+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application Timeline - Montreal Local Office

Stephzer

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Hey guys, I just received this reply to my webform, does it mean they actually started eligibility or is it just a generic response?

"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your online account."

my AoR is Feb 15,2021
Med passed: March 2
CEC, single applicant, inland
CIO then file currently at Montreal

Should I expect golden email soon?

FayRe

Mar 2, 2021
Hi! Any one on this thread heard or got any updates from Montreal VO? I'm May Aor, last GCMS (somewhere around mid August) shows my file hasn't been touched by any officer yet. It's been 4 months now, not sure if any officer finally opened my file or not.

karanvir jassal

May 18, 2018
Hi! Any one on this thread heard or got any updates from Montreal VO? I'm May Aor, last GCMS (somewhere around mid August) shows my file hasn't been touched by any officer yet. It's been 4 months now, not sure if any officer finally opened my file or not.
Here aor march 22 and still waiting almost six months. Probably you need to wait too

huxing0522

Dec 14, 2019
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Med's Done....
23-03-2021
LANDED..........
16-08-2021
One applicant received portal yesterday whose primary office was Montreal and aor was Mar 1st.

FayRe

Mar 2, 2021
Here aor march 22 and still waiting almost six months. Probably you need to wait too
Thank you for letting me know, I already accepted the sad fact that montreal vo and other VOs are in different universes . Time is stagnant there. Unfortunately some of us have to take a pause on life planning because of that. Wish us luck :(

AmanS2021

Aug 10, 2021
helloo guys.. Good news.. wait is over for me. just received eCOPR .
AOR 19 March... VO Montreal... Secondary CIO Sydney....Got eCOPR from Etobicoke.
All the best guys.. Don't loose hopes.. you all will get is soon.

FayRe

Mar 2, 2021
helloo guys.. Good news.. wait is over for me. just received eCOPR .
AOR 19 March... VO Montreal... Secondary CIO Sydney....Got eCOPR from Etobicoke.
All the best guys.. Don't loose hopes.. you all will get is soon.
Wow that's great news, congrats!!! Wish everything goes smoothly from here!!
Do you mind briefly sharing your timeline?

AmanS2021

Aug 10, 2021
Wow that's great news, congrats!!! Wish everything goes smoothly from here!!
Do you mind briefly sharing your timeline?
Vo-Montreal, secondary CIO sydney, ecopr issued etobicoke ircc

Feb 13 invitation
March 19 submited &aor
April 6 bio and medical completed
July 28 gcms notes applied
Aug 30 notes recieved
Aug 30 first GU. Application/profile updated
Sep 4 second GU. Application/profile updated
Sep 8 1st portal mail details sent same day
Sep 10 credential email received same day declaration address photo submitted
Sep 13 eCOPR mail received

One more thing I’ve noticed the day i recieved my gcms note is the day my background check completed( as per my cic profile)

I know guys it’s stressful but eventually you’ll all get it. Hope for the best.

Reactions: EdiCavani07

FayRe

Mar 2, 2021
Vo-Montreal, secondary CIO sydney, ecopr issued etobicoke ircc

Feb 13 invitation
March 19 submited &aor
April 6 bio and medical completed
July 28 gcms notes applied
Aug 30 notes recieved
Aug 30 first GU. Application/profile updated
Sep 4 second GU. Application/profile updated
Sep 8 1st portal mail details sent same day
Sep 10 credential email received same day declaration address photo submitted
Sep 13 eCOPR mail received

One more thing I’ve noticed the day i recieved my gcms note is the day my background check completed( as per my cic profile)

I know guys it’s stressful but eventually you’ll all get it. Hope for the best.
Glad to hear a case distributed to Montreal can also be completed within 6-month frame!

I should receive my second GCMS notes in next couple days, I am so afraid I might see nothing changes on it. Many people say that Montreal vo tend to not updating GCMS notes at all until the final update, I wonder was your GCMS notes informative? Did it tell you the code of an officer, and was there any officer's comments/notes on the last few pages? My last notes showed my case has been assigned to RC2xxx which I found out is the code for Montreal vo, not an officer. In the last few pages it shows the comments/notes created by a program assistant (which declared R10 ok), no notes created by an officer.

I was hoping GCMS notes could shed a light in this information black hole, but if they don't update the notes at all, it's meaningless to request the notes any more.

enya

Sep 30, 2021
Hello Friends,

My case is little different with you. But same in Local Montreal now

ITA: 29, Feb, 2020
AOR: 13, April, 2021

Until now, no information any more...
Try to check in service3 today, it's go back to Application received. Does it mean changes to Local Montreal?
How do you track your file after?
Thank you