+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

HZAKEREH

Jan 11, 2021
Thanks for your reply.

On the other system(ECAS), when I check the application status, the status is “decision made”, which means either refused or approved, I assume.

However, in this system (CIC Secure Account), the status is still “submitted”, and when I click on it, it says that my application is under processing. Is this difference normal? Like they only updated my status on ECAS?
i believe its normal; the status is still "submitted" for my very first PR card, when i click on "check application status" i see complete and card was mailed..when u log in to cic account, always click on "check application status" where the informatiob is always updated, do not rely on the home page; be sure if one site os updated, the other will be updated at the same time

crystalstars

Nov 30, 2015
Hi everyone. I mailed my first time PR card photos and application around September 26th. I've received no other info and I did use the web form 2 weeks ago with no response. Should i be concerned yet? Thank you for your help.

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
No, the status is “submitted” in CIC account. When I click on it to see details, it says that they’re processing my application.

On ECAS, the status of my application is “decision made”. So, they definitely has made their decision about my application, but nothing updated on CIC account. I don’t know why they’ve not updated my CIC account.
Yes but underneath that the CIC account normally gives you more info e.g. you do not need a medical etc.

hope20201978

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
No, the status is “submitted” in CIC account. When I click on it to see details, it says that they’re processing my application.

On ECAS, the status of my application is “decision made”. So, they definitely has made their decision about my application, but nothing updated on CIC account. I don’t know why they’ve not updated my CIC account.
hey . There is nothing to worry about . If you meet your RO and doing taxes every year and no penalties or criminals charges . So nothing to worry about .
Some people they got their cards for renewal without seeing any online updates .

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
hey . There is nothing to worry about . If you meet your RO and doing taxes every year and no penalties or criminals charges . So nothing to worry about .
Some people they got their cards for renewal without seeing any online updates .
Hi. I just have one concern. My PR card status is Decision Made. ButI dont know whether its approved or rejected. I have more than 1000 days of presence in canada nd I do file my taxes every year. But I jave one speeding ticket of driving 80 km/h in a 50 km/h zone. I am also fighting that ticket in court but I have nothing yet heard for any court date may be due to COVID. Did my this speeding ticket effects my PR Card renewl application. ? Is this a pending penelty or criminal charges. ? Please reply

Jacques_Leo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2015
Passport Req..
20-01-2016
Hi. I just have one concern. My PR card status is Decision Made. ButI dont know whether its approved or rejected. I have more than 1000 days of presence in canada nd I do file my taxes every year. But I jave one speeding ticket of driving 80 km/h in a 50 km/h zone. I am also fighting that ticket in court but I have nothing yet heard for any court date may be due to COVID. Did my this speeding ticket effects my PR Card renewl application. ? Is this a pending penelty or criminal charges. ? Please reply
Speeding ticket doesn’t count as criminal charge and has no impact when it comes to permanent resident card renewal.
Normally if IRCC has any concerns about your application, your ECAS status will stuck at In Process and they will contact you for additional documents or an interview.
Most of the time, a straight forward Decision Made means application approved.

Last edited:
Reactions: sunny soni

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
This will not have any impact on your application since it is not a criminal charge.
On another note, the ticket doesn't appear on your driving record till it is paid. Even for insurance purposes, you don't have to worry till there is an outcome of that case.

Reactions: sunny soni

samzzz

Jan 7, 2021
Anyone has update on sent out PR renewed card? What are they doing, apparently no one is working in production department this year at least for non-emergency cases!

my application stocked at this stage for a long time:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 22, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2020

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
i believe its normal; the status is still "submitted" for my very first PR card, when i click on "check application status" i see complete and card was mailed..when u log in to cic account, always click on "check application status" where the informatiob is always updated, do not rely on the home page; be sure if one site os updated, the other will be updated at the same time
Thank you so much. It’s such a relief for me. Thanks

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Thanks. I hope the status changes to “PR card mailed” soon. It’s almost getting 90 days since they’ve received my application in a few days. So, in a few days(3-4 days) it exceeds the processing time mentioned in their website and I can send a webform.

hope20201978

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
speeding ticket does not count as a criminal offence . If it’s overdue you can pay it . There’s one thing about speeding tickets it depends on the law of which province in Canada !! Some of the provinces if you don’t pay the speeding ticket then the judge will put down a warrant on you.
Don’t worry your fighting it in the court so your going to be fine . Plus decision made means your file is complete. If it showing your application in pending that means they will contact you by phone or email .

Aljubooriaws

Jan 18, 2021
Update on my application

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 20, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 21, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on January 21, 2021.

What’s next? Anyone know!

jake84

May 23, 2015
Hi everyone. I mailed my first time PR card photos and application around September 26th. I've received no other info and I did use the web form 2 weeks ago with no response. Should i be concerned yet? Thank you for your help.
I sent mine 8 months ago and so far no update. Same answer. Delays because of COVID