copy of the receipt for your trip (a ticket receipt) with the:
    • date
    • amount paid
    • payment method
  • a letter explaining the reason for the urgency
  • proof of the urgency, such as a:
    • doctor’s note
    • death certificate
    • letter from your employer
Make sure the copies are clear. We must be able to read all of the information on each document. Include an English or French translation with any documents that are not in English or French.

If you forget to include something or your situation doesn’t qualify for urgent processing, we’ll process your application normally.

If you don’t receive your PR card before you travel, find out how to return to Canada without a PR card.
Thank you very much for your reply! Last question, do you think the location will matter for the processing time? I'm from Ontario so will that delay my process and do you suggest calling them for follow up updates? as it is very urgent for me

anuj7kaushik

Feb 20, 2015
Today received an email from IRCC that my application has been received on 2021/01/05
Application was sent by courier on Dec 28th 2020 and was delivered on Dec 31st 2020.

Reactions: citappmr2006

GG_CR7

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Inland
Interview........
N/A
Thank you very much for your reply! Last question, do you think the location will matter for the processing time? I'm from Ontario so will that delay my process and do you suggest calling them for follow up updates? as it is very urgent for me
I am not sure whether the location matters. I don't think so. Those CIC support guys can provide us updates once we receive AOR. If not, we need to wait for AOR. There is no other go.

GG_CR7

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Inland
Interview........
N/A
Card received today via mail . Thanks and good luck to everyone.

FYI - Urgent card renewal application

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 17, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on February 17, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 22, 2021.
  5. Card received on March 1,2021.

hope20201978

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Guys card recieved !! My time line is as under
Application recieved : 3rd December 2020
AOR mail recieved: 3 Feb 2021
Decision Made : 3 Feb 2021
Card dispatched: 23 Feb 2021
Card recieved: 1 March 2021
Congratulation nope I m in Edmonton . Here is my time line
Application delivered : 18 March 2020
applications returned as incomplete: 12 September 2020
waited 2 months for primary ID ( passport renewal ) .
Resend new application : 23December 2020
AOR received . 17 February 2021
PR card received : Card received 1 March 2021

Reactions: roodrap