+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR approved through new PR Confirmation Portal while Travelling

newbs

Dec 2, 2022
I called IRCC call center and requested them to hold the process till I get back. They advised me not to login on to the PR Confirmation Portal till I am back in Canada. I also dropped an email stating the complete scenario.
I left Canada on 1st Sep and came back on 2nd Oct using Work permit and TRV. After coming back, they called me and sent the new password to login again. I completed the process on the portal though still waiting for my PR card.
So did you reply to the initial confirmation email with all the information and then just didn't use the login link for portal once it was sent? Did you also fill out the info section as if you weren't in Canada then entered your date of return (Oct 2 in your case) in the "expected return to Canada"?

Also once you came back can you confirm if they called you right on the date that you mentioned? I'm just wondering in case they don't reach out to me and where I need to call them for new link to portal.

Thanks for sharing your experience with this it's really helpful and I appreciate it!

deeep0810

Aug 12, 2022
Yes, I replied on the initial confirmation email. I filled the section stating that I am in Canada but will be going out for a month. They responded with portal login details after which I called them. The call centre agent advised me not to login to the portal as my work permit was valid for another year and I could wait. I did get another reply to my email from IRCC case worker after two weeks stating they will wait.

Do not login into the portal if you are going out of Canada. If you submit information in the portal, they will process it and invalidate your TRV/work permit. And you won't be able to enter Canada without PR. Make sure your work permit and TRV will be valid/not expired on date you enter Canada.

Yes, they called on date of my return. But I think if they don't, you can call their centre and get login details again.

My suggestion will be to call them first and follow their advice. To get to the agent, try calling them early morning around 8am.

newbs

Dec 2, 2022
Yes, I replied on the initial confirmation email. I filled the section stating that I am in Canada but will be going out for a month. They responded with portal login details after which I called them. The call centre agent advised me not to login to the portal as my work permit was valid for another year and I could wait. I did get another reply to my email from IRCC case worker after two weeks stating they will wait.

Do not login into the portal if you are going out of Canada. If you submit information in the portal, they will process it and invalidate your TRV/work permit. And you won't be able to enter Canada without PR. Make sure your work permit and TRV will be valid/not expired on date you enter Canada.

Yes, they called on date of my return. But I think if they don't, you can call their centre and get login details again.

My suggestion will be to call them first and follow their advice. To get to the agent, try calling them early morning around 8am.
Thank you so much for all this information you've been extremely helpful! I'll follow these steps as well and hopefully everything goes well :)

Aug 15, 2022
Hi everyone,
I applied through TR2Pr, and that program has no time frame and I have not received approval yet.
I am planning to travel outside Canada for 10 days on Feb 16.
I was wondering If I get pr confirmation portal email before I travel, can I just not reply to it until I come back? Is there any deadline for it?Or I mention to them that I have a trip and I dont want COPR right now?

nnp2023

Aug 29, 2023
For IRCC to issue COPR, all individuals in the application, including any minor children have to be in Canada. If any individual is not in Canada, then you will not be issued a COPR, until all individuals are physically in Canada.

Due to travel restrictions, IRCC is not issuing COPRs to individuals outside Canada. So you will have to wait until the minor child is physically in Canada, or until the travel restrictions are eased, after which COPR can be issued to individuals in Canada, and a PPR for the individual not in Canada, so that they can submit their passport and get a COPR and PR visa.

As soon as a COPR is issued, all other TRVs are cancelled. So if a COPR is issued to someone outside Canada, they will need a visa to travel to canada, unless form a visa exempt country.

If you are not in Canada, and you do not inform IRCC or incorrectly inform IRCC that you are, then even if a COPR is issued and later IRCC knows that you were not in Canada, then a letter will be issued cancelling your COPR. see #2,607

Hi @legalfalcon
I am in a somewhat similar situation. I have received portal 1 details and I have sent the email with details of my last entry in Canada, but waiting for COPR activation portal details. I am inside Canada, however, my spouse is in the USA and might not be able to travel and stay for many days in the Canada very soon. I have mentioned this in the email to IRCC. Can you please help me with the 2 below queries ?

1. Will it be possible for me to perform a virtual landing in Canada through the COPR portal to confirm my PR as I am inside Canada and my spouse to come to a Canada land port of entry with COPR later (may be get the passport stamped with PR Visa or can she use the existing Open work permit to enter) and confirm the PR at any port of entry (not use the COPR portal), as she is outside of Canada ?

2. Is it permitted to travel to the USA and comeback to Canada while I wait for the COPR activation portal details (I have already sent the email with details of last entry in Canada and mentioned I am in Canada) ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sep 13, 2023
@legalfalcon

Urgent advise needed!

-My Common-Law partner’s current status is: Applied PGWP, and has a valid trv for 5 years.
-We had applied for common-law PR in Canada class, and she just received Portal 1 email 2 days ago. (Sept 11, 2023), we replied to that email same day.
- We have a travel plan coming up (From Sept 15- Sept 23), and we are crossing the border on FOOT. (Important, please note)
- Considering we do not receive the portal 2 email with the login details until we leave Canada and are in the US, is she still allowed to re-enter Canada on her TRV/Applied pgwp?
-Also, note, considering if she does receive the portal 2 email and details, if we come back within the required 7 day period to upload PR photo and confirm we are in Canada, would she allowed then? I just want to know that will at any point her visa or apploed status be cancelled before actually receiving the ECOPR? I know people would suggest delaying the trip pr trying to email IRCC, but we would rather not since application is in final leg. Basically would she be able to re enter Canada even after receiving portal 1 or portal 2 email? And other question would be since we would be able to come back to Canada to do the portal confirmation and upload photo, we wouldnt need to i form IRCC which would in turn cause any delay right?

farhanzamo

Apr 13, 2023
Hi guys,
This thread gives me some relief...

Did it worked for all of you?
Any problems?

So what I understand is there is no expiry for P2 login and you can login after you travel on WP TRV?

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
Dear all,
Kindly guide me please. Been going through different forums to find an answer, but couldn't get any advice so far. Any help wold be appreciated.

While my PR application (FSWP-O) I am planning to travel to the US and Canada (on tourist Visa, which I currently have), and my wife and the new born will both be in the country of residence. I will be in Canada for the next few months. If the PR is approved while I am in Canada, but both my wife and child are in country of residence, would this create any problems? What can I possibly do in this scenario? Will I be able to virtually land in Canada and claim PR status while my wife and kid can travel to Canada after approval and join me there? Your guidance will be appreciated.

Regards,

rps1

Jan 21, 2024
Hello @legalfalcon ! How are you?

I recently received PR portal email, therefore, I went with the usual process as I am in Canada.

My wife (dependent) on the other hand, who is not in Canada right now, already has visa stamped on her passport for spouse open work permit(SOWP). She also received PR portal request the same day where she declared that she is outside of Canada. I'm not sure if she is supposed to receive a PPR letter for PR visa or not?? Does she need a PR visa or is it not required and she can land in Canada with the existing 'worker visa'? I've read somewhere that until a CoPR is not issued, the previous status, i.e., SOWP's worker visa remains valid, is that true?

Your response is appreciated,
RPS