+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card details change

DeepakBabbar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Hi all,
Hope you are well !!
Can i request for change in nationality in Canadian PR card ? I have completed landing formalities and card will arrive in few weeks time and also in the mean time i am back to London.

I am planning to apply for British citizenship as well. so is there a way i can get the PR card amended to reflect british citizenship so that i can surrender my indian passport ?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Deepak.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you were an Indian citizen when you got the PR visa and COPR, your PR card will show your Nationality as IND.( means Indian).

While renewing your PR card up on its expiry (5 years from issue date), you try to update your information.

DeepakBabbar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Hi Wilson,
thanks for your reply.

Problem with waiting for 5 years is that i also have to hold on to indian passport for 5 years which i cannot do it. Also someone told me when i re-enter canada along with PR card they will they will check my indian passport as well.

So all i am trying to acheive here is a PR card with british nationality and a british passport. Hope this explains my situation

Thanks,
Deepak..

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For re-entering Canada you need the PR Card as well as your original passport which is Indian. As you are planning to acquire UK citizenship, you should inform CIC about your anticipated change of status. There is no impact or your Canadian PR for acquiring a British citizenship. Only thing is that CIC should update your change.Therefore after getting your British passport send the copy of your British passport as well as your current Indian passport pages together with your letter to CIC.