+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card: Can't update address

Aug 20, 2017
Hi all,
A member from a different group informed me to Dial this number from US to reach cic.. *67 613 944 4000. *67 is to mask caller number. It works 100% and I spoke to the agent and updated my address using this way. I called at 7.50 am EST and I am able to speak to the agent at 8:10 am in just 15 mins wait time. Great peace of mind. Thanks to the member who share me this information.
I tried but it says incorrect number

Aug 20, 2017
Addition to mentioned routes for solving this problem. I wanted to add that the immigration authority have stopped requesting your address upon the first entry. They use the address that has been mentioned in your EE application. I landed in Dec 28,2017. I got my PR card last week. I had the same issue with providing address and was not able to get hold of CIC representatives through phone ( since I am in US). Apparently, I have been told by one of the VISA counselor that they stopped requesting address upon entry.
Hence just wanted to update the community that make sure you have right address in your CIC EE application.
So if you have an address outside of canada in EE application, are they going to mail the PR card to an address outside of canada?

shuttlespace

Dec 5, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-10-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
Addition to mentioned routes for solving this problem. I wanted to add that the immigration authority have stopped requesting your address upon the first entry. They use the address that has been mentioned in your EE application. I landed in Dec 28,2017. I got my PR card last week. I had the same issue with providing address and was not able to get hold of CIC representatives through phone ( since I am in US). Apparently, I have been told by one of the VISA counselor that they stopped requesting address upon entry.
Hence just wanted to update the community that make sure you have right address in your CIC EE application.
Hi,

Did you receive your PR card to the US address?
I am in the same boat as you. Your insight would be very helpful.

Gb3108

Apr 2, 2018
I called them today.. (on the number which is accessible via US) and after about 25 mins of music and wait.. the call failed.. :(, and then when I tried again, there was message saying that 'Agents will not be able to assist you and sorry for the inconvenience'...I think it was about 4:25 pm est when the first call failed and about 4:30 pm est when the second attempt played that weired message...
I am thinking their offices were getting closed by that time.. Will try to call them again tomorrow.
Which number can I use from US?

CA_Immigration_Noob

May 18, 2018
Hi...Facing the same issue...Pls suggest what worked for you

I am in this situation, I have landed on 9th March, gave the address to the officer at the airport. He didn't ask me to update any address form. But, now when I search for my PR card application status to update address or verify. I get the same error. I tried with both mywife and my details.

what is the best way to resolve this.?

QUOTE="ict18, post: 6404381, member: 660463"]Hi! I landed on September and the officer gave me the Address Notification form. If I go to the link, it doesn't let me update my address. I receive the following message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
If I try calling the PR Card Call Centre, no one picks it up.

I went to IRCC here in Toronto and they said everything has to be done online. And yes, I did verify many times that I'm writing the correct UCI number and application number.

Do you know of any other way to update my address so I can receive the PR card?
[/QUOTE]

vyking

Aug 5, 2019
I landed in June and the officer also didn't ask about the PR address. When I checked, he mentioned that it'll be the same as in IRCC profile. So, I asked him to update it to a residential address (of a friend) in Canada and he made the updates. But now I want to update the address to my address instead of the friend's address. Did updating via webform work for anyone? Also, in the change of address web page (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do) - it just mentions countries in 'Place of birth' column. I have tried putting my UCI number, application number (PR as well as PR Card), COPR number - but it still says 'cannot find application'. I feel that the issue is Place of Birth field listing Countries.