+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
Does anyone know how log do they take to respond to the question using web form? My renewal application is in processing since 16-Dec, no update yet.
It's supposed to be 5 working days but when I submitted one in December, it took them a month to reply.

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
4-May-2010(received by visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
My wife application as follows:

Package received December 29,just posting my info for tracking purposes

noorie11

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
I am just going through this post. I received AOR on November 18, 2020, but under Application status, it still says 'Your application is under process'. Also, I have already completed my Biometrics on November 27; however, it still shows they haven't received my biometrics. The right top side has all my biometric details with a received date.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hello,

I have a strange situation here. When I check the status of my application on ECAS, it shows "decision made". It's been under "decision made" status since January 5th. However, a few days ago, I linked my application to my CIC Secure Account, and the information shown there are really strange. For instance, in the home page of my CIC Secure account, in the submitted applications section, I can see this message: "Date Submitted is : January 19, 2021". January 19, 2021 is the day after I linked my application to CIC secure account, but my application was submitted on October 28th, 2020. The application number is correct tho. The status in CIC secure account is "Submitted".

In addition, when I click on check full application status, it says:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

How is it possible? I mean, the status in ECAS is "decision made", but in CIC Secure Account, the status is "Submitted" and it says that they're processing my application. I'm really worried. I appreciate your help here. Should I call them because of this conflict in these two systems? How is it possible that my status in one of the systems is "decision made" and in the other one is "submitted/processing" ?

PS: I had more than 1000 days of presence in Canada when I applied for PR card renewal.

I really appreciate your advice in advance.

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Hello,

I have a strange situation here. When I check the status of my application on ECAS, it shows "decision made". It's been under "decision made" status since January 5th. However, a few days ago, I linked my application to my CIC Secure Account, and the information shown there are really strange. For instance, in the home page of my CIC Secure account, in the submitted applications section, I can see this message: "Date Submitted is : January 19, 2021". January 19, 2021 is the day after I linked my application to CIC secure account, but my application was submitted on October 28th, 2020. The application number is correct tho. The status in CIC secure account is "Submitted".

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

How is it possible? I mean, the status in ECAS is "decision made", but in CIC Secure Account, the status is "Submitted" and it says that they're processing my application. I'm really worried. I appreciate your help here. Should I call them because of this conflict in these two systems? How is it possible that my status in one of the systems is "decision made" and in the other one is "submitted/processing" ?

PS: I had more than 1000 days of presence in Canada when I applied for PR card renewal.

I guess you are worried about semantics, which does not stop the progress of your application. If all requirements were met and documents submitted also complete, you should be good.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I guess you are worried about semantics, which does not stop the progress of your application. If all requirements were met and documents submitted also complete, you should be good.
Thanks for ur reply. Is it normal that I see two different statuses in these two systems? Do u have the same experience when u check these both systems? Isn’t it because I linked my application late? Like 20 days after getting AOR?

HZAKEREH

Jan 11, 2021
Hello,

hello, the date submitted reflects the date when you have linked your application; this does not affect the date when IRCC really received your application; if you notice, there is a box on the top right of the page that has a summary of the app: name, uci, application#, date received (you should be seeing october 28th not january 19)
you should be good
once they approve or reject your application, you will see a new status (other than submitted), but always click to see if there is any update; mostly after a month from now as per one of the members previously mentioned the timeline from sending the application to mailing the card

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
hello, the date submitted reflects the date when you have linked your application; this does not affect the date when IRCC really received your application; if you notice, there is a box on the top right of the page that has a summary of the app: name, uci, application#, date received (you should be seeing october 28th not january 19)
you should be good
once they approve or reject your application, you will see a new status (other than submitted), but always click to see if there is any update; mostly after a month from now as per one of the members previously mentioned the timeline from sending the application to mailing the card
Thanks for your reply.

On the other system(ECAS), when I check the application status, the status is “decision made”, which means either refused or approved, I assume.

However, in this system (CIC Secure Account), the status is still “submitted”, and when I click on it, it says that my application is under processing. Is this difference normal? Like they only updated my status on ECAS?

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Thanks for your reply.

On the other system(ECAS), when I check the application status, the status is “decision made”, which means either refused or approved, I assume.

However, in this system (CIC Secure Account), the status is still “submitted”, and when I click on it, it says that my application is under processing. Is this difference normal? Like they only updated my status on ECAS?
Not knowing the internal working of the systems, I am just assuming they are not perfect. Sometimes in banks as well, the balance doesn't update, and IRCC is a govt organisation.

My personal perspective is that the CIC secure account is more accurate, and the application is under processing. I think processing can also mean the card is under production.
You can call them about the different status, they will tell you the status of your application. But I am doubtful they can say anything about the two statuses out of sync.

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
Thanks for your reply.

Does the CIC account say they are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Following is the Status of my PR Renewal application,
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 29, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 6, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on January 6, 2021.
The Decision was Made on January 6th for my Application,
As other members have mentioned, it takes 3-4 weeks before the PR card gets sent by mail.
So am still waiting!
I have the same timeline. No info on mailing of card yet.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Does the CIC account say they are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements?
No, the status is “submitted” in CIC account. When I click on it to see details, it says that they’re processing my application.

On ECAS, the status of my application is “decision made”. So, they definitely has made their decision about my application, but nothing updated on CIC account. I don’t know why they’ve not updated my CIC account.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Not knowing the internal working of the systems, I am just assuming they are not perfect. Sometimes in banks as well, the balance doesn't update, and IRCC is a govt organisation.

My personal perspective is that the CIC secure account is more accurate, and the application is under processing. I think processing can also mean the card is under production.
You can call them about the different status, they will tell you the status of your application. But I am doubtful they can say anything about the two statuses out of sync.
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I appreciate it.