+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - first time -Processing Timeline 2021- Montreal office

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
I am in CEC category in express entry, and as per rules CEC candidate needs to move out of Quebec, but I haven't even received my card yet and no signs of update. Is anyone else facing this situation, and when are they planning to move out

Azla1

Jul 12, 2021
I have been waiting for a year now. I submitted my CoPR and photo in July 2020. I feel like i might be the only one who has waited a year. Raised a hundred webforms and called a few dozen times and still nothing.

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
I have been waiting for a year now. I submitted my CoPR and photo in July 2020. I feel like i might be the only one who has waited a year. Raised a hundred webforms and called a few dozen times and still nothing.
Just send a solemn declaration of a never received PR card or contact your MP.

Reactions: yongeandreid

Azla1

Jul 12, 2021
I was told by an IRCC agent that I can't send a solemn declaration if the card wasn't sent out in the first place.

I did contact my MP though and they responded promptly. Hopefully they can get in touch with the IRCC office more effectively than me. Thanks for your advice.

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
I was told by an IRCC agent that I can't send a solemn declaration if the card wasn't sent out in the first place.

I did contact my MP though and they responded promptly. Hopefully they can get in touch with the IRCC office more effectively than me. Thanks for your advice.
I’m not sure if what the agent told you is accurate. The solem declaration is specific for cases like yours. You should check the information again.

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
CoPR March 26th 2021
Passport photo sent on March 30th and received April 11th
Linked application July 1st 2021
No further update since then

SGIL9922

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
CoPR March 26th 2021
Passport photo sent on March 30th and received April 11th
Linked application July 1st 2021
No further update since then
Montreal office is very slow. My photos were received on 17th january,2021. Still no update.
I know other people waiting since december,2020 too.

yongeandreid

Apr 30, 2020
We applied inland CEC and also got PR June 30, 2020 but no cards yet either. Partially my fault, I sent photos in March 2020 when we got ppr and usually that photo is used on your cards which are mailed after your landing appointment (we had a phone call to confirm we’re currently living in Canada phone call and that was the final step). I wrongly assumed we’d get our cards in the mail but apparently the ppr and photo request along with self addressed priority envelope I sent was useless. We sent new photos again in March once we realized our cards weren’t coming and zero updates since. The hold lines are full when I call and they reply to my inquiries with generic info about maintaining status, we haven’t left Canada since becoming PRs. I need to contact my MP too.
Now we’d just like to see our family but without a PR card and an expired document as of 6/30/2021 we can’t fly and it’s risky to have them drive up with our expired document. Have you left Canada or had family visit?

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
We applied inland CEC and also got PR June 30, 2020 but no cards yet either. Partially my fault, I sent photos in March 2020 when we got ppr and usually that photo is used on your cards which are mailed after your landing appointment (we had a phone call to confirm we’re currently living in Canada phone call and that was the final step). I wrongly assumed we’d get our cards in the mail but apparently the ppr and photo request along with self addressed priority envelope I sent was useless. We sent new photos again in March once we realized our cards weren’t coming and zero updates since. The hold lines are full when I call and they reply to my inquiries with generic info about maintaining status, we haven’t left Canada since becoming PRs. I need to contact my MP too.
Now we’d just like to see our family but without a PR card and an expired document as of 6/30/2021 we can’t fly and it’s risky to have them drive up with our expired document. Have you left Canada or had family visit?
No, I never left Canada. But you can always apply for a PRTD to come back.

crowinmtl

Jul 18, 2021
Hello, I became a PR on March 9 and I sent in my photo plus the COPR the same day. I literally rushed to the photo studio and sent everything. Now here I am 132 days later and still no news about my card. I can't link it (I tried everything). I called multiple times and sent webforms, but nobody could tell me more than "everything looks to be in order". I feel like this is a bad joke. I see people who received eCOPR a couple weeks ago from the Montréal office who already received their card in the mail. I'm just sad and angry right now.

zammy123

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hi Guys,
I am following this group for a long period of time and below is my timeline.
CoPR date: March 26,2021
Photo delivered: April 1,2021
VO: Montreal
No updates since. I have made several enquiries but always get a general answer”Everything is in order”
I hope this info help to determine the Montreal VO is not processing anything at all for people who has submitted there photos by mail.
I will keep posting here if my status change soon.
Thank you for reading my post.