+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Expired... need to go out of canada.

AJP

Sep 11, 2012
Calgary
HomeConversations

PR Card Expired.. Need to travel out of canada.

Edit Conversation Mark as Unread Star ConversationLeave Conversation
  1. AJPNewbie

AJP, Today at 3:08 AM
    Hello friends,
    My PR card expired on 05 dec 2017 while i am in Canada. I applied for its renewal on 05 dec and the case has been delivered at the case processing centre. I along with my daughter dont meet the residency obligations of 730 days of physical presence but my wife meets these obligations. (They both are also in canada). The renewal case of my wife and daughter were sent to CPC on 24 Nov. I had to be out of canada to be alongside my mother in india who doesnt keeps good health. While applying for my renewal case, I had attached a certificate from my family doctor back in india wherein it was mentioned that I had to stay along with my mother in india on doctors advice. We applied for my moms visitor visa to canada which has been granted and we booked her flight to canada on April 19 2018. Now again my mom is not well back in india and i need to go to see her. I am planning to leave around 31st January and probably will come back with my mom on 19 april. My wife and daughter will be staying here in canada.
    Please guide me that what shall i do so that I may not be denied entry to canada.
    Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If you don't meet the Residency Obligation requirements, it's quite possible that they will be starting the process of revoking your PR status due to the card renewal application. Moreover, if you leave the country, you will possibly need to obtain a PRTD to return to Canada, giving them another opportunity to revoke your PR status. You should probably seek professional advice at this point to assess your situation.