+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR cancelled due to PCC incomplete

ChessGirl

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi,

I got my PR application reopened after getting rejected. I raised two webforms, one telling them that IRCC policy is that not to reject documents missing due to COVID. After a couple of weeks, I got my PCC so I raised another webform sending them my police certificate I was explict that the delay was due to COVID and asked them for reconsideration. They reopened my file after that.

So do raise a webform if you attached receipts showing your efforts to obtain a new one and if you explained the delay in your LOE.
Thank you so much for responding. I'm happy for you, for getting your file reopened.

I will take your advice into consideration and raise a webform.

uetian119

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Ontario
Hi,

I got my PR application reopened after getting rejected. I raised two webforms, one telling them that IRCC policy is that not to reject documents missing due to COVID. After a couple of weeks, I got my PCC so I raised another webform sending them my police certificate I was explict that the delay was due to COVID and asked them for reconsideration. They reopened my file after that.

So do raise a webform if you attached receipts showing your efforts to obtain a new one and if you explained the delay in your LOE.
How much time did it take to get PCC from consulate?

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Anyone able to pass the Korea PCC requirements. If yes, please guide how. It appears lots of people are getting rejected due to lapsed records.

Cyano

Nov 1, 2020
i am in the similar boat but my current status is in process - pending background check due to PCC with lapsed record.
The only difference is I have been aware that this document is no longer able to obtain based on South Korean law. I have included letter of explanation along with SK consulate in Toronto official reply where stating it is illegal to obtain that document and they can’t issue it, etc. With my original submission.

did you provide LOE??
Hello, I have seen some of your comments. Did you overcome the issue? If yes, please let me know. I am going through the same situation.

Cyano

Nov 1, 2020
Hi if this was going to be this nerve wracking I would have hired an immigration lawyer. They charge the full fee even at any stage and now I become hesitant.

Please help any possible way.

MY SUMMARY

- INLAND APPLICANT

- Moved to Canada in Jan 2015 and finished masters program in Canada

- EE CEC INVITATION JAN 2020
- AOR APRIL 8 2020
- POST GRADUATE OPEN WORK PERMIT EXPIRED MAY 15th 2020
- BRIDGE WORK PERMIT APPLIED ON APRIL 12TH - NO UPDATE

Yesterday I received an email update for my EE application that it is cancelled due to PCC. I have no criminal records anywhere.

Now I am finding some posts in South Korea PCC system that contradicts with CIC immigration. I made an error of updating the one missing CIC requirements.

The page shows as "cancelled as incomplete"

With a letter stating:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete. Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Police Certificate: The police certificate from South Korea you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not indicate that all records have been searched, including any lapsed records. Please consult our website to obtain more information regarding the required document: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigrationrefugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.

I am going to submit a webform, what would be the most persuasive way to write and reopen my case?
As seen in my summary it is almost impossible to get back into the pool. I am still living in Canada.
IS THERE ANYONE WHOSE application got cancelled due to PCC but successfully reopened the case via webform?? Please comment and individually msg me as well.

PLEASE HELP.
What did you do next? I am at the same door, my application will reject. What is the solution?

JTPr

May 15, 2020
Dear all,

I got my PR after almost 9 months since AOR.

what I did was to attach an explanation letter explaining it is against their law to be provided by South Korean government with an email directly from South Korea Consulate in Toronto stating they can’t give that to me because it is against their law.

at the same time i also attached the other PCC certificate they provided without laspsed record.

i could see from my gcms notes that everything else passed except for criminal check due to South Korean PCC (review required) till September I finally got it approved.

hope this helps!! I also know someone else after being rejected his case got reopened and eventually got his PR approved.

good luck everyone!!!

harpreet3

Sep 22, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am in a situation and so much nervous,

Actually, I have uploaded the PCC with my express entry file which i got before leaving for canada from India (I came to canada on 17th Sep, 2019 but my PCC issued on 12th Sep,2019).

Now i have applied for New PCC which will take 4-6 weeks.

AOR - 6th Nov, 2020
Status of my file is- we re reviewing your application.

So far nothing updated, not Biometric date updated

Can you please tell me what should i do now. I am so much worried

heysoumen

Oct 13, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am in a situation and so much nervous,

Actually, I have uploaded the PCC with my express entry file which i got before leaving for canada from India (I came to canada on 17th Sep, 2019 but my PCC issued on 12th Sep,2019).

Now i have applied for New PCC which will take 4-6 weeks.

AOR - 6th Nov, 2020
Status of my file is- we re reviewing your application.

So far nothing updated, not Biometric date updated

Can you please tell me what should i do now. I am so much worried
Can you please update if IRCC has considered your PCC issued on 12-Sept-2019? I am in the same boat, please let me know.. Thanks

Kristine Chaw

Oct 10, 2019
Hi,

HI, I am in same situation. my application got cancelled due to common law form not being notarized. It was difficult to get a notary seal on paper due to covid all the business has been closed. how should I raise webform regarding about that?

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi Guys, Even my PR application got canceled due to missing PCC for my husband because of COVID. I already raised a webform where IRCC confirmed that i can proceed with PR application submission and they will send me an ADR after which i will have 30 days from that date to provide missing documents. I added this Web Form response in my letter of application as well. I am not sure why did they cancel it esp after i have all my pending documents. Anyone who has overcome this problem. I need the same application to reopen, any suggestions on what to do.

Reactions: Maheen Hanif

Cyano

Nov 1, 2020
HI, I am in same situation. my application got cancelled due to common law form not being notarized. It was difficult to get a notary seal on paper due to covid all the business has been closed. how should I raise webform regarding about that?
What is common Law form?

Cyano

Nov 1, 2020
I was worried bcz of the PCC too, but someone helped me to take the PCC from South Korea. Now I'm at post AOR stage, don't know if my given pcc has been accepted or not.

As per GCMS
My eligibility Isn't started yet
Criminality Passed
Info Share in progress

naeem_engr

Feb 14, 2020
Hi,

Hi Shayan,

I actually applied recently for PR under TR to PR pathway (Worker stream category) , and provided my PCC both from Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, however situation is :
1: Saudi Licence I got in May 2018 when I applied for my Study Visa and came here in Canada in Jan 2019. So same Saudi Licence was attached for this TR to PR application because once we leave Saudi Arabia, It's impossible to get a new police Clearance Certificate.
2: Pak Licence , my last visit to Pakistan was in Sep 2018, however I obtained a new PCC from Pakistan last month with only single address which is my permanent home address (Since Birth to till-date) , However I worked in two different cities in Punjab (2008~2012 Mianwali and 2012~2015 Sadiq Abad) during this time period which I mentioned and mentioned my work addresses as Company Housing , but my PCC contains only my permanent home address

my question is would there be any issue in these PCC's during my TR to PR application review ? what are chances of success
Should my Pak PCC contain all three addresses in my Pak PCC's and what should i do in advance as precautionary measure in case of application cancellation .

berti4life

Aug 20, 2017
Hi,

Hello, I am having the same problem. My application was rejected because of wrong Pcc. I am trying to get the right Pcc. If i succeed to get it, please can you help with the procedure to reopen my application.
Thank You.

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hello, I am having the same problem. My application was rejected because of wrong Pcc. I am trying to get the right Pcc. If i succeed to get it, please can you help with the procedure to reopen my application.
Thank You.
Hi There, if you receive refund from IRCC by the time you get correct PCC, I would suggest you file a new express entry file. Once you get ITA, you can immediately submit all documents. This is a fast process than reopening.