+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR approved through new PR Confirmation Portal while Travelling

Istanbul87

Nov 20, 2021
@legalfalcon Thanks a lot for your wise responds. Hi all!!!

I applied PR from Turkey & reside in Turkey and 2 days ago I received PR confirmation portal email. I don't have a valid work permit either visa.

Does this mean that my PR is approved?

Should i only reply to email stating that i live in Turkey?

Could you please let me know what i suppose to do next?

Will i be receiving pr confirmation letter?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thanks a lot for your wise responds. Hi all!!!

I applied PR from Turkey & reside in Turkey and 2 days ago I received PR confirmation portal email. I don't have a valid work permit either visa.

Does this mean that my PR is approved?

Should i only reply to email stating that i live in Turkey?

Could you please let me know what i suppose to do next?

Will i be receiving pr confirmation letter?
Usually, the PR portal mail is sent to individuals who are already in Canada. If you were sent an email you can let IRCC know that you are not in Canada.

Istanbul87

Nov 20, 2021
Usually, the PR portal mail is sent to individuals who are already in Canada. If you were sent an email you can let IRCC know that you are not in Canada.
Thanks for your respond. I replied to email stating that my residential country is Turkey. I hope they will send a PPR.

bather gugu

Mar 13, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I am in serious confusion and unable to get any answer from IRCC. Hoping to receive helpful advise from this forum.

I received eCOPR through PR Confirmation Portal while i am travelling outside Canada(to India). My status in Canada was Post Graduate Work Permit when i last left Canada on Jan 28th 2021 and my PR got approved and received eCOPR on Feb 4th 2021. I was hoping that my photograph on PR portal will get approved soon and i will get my PR Card on my Canadian address and my friend can courier it so that i could travel back. But, unfortunately that is not the case. It will be great if someone can answer the following queries:
1. Can i travel back to Canada with my previous Work Permit and TRV which are still valid till March 2023?
2. Or my work permit and TRV are immediately deemed cancelled after my PR approval and i need to apply and get Permanent Resident Travel Document before i can travel back to Canada?
PsS: My flight to Canada is already rescheduled for March 14th 2021. Your quick help and advise will be really helpful.

Thanks!!!

Hi jsapra,

Well congratulations! How did it eventually go with PRTD and travel back to Canada? Thanks.

iamdollydot

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
Were you able to still use Work Permit and TRV to travel back to Canada? Did they provide a Record of Landing document when you entered Canada
hello!

is there an update on this? I am on the same boat. i still have avalid TRV but if a plane lets me board then it should be good right? lol.

desrainphx

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Hi guys! My situation is a bit different.
my AOR is June 2020 FSWO and recently passed remedical and have been asked to get Canadian criminal record check to be submitted til 8th May. (moved to Canada on WP last year). I have a ticket to fly to India on 19th May. I was wondering if I get my portal email while I am in Canada between 8th-19th May right before my flight could I still travel and fill the portal once I am back after 10 days?
notbeen able to go home in 4 years. Pls help with any advice you have. The tickets are also non refundable so a major loss that way too.

Dolphin22

Dec 20, 2021
Hey,
I have received the portal information email and replied. It seems they have not received it, and sent me a second notice. So far, I replied saying that I am in Canada now but that I will be away for the next two weeks (June 27- July 6) - if I come back and E-COPR has not yet been issued, will my current work permit still be valid to re-enter Canada? And if I get the portal credentials while I am away, can I delay the process for a few days? THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR ANY ADVICE, I have been trying to get a hold of IRCC for two weeks now without any luck...

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi guys! My situation is a bit different.
my AOR is June 2020 FSWO and recently passed remedical and have been asked to get Canadian criminal record check to be submitted til 8th May. (moved to Canada on WP last year). I have a ticket to fly to India on 19th May. I was wondering if I get my portal email while I am in Canada between 8th-19th May right before my flight could I still travel and fill the portal once I am back after 10 days?
notbeen able to go home in 4 years. Pls help with any advice you have. The tickets are also non refundable so a major loss that way too.
Once everything is finalized, you will get the email to be replied to with the questions like your last entry date to Canada, place of entry, number of dependants and present Canadian address and if you are still in Canada. Once you revert with these answers if in Canada they will send you portal account or otherwise what to do if you are outside of Canada.

deeep0810

Aug 12, 2022
jsapra - What did you end up doing? I received PR confirmation email from on 14th Aug. But I am travelling to India on 2nd Sep. If I do not register on the portal, can I use my valid work permit and TRV to return to Canada?

deeep0810

Aug 12, 2022
Hey,
I have received the portal information email and replied. It seems they have not received it, and sent me a second notice. So far, I replied saying that I am in Canada now but that I will be away for the next two weeks (June 27- July 6) - if I come back and E-COPR has not yet been issued, will my current work permit still be valid to re-enter Canada? And if I get the portal credentials while I am away, can I delay the process for a few days? THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR ANY ADVICE, I have been trying to get a hold of IRCC for two weeks now without any luck...
Hi Dolphin, Any updates? I am in similar situation and wondering what did you do? Were you able to enter Canada using your work permit?

Dolphin22

Dec 20, 2021
Hi Dolphin, Any updates? I am in similar situation and wondering what did you do? Were you able to enter Canada using your work permit?
Hi! I sent an Email to IRCC explaining my situation and asking to delay the portal process. They replied and said they would wait until I am back in Canada. When I came back, I informed them that I was back, and then they sent me my portal credentials within 3 days. Shortly after, I had received my eCOPR. So I guess, just explaining helps. Good luck!

newbs

Dec 2, 2022
@Dolphin22 I'm in the same situation. I got PR confirmation on Dec 1 and I'm supposed fo travel out of Canada on Dec 22 till Dec 27.

Did you just ask to delay the portal process till you're back and used your permits/TRV to enter Canada again? I'm thinking of doing the same but afraid 27 days may be too much of a delay.

newbs

Dec 2, 2022
jsapra - What did you end up doing? I received PR confirmation email from on 14th Aug. But I am travelling to India on 2nd Sep. If I do not register on the portal, can I use my valid work permit and TRV to return to Canada?
Hey any updates on what you did? I am in the same situation.

deeep0810

Aug 12, 2022
Hey any updates on what you did? I am in the same situation.
I called IRCC call center and requested them to hold the process till I get back. They advised me not to login on to the PR Confirmation Portal till I am back in Canada. I also dropped an email stating the complete scenario.
I left Canada on 1st Sep and came back on 2nd Oct using Work permit and TRV. After coming back, they called me and sent the new password to login again. I completed the process on the portal though still waiting for my PR card.