+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - first time -Processing Timeline 2021- Montreal office

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
They haven't touched a single application since March 2021. This is beyond ridiculous. Did anyone contact any news channels? CTV, CBC?

Reactions: Rasha

Teincaaa

Jan 1, 2021
Hello guys. I feel the same pain as all of you here. After the whole time of being in the unkown waiting for the final decision on our PR application we thought finally it's over but we have no idea another challenge await. It's waiting in pain for this MOntreal Office to bother touching our PR card application. Here is my timeline:
PR application approved: April 30th, 2021
PR card application mail received in Montreal office: May 11th, 2021.
Since then after my PR card application is linked but there's no update.

The reason why all of our PR applications mail has no update, I strongly believe is none of them even bother touching it yet. I cant wrap my head around the fact that they've been all about rules and requirements that the applicants must follow but when it comes to the requirements to their officers to do the work they don't seem to care much. It's not a big problem to make sure your application is approved and your photo size meet the requirements, the rest they will send it out to be printed as it's only a piece of plastic. So I guess it's lying in a bin somewhere in their office. I really don't know what to do since I need to move out of my current address soon and there's no way to contact them.

I really hope we can do something about this. It's been a long, frustrating, challenging journey for all of us to get to this point. The only thing I can do is to pray they will open our applications soon and process it.

Teincaaa

Jan 1, 2021
One more thing I don't know if anyone is in the same boat as mine, I received the COPR so that I can send it out with my PR card application to Montreal office since April 30th 2021. But my application (CEC) is still not finalized yet, it's still shown as "Submitted".

I'm just absolutely speechless with the way IRCC work and also this whole PR card application situation. Unbelievable!

Mavismiao

Dec 12, 2020
One more thing I don't know if anyone is in the same boat as mine, I received the COPR so that I can send it out with my PR card application to Montreal office since April 30th 2021. But my application (CEC) is still not finalized yet, it's still shown as "Submitted".

I'm just absolutely speechless with the way IRCC work and also this whole PR card application situation. Unbelievable!
I know how pain it is. I waited for a year to get my copr but they made a mistake on my DOB. I have sent a lot webform and called so many times, they just response all the same that let me send an application to Ottawa to amend the DOB on copr document. It’s not my fault at all, all the information in their system is right. The processing time for amend the mistake is 6 months…. Its unbelievable…then I just sent out the wrong copr with my photos and also a letter to explain the situation. They received my application on May 7 and I also heard nothing so far. I even don’t know if they would print the right one PR card or not… now I am anxious every day..

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hello, CTV Montréal is willing to look into our situation. If anyone would like to write an email to this journalist rachel.lau@bellmedia.ca explaining your story and what is happening, they will contact IRCC and investigate why they are not processing any mailed-in PR applications since March. Please, if anyone can collaborate this would be much appreciated! We have to start making some noise!

zammy123

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hello, CTV Montréal is willing to look into our situation. If anyone would like to write an email to this journalist rachel.lau@bellmedia.ca explaining your story and what is happening, they will contact IRCC and investigate why they are not processing any mailed-in PR applications since March. Please, if anyone can collaborate this would be much appreciated! We have to start making some noise!
I will send mine today to her.
Thank you,

Reactions: dof13

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Dorf, I got email from them [IRCC] a few days ago, and was so excited! I opened the email, it was a request for money - change fees, the email had another person's name on it, their personal PR #(UIC) and other information...TOTAL Breach of Privacy. I reached out to them to alert them, their response was, "Please Disregard the Email". CTV should report on that too! How many others of us have had emails go to the wrong people? Oh for the record, we are 17 months and counting for our renewed PR Cards!

zammy123

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hi Dof13,
I have sent an email to her but have not received any response. Did you receive any response from her?
Please update.

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hi Dof13,
I have sent an email to her but have not received any response. Did you receive any response from her?
Please update.
Yes, she replied to me fairly quickly. You should get a response by tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

SGIL9922

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Is there anybody in this group who have received their first pr card from montreal office in past two months ???????