+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR approved through new PR Confirmation Portal while Travelling

jsapra

Feb 24, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am in serious confusion and unable to get any answer from IRCC. Hoping to receive helpful advise from this forum.

I received eCOPR through PR Confirmation Portal while i am travelling outside Canada(to India). My status in Canada was Post Graduate Work Permit when i last left Canada on Jan 28th 2021 and my PR got approved and received eCOPR on Feb 4th 2021. I was hoping that my photograph on PR portal will get approved soon and i will get my PR Card on my Canadian address and my friend can courier it so that i could travel back. But, unfortunately that is not the case. It will be great if someone can answer the following queries:
1. Can i travel back to Canada with my previous Work Permit and TRV which are still valid till March 2023?
2. Or my work permit and TRV are immediately deemed cancelled after my PR approval and i need to apply and get Permanent Resident Travel Document before i can travel back to Canada?
PsS: My flight to Canada is already rescheduled for March 14th 2021. Your quick help and advise will be really helpful.

Thanks!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I am in serious confusion and unable to get any answer from IRCC. Hoping to receive helpful advise from this forum.

I received eCOPR through PR Confirmation Portal while i am travelling outside Canada(to India). My status in Canada was Post Graduate Work Permit when i last left Canada on Jan 28th 2021 and my PR got approved and received eCOPR on Feb 4th 2021. I was hoping that my photograph on PR portal will get approved soon and i will get my PR Card on my Canadian address and my friend can courier it so that i could travel back. But, unfortunately that is not the case. It will be great if someone can answer the following queries:
1. Can i travel back to Canada with my previous Work Permit and TRV which are still valid till March 2023?
2. Or my work permit and TRV are immediately deemed cancelled after my PR approval and i need to apply and get Permanent Resident Travel Document before i can travel back to Canada?
PsS: My flight to Canada is already rescheduled for March 14th 2021. Your quick help and advise will be really helpful.

Thanks!!!
How did you use the portal from outside of Canada? Did you declare that you were in Canada?

jsapra

Feb 24, 2021
No i used the portal when i was still in Canada. I declared that i am in Canada on Jan 6th and at that time i was there. I travelled out of Canada on Jan 28th and got PR approved on Feb 4th.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No i used the portal when i was still in Canada. I declared that i am in Canada on Jan 6th and at that time i was there. I travelled out of Canada on Jan 28th and got PR approved on Feb 4th.
Got it.

Work permits and TRVs are generally canceled in the system automatically once you are a PR. You can certainly try boarding the plane with these documents but may be refused.

Your best option is to apply for a PRTD. You are short on time and should do that as soon as possible.

Aarnish

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
There is prtd thread check in that it is usually a month atleast fir all the process including stamping or passport. Check with your local vac for most accurate information. PRTD is only option because Work permit and trv no longer are valid as your status is changed to PR.

jsapra

Feb 24, 2021
There is prtd thread check in that it is usually a month atleast fir all the process including stamping or passport. Check with your local vac for most accurate information. PRTD is only option because Work permit and trv no longer are valid as your status is changed to PR.
Sounds good, thanks!

suji@03

Jan 25, 2020
Hi
I got an email to provide details for the ircc confirmation portal. Actually hav applied PR with two dependants. My self and spouse living in canada but my kid (4years age) is in india currently.
In this email from ircc, they specifically asked about my kid details to confirm his address as while applying pr iteself we metioned that kid is staying in india.
Please some one suggest me, will it create a problem in issuing ecopr for kid & ouselfs. If we reply back ircc about kid currently living in india.what is the process ircc follwing is issuing dependants pr living outside canada.
@legalfalcon please suggest me what should be done in this scenario.my AOR is apr 3rd, it was long wait... again we are very about kids pr approval.

thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi
I got an email to provide details for the ircc confirmation portal. Actually hav applied PR with two dependants. My self and spouse living in canada but my kid (4years age) is in india currently.
In this email from ircc, they specifically asked about my kid details to confirm his address as while applying pr iteself we metioned that kid is staying in india.
Please some one suggest me, will it create a problem in issuing ecopr for kid & ouselfs. If we reply back ircc about kid currently living in india.what is the process ircc follwing is issuing dependants pr living outside canada.
@legalfalcon please suggest me what should be done in this scenario.my AOR is apr 3rd, it was long wait... again we are very about kids pr approval.

thanks
For IRCC to issue COPR, all individuals in the application, including any minor children have to be in Canada. If any individual is not in Canada, then you will not be issued a COPR, until all individuals are physically in Canada.

Due to travel restrictions, IRCC is not issuing COPRs to individuals outside Canada. So you will have to wait until the minor child is physically in Canada, or until the travel restrictions are eased, after which COPR can be issued to individuals in Canada, and a PPR for the individual not in Canada, so that they can submit their passport and get a COPR and PR visa.

As soon as a COPR is issued, all other TRVs are cancelled. So if a COPR is issued to someone outside Canada, they will need a visa to travel to canada, unless form a visa exempt country.

If you are not in Canada, and you do not inform IRCC or incorrectly inform IRCC that you are, then even if a COPR is issued and later IRCC knows that you were not in Canada, then a letter will be issued cancelling your COPR. see #2,607

Reactions: tonisg18

suji@03

Jan 25, 2020
@legalfalcon - so sir u mean we will be issued copr but not kid or for three of us they wont issue copr. But for the kid present physically in canada we applied for visitor visa.. but i dont when they visitir visa anf even after getting visitor visa for him .. will he is allowed at the airport to travel to canada.

Plz suggest me what should be done now, we are giving correct details about the adress for kid And for both of us

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - so sir u mean we will be issued copr but not kid or for three of us they wont issue copr. But for the kid present physically in canada we applied for visitor visa.. but i dont when they visitir visa anf even after getting visitor visa for him .. will he is allowed at the airport to travel to canada.

Plz suggest me what should be done now, we are giving correct details about the adress for kid And for both of us
Currently IRCC is not issued COPR to applicants with dependents outside Canada. Unless the dependent outside Canada is physically in Canada, no one in the application will be issued a COPR.

However, on a case by case basis, IRCC may make exemptions, but currently the above is the norm, unless travel restrictions are eased.

Dhillon0022

Jul 14, 2021
For IRCC to issue COPR, all individuals in the application, including any minor children have to be in Canada. If any individual is not in Canada, then you will not be issued a COPR, until all individuals are physically in Canada.

Due to travel restrictions, IRCC is not issuing COPRs to individuals outside Canada. So you will have to wait until the minor child is physically in Canada, or until the travel restrictions are eased, after which COPR can be issued to individuals in Canada, and a PPR for the individual not in Canada, so that they can submit their passport and get a COPR and PR visa.

As soon as a COPR is issued, all other TRVs are cancelled. So if a COPR is issued to someone outside Canada, they will need a visa to travel to canada, unless form a visa exempt country.

If you are not in Canada, and you do not inform IRCC or incorrectly inform IRCC that you are, then even if a COPR is issued and later IRCC knows that you were not in Canada, then a letter will be issued cancelling your COPR. see #2,607
i am outside canada i received my confirmation of permanent resident portal email on may 27,2021 . can i create portal or not at all. But i just tell replying to the email i got and told them i am outside canada and wait for reply its been 6 weeks nothing yet. My work permit expired but i applied for my extension before old one expired since i am provincal nominee mpnp issued me new AOR and applied for new work permit its been 5 weeks nothing there yet too.. pls tell me something about this suitation

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
i am outside canada i received my confirmation of permanent resident portal email on may 27,2021 . can i create portal or not at all. But i just tell replying to the email i got and told them i am outside canada and wait for reply its been 6 weeks nothing yet. My work permit expired but i applied for my extension before old one expired since i am provincal nominee mpnp issued me new AOR and applied for new work permit its been 5 weeks nothing there yet too.. pls tell me something about this suitation
You can create the portal, but since your are not physically in Canada you cannot get the COPR, as for that you have to be physically in Canada.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
You can create the portal, but since your are not physically in Canada you cannot get the COPR, as for that you have to be physically in Canada.

Dhillon0022

Jul 14, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!!!
[/QUOTE
does that do any help creating portal but not using it ???