+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card: Can't update address

Minigoyal

Jul 15, 2017
It turned out I had the correct address in the first so I never needed to change it. I received my card, but my wife still hasn't (rejected photos)...
In my case I didn't gave any address because at that time I didn't had one. Do you know any way by which this issue could be resolved.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
In my case I didn't gave any address because at that time I didn't had one. Do you know any way by which this issue could be resolved.

Unfortunately not besides calling and speaking to a rep, or using the webform, looks like those have already been tried. Not sure where you're located, but I def found it easier to get through with a Canadian number.

usthb

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
any update on how this has been resolved. I am facing the same with my notification of address for PR card, post landing.

bluesaffron

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Hi Minigoyal -
Do you have any updates on this or if you figured a way to resolve the issue?
I plan to call them in few days...(as suggested in this thread and some other conversations as well) and wanted to check how others like you have resolved this issue...

usthb

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Called them. Got the address updated in the system. That is for certain. Now when I check back on the the online notification tool just to see if the system could now recognize my details, the same situation occurs: details are not recognized. Could it be that the address has been updated, BUT the processing of the PR has not been (automatically) initiated/triggered?
Point here is that I dont want to waste time waiting and discover later something has been missed due to miscommunication or otherwise.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Called them. Got the address updated in the system. That is for certain. Now when I check back on the the online notification tool just to see if the system could now recognize my details, the same situation occurs: details are not recognized. Could it be that the address has been updated, BUT the processing of the PR has not been (automatically) initiated/triggered?
Point here is that I dont want to waste time waiting and discover later something has been missed due to miscommunication or otherwise.
You would be able to cross check if an application for PR card has been submitted by linking your PR card application to EE profile. Just choose link an application in your EE profile, give PR card, and take it from there. That's a reliable way of knowing. Online notification doesn't work for most people even who had submitted their application while landing and it doesn't make any sense to beat around it.

bluesaffron

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
I called them today.. (on the number which is accessible via US) and after about 25 mins of music and wait.. the call failed.. :(, and then when I tried again, there was message saying that 'Agents will not be able to assist you and sorry for the inconvenience'...I think it was about 4:25 pm est when the first call failed and about 4:30 pm est when the second attempt played that weired message...
I am thinking their offices were getting closed by that time.. Will try to call them again tomorrow.

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
You would be able to cross check if an application for PR card has been submitted by linking your PR card application to EE profile. Just choose link an application in your EE profile, give PR card, and take it from there. That's a reliable way of knowing. Online notification doesn't work for most people even who had submitted their application while landing and it doesn't make any sense to beat around it.
When I try to link PR card application to my EE account using my EE application number I get an error The application number you entered does not match the category you selected or is not valid for the transaction you are performing.
What does that mean? Don't we have just one single application number in EE profile? Or does PR card application have a different application number? Where can I find that one? Thanks.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
When I try to link PR card application to my EE account using my EE application number I get an error The application number you entered does not match the category you selected or is not valid for the transaction you are performing.
What does that mean? Don't we have just one single application number in EE profile? Or does PR card application have a different application number? Where can I find that one? Thanks.
Yeah, it means PR card application there, not EE application number. It starts with R and followed by some digits. You'll be able to see that only if you link your application using other identifiers. Someone mentioned that only UCI and last name works in that list.

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Does the web form really work for address update? I used it 2 days back to update my address. After submitting the form the system generated a message saying 'we are committed to reply within 5 business days'.
But i have read different stories on this forum where people said they didn't hear back from CIC.
So how do I know if my address really got updated?

bluesaffron

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
I called them today.. (on the number which is accessible via US) and after about 25 mins of music and wait.. the call failed.. :(, and then when I tried again, there was message saying that 'Agents will not be able to assist you and sorry for the inconvenience'...I think it was about 4:25 pm est when the first call failed and about 4:30 pm est when the second attempt played that weired message...
I am thinking their offices were getting closed by that time.. Will try to call them again tomorrow.
I called them again today and got hold of the agent and had the address updated.. card should arrive in 60 days he said.. will keep the post updated on how it goes..

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
I called them again today and got hold of the agent and had the address updated.. card should arrive in 60 days he said.. will keep the post updated on how it goes..
Cool. Did you try the web form before calling? I submitted a web form for address update but not sure if that works and if i should call them too.

usthb

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
I used the webform at the time my eAPR application was being processed to update residential address. Never heard of a response back. Fast forward, spoke with an immigration agent and noticed the latest address in the system was the one I did update via webform. So it was taken into account even though I did not receive any written feedback or confirmation whatsoever.