+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - first time -Processing Timeline 2021- Montreal office

Johan Rodrigo

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
I tried everything. They are just saying that its slow due to covid.
I know how bad agents are, but since you past the timeline they should help you. Before covid cards were taking anywhere between 2-4 weeks, and because of covid it slowed down to 12 weeks. Therefore, Covid is no excuse in your case at all, you have been waiting around 24 weeks. This is not Covid, its slacking off..

SGIL9922

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
I know how bad agents are, but since you past the timeline they should help you. Before covid cards were taking anywhere between 2-4 weeks, and because of covid it slowed down to 12 weeks. Therefore, Covid is no excuse in your case at all, you have been waiting around 24 weeks. This is not Covid, its slacking off..
Yeah. I know. But i have tried calling them. I have also raised two webforms till now. But there is only one answer that we are still processing your application.

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Yeah. I know. But i have tried calling them. I have also raised two webforms till now. But there is only one answer that we are still processing your application.
You can also try contacting your MP. They should be able to help

Nadik

Nov 19, 2019
Hey guys, I'm linking my timeline and I also have a question
- COPR 22 February 2021
- I dont remember exactly when I sent a photo along with COPR document to Montreal office but I would say it was delivered on 1 March 2021
- Linked the app 1 July 2021
- No updates since then

I have a flight on July 10th, I'm going to be out of Canada with my partner for two months. I assume I'm going to recieve my PR card in that time.
Is it ok for my Mother-in-law to get the card from my mail box and ship it to me? Or give it to someone who enters the country I'm at after me?

I rather do that than apply for PRTD honestly...

SGIL9922

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Hey guys, I'm linking my timeline and I also have a question
- COPR 22 February 2021
- I dont remember exactly when I sent a photo along with COPR document to Montreal office but I would say it was delivered on 1 March 2021
- Linked the app 1 July 2021
- No updates since then

I have a flight on July 10th, I'm going to be out of Canada with my partner for two months. I assume I'm going to recieve my PR card in that time.
Is it ok for my Mother-in-law to get the card from my mail box and ship it to me? Or give it to someone who enters the country I'm at after me?

I rather do that than apply for PRTD honestly...
I also applied in 17 jan 2021 for my first card to montreal office. I went backhome and got PRTD to come back. Still waiting for my card.

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
The impression I have it’s that they stopped processing PR cards in montreal office in general. I haven’t seen it a single update from anyone on this forum at least since February 17th.

SGIL9922

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
The impression I have it’s that they stopped processing PR cards in montreal office in general. I haven’t seen it a single update from anyone on this forum at least since February 17th.
Yeah. Looks like they are not even working on it. I applied in Jan 17,2021. Still nothing.