+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card In person pick up

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
my april 21st pr renewal was returned because of identification problem, i've send it back to them September 20th with my april 21 stamped application and the letter they sent, so my question am i going to have to wait all over?
Unfortunately yes. Expect to hear back early next year with the current speed.

diavel5o

Oct 13, 2021
Hi All,

I just want to give you an update so I registered here.

Application submitted through lawyer to CPC Sydney
RO: I've met the RO based on time spent with Spouse outside Canada. I only had flight tickets and pictures with my family for proof
Application date: March 2020
Approved: August 2020
Card sent to Etobicoke: Nov 2020
Letter from Etobicoke to pick up PR card Sept 10, 2021
In person appointment for Sept 29, 2021

There's only one counter open. Was in and out in 10 minutes. No questions asked. Just wanted me to confirm my DOB and name.

Hope this helps someone who's been in the same boat. This is my second renewal as I've been back and forth.

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Hi All,

RO: I've met the RO based on time spent with Spouse outside Canada. I only had flight tickets and pictures with my family for proof

There's only one counter open. Was in and out in 10 minutes. No questions asked. Just wanted me to confirm my DOB and name.

Hope this helps someone who's been in the same boat. This is my second renewal as I've been back and forth.
Were you a protected person before ?

Shreenath2014

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
I enquired about my PR renewal... my DM is since Sept. 21. this is the answer I got... does that mean I am picked up for in person pick up?

-------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The health and safety of everyone is our priority. As we resume some of our in-person services, IRCC has modified its approach in order to limit walk-in visits due to the coronavirus situation.

Whenever possible, interactions will occur virtually or through scheduled appointments only. Only clients with pre-scheduled appointments will be permitted into IRCC offices. Appointments letters will include specific instructions to prepare our clients for health and safety regulations.

Following federal, provincial and municipal public health guidelines remains a priority and an office may have to temporarily suspend in-person services based on these guidelines. If you had an in-person appointment scheduled at a local IRCC office which was cancelled, you will be contacted for the rescheduling of your appointment.

We invite you to consult our website regularly. It will be updated as the situation evolves.

We thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

diavel5o

Oct 13, 2021
I enquired about my PR renewal... my DM is since Sept. 21. this is the answer I got... does that mean I am picked up for in person pick up?

-------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The health and safety of everyone is our priority. As we resume some of our in-person services, IRCC has modified its approach in order to limit walk-in visits due to the coronavirus situation.

Whenever possible, interactions will occur virtually or through scheduled appointments only. Only clients with pre-scheduled appointments will be permitted into IRCC offices. Appointments letters will include specific instructions to prepare our clients for health and safety regulations.

Following federal, provincial and municipal public health guidelines remains a priority and an office may have to temporarily suspend in-person services based on these guidelines. If you had an in-person appointment scheduled at a local IRCC office which was cancelled, you will be contacted for the rescheduling of your appointment.

We invite you to consult our website regularly. It will be updated as the situation evolves.

We thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

My DM was since august 2020. When I called cic they told me in Nov 2020 that it was mailed to Etobicoke

Shreenath2014

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
My DM was since august 2020. When I called cic they told me in Nov 2020 that it was mailed to Etobicoke
That was great.. I called them up today.. they told me my card has been mailed to Kitchener IRCC office.. @diavel5o when and how did they inform you to pick up your card? Do they email or send a letter? Did you followed up with them? The agent told me that Kitchener IRCC will ask for some documents to verify my identity, do you know what do they ask for?

diavel5o

Oct 13, 2021
That was great.. I called them up today.. they told me my card has been mailed to Kitchener IRCC office.. @diavel5o when and how did they inform you to pick up your card? Do they email or send a letter? Did you followed up with them? The agent told me that Kitchener IRCC will ask for some documents to verify my identity, do you know what do they ask for?
they sent an email. No questions as I originally mentioned

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi All,

19 months delay to make you pick up your card in person, and they didn't even ask for ID proof or check your passport? What was the purpose of sending it to the office then?

diavel5o

Oct 13, 2021
19 months delay to make you pick up your card in person, and they didn't even ask for ID proof or check your passport? What was the purpose of sending it to the office then?
My bad. They did as for my ID to make sure it was me picking up my card. I know it’s a long wait. Some luck I tell ya

Reactions: CaBeaver