Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Ok guys- So I have this weird situation. I got AOR on 27 July. I submitted POF to IRCC which was around 5 times the amount required. Now the problem is the currency in which I have showed my POF has depreciated a lot (INR) and its expected to go down further. I am losing money almost everyday and I would like to move money out of the country. But people say that you need to maintain the money till the time you land.

So I was thinking of moving the excess money over minimum required out now and maintain the minimum with some buffer so that in case IRCC asks for POf in can show that I have the money maintained. But will it be an issue as the POF submitted in eapr would have 5 times the actual balance?
If you've been reading the above posts, you'll know that there is going to be no issue.

Opypapa

Aug 5, 2018
to the best of my knowledge, your POF will only be calculated based on the exchange rate at the time of AOR regadless of the fluctuations afterwards

longjohn

Sep 1, 2017
This PoF situation has got me stressing. I have around 12700 CAD in my account (requirement is 12475). The ten-month average balance is around 10500 CAD. My bank letter is ready which states all the needed things.
In a letter of explanation, I am proving that I got around 2000 CAD transferred from my salary account to my main account, by providing 3 months statement.

Now, what if the officer is like 'what was the source of money in your salary account?' since my salary is pretty low to have savings as high as that.

(If anyone is wondering, my employer dropped my five months pending salary as an arrear in June so that's how I had the amount saved up in my salary account).

Am I being paranoid here or should I actually be careful about this?

longjohn

Sep 1, 2017
to the best of my knowledge, your POF will only be calculated based on the exchange rate at the time of AOR regadless of the fluctuations afterwards
Can anyone confirm this? I'm relying hard on this fact. The surging dollar could very well take my bank balance below the minimum, in coming months.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Can anyone confirm this? I'm relying hard on this fact. The surging dollar could very well take my bank balance below the minimum, in coming months.
Please read all the posts in this thread. It will give you a fair idea. There's even a link to that fact you refer to.

This PoF situation has got me stressing. I have around 12700 CAD in my account (requirement is 12475). The ten-month average balance is around 10500 CAD. My bank letter is ready which states all the needed things.
In a letter of explanation, I am proving that I got around 2000 CAD transferred from my salary account to my main account, by providing 3 months statement.

Now, what if the officer is like 'what was the source of money in your salary account?' since my salary is pretty low to have savings as high as that.

(If anyone is wondering, my employer dropped my five months pending salary as an arrear in June so that's how I had the amount saved up in my salary account).

Am I being paranoid here or should I actually be careful about this?
Yes, you're being paranoid. As long as you've shown that the 2000 CAD is coming from your salary account, you have nothing to worry. No one asks what was the source of the money in your salary account (because Duh!!)

Reactions: longjohn

longjohn

Sep 1, 2017
Please read all the posts in this thread. It will give you a fair idea. There's even a link to that fact you refer to.

Yes, you're being paranoid. As long as you've shown that the 2000 CAD is coming from your salary account, you have nothing to worry. No one asks what was the source of the money in your salary account (because Duh!!)
Thanks! From what I can make out, people are implicating foreign exchange volatility as a reason which can lead to insufficiency of funds.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Thanks! From what I can make out, people are implicating foreign exchange volatility as a reason which can lead to insufficiency of funds.
Again, if you've read this thread end to end you'll see it's not the case.

Reactions: longjohn
Jun 15, 2017
Good evening guys, at 18th Octoberi been asked for ADRs for me and my wife and my lawyer submitted them on 7th November. The issue is during submission there were technical issue at the site and the lawyer combined both Schedule A and PCC in one file and uploaded them. The due date was 17th November and till now the status showing "we need additional documents " . Along with , the lawyer submitted CSE explaining the issue and uplaoded again all the requored documents on the CSE.
My question is there any chance that the file been rejected because the officer didn't find each document on its place?
If no. Is it normal that the status didn't changed yet?

PawanKapoor89

Dec 7, 2017
Sorry for posting this here guys, but I've created two separate posts over the last 2 months but neither seem to have gotten any views, replies or traction and the issue is time sensitive (again)
Admins, if too off topic, I will remove this
@Varunaimar any inputs would help!

Here is my problem:
"
TL;DR : PR status- decision pending after 4 months, but accepted to college in Canada starting Jan 7 2019, so applied and gotten student visa approved (through same GIC profile). What happens to my PR status?

Detailed info:

I had applied for a PR through the express entry program with a CRS score of 441. After receiving the ITA, I submitted my final documents to the IRCC on August 3, 2018. Till now (November 29, 2018), I have only heard back from them about having passed the medical, but the final decision is still pending.

Meanwhile, I have been accepted at an MBA college in Canada, who's offer I have accepted and made the initial deposit as well. For this, through the same IRCC profile, I had applied for and just yesterday (Nov 27, 2018) received my approval for a student visa. My flight leaves for Toronto on January 1, 2019 since my course starts on January 7, 2019.

My question is as follows: Since my PR application does not mention (as I had not anticipated that the final PR decision would take longer than it has) that I will be travelling to Canada, what should I do? I am concerned that if my PR approval comes after I leave India, I will not be able to submit my passport for the PR Visa stamp to the Indian Visa office.
Also, since the PR application was filed months before my student visa, should I inform the IRCC about the fact that I have been accepted to an MBA college and that I will be travelling on a student Visa to Canada on January 1, 2019, and moreover that I have an update on my passport, and that my work status is changed as well? (it will change from "Working" to "Student" )
((And, my resident status changes from Resident Indian to Temporary resident- Canada))

Also, I will soon be getting my student Visa stamped. If my PR application is accepted and I receive the call for having the passport stamped AGAIN, with a PR visa this time, my passport will already have a student Visa stamped. How will this effect my situation?

The issue is fairly technical and I would appreciate it if I could get some professional advise on the same.

Thanks in advance. You guys are lifesavers

"

Original Post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-status-final-decision-pending-student-visa-approved-conflict-please-help.597766/

puzokumar

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Banglaore
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
23-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Sorry for posting this here guys, but I've created two separate posts over the last 2 months but neither seem to have gotten any views, replies or traction and the issue is time sensitive (again)
Admins, if too off topic, I will remove this
@Varunaimar any inputs would help!

Here is my problem:
"
TL;DR : PR status- decision pending after 4 months, but accepted to college in Canada starting Jan 7 2019, so applied and gotten student visa approved (through same GIC profile). What happens to my PR status?

Detailed info:

I had applied for a PR through the express entry program with a CRS score of 441. After receiving the ITA, I submitted my final documents to the IRCC on August 3, 2018. Till now (November 29, 2018), I have only heard back from them about having passed the medical, but the final decision is still pending.

Meanwhile, I have been accepted at an MBA college in Canada, who's offer I have accepted and made the initial deposit as well. For this, through the same IRCC profile, I had applied for and just yesterday (Nov 27, 2018) received my approval for a student visa. My flight leaves for Toronto on January 1, 2019 since my course starts on January 7, 2019.

My question is as follows: Since my PR application does not mention (as I had not anticipated that the final PR decision would take longer than it has) that I will be travelling to Canada, what should I do? I am concerned that if my PR approval comes after I leave India, I will not be able to submit my passport for the PR Visa stamp to the Indian Visa office.
Also, since the PR application was filed months before my student visa, should I inform the IRCC about the fact that I have been accepted to an MBA college and that I will be travelling on a student Visa to Canada on January 1, 2019, and moreover that I have an update on my passport, and that my work status is changed as well? (it will change from "Working" to "Student" )
((And, my resident status changes from Resident Indian to Temporary resident- Canada))

Also, I will soon be getting my student Visa stamped. If my PR application is accepted and I receive the call for having the passport stamped AGAIN, with a PR visa this time, my passport will already have a student Visa stamped. How will this effect my situation?

The issue is fairly technical and I would appreciate it if I could get some professional advise on the same.

Thanks in advance. You guys are lifesavers

"

Original Post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-status-final-decision-pending-student-visa-approved-conflict-please-help.597766/
Pretty sure the student visa application asks - have you applied for any other visa? - and your answer to this should have been “Yes”

If you hid this then its up for misrepresentation.

Please raise a CSE from your PR application and let CIC know of the status change before they take any adverse decision.

About two visas - if the CIC decided to give you a PR it superseeds the student visa and same shall be cancelled leaving only a PR active.

Plus - university will treat you like an international student and charge you the international student fee if your student visa remained active instead of charging you the PR or Canadian student fee ( there is a huge difference )

Reactions: PawanKapoor89

PawanKapoor89

Dec 7, 2017
Pretty sure the student visa application asks - have you applied for any other visa? - and your answer to this should have been “Yes”

If you hid this then its up for misrepresentation.

Please raise a CSE from your PR application and let CIC know of the status change before they take any adverse decision.

About two visas - if the CIC decided to give you a PR it superseeds the student visa and same shall be cancelled leaving only a PR active.

Plus - university will treat you like an international student and charge you the international student fee if your student visa remained active instead of charging you the PR or Canadian student fee ( there is a huge difference )
Thanks for replying
Yes of course, I marked "yes". The CIC profile for applying for the student visa is the same as the one which has my PR application, so there is no way (or need) of hiding it.

You're also right about the fee, there is a 20-30% difference. However, the uni is pretty supportive when and has informed me that from whenever the PR comes through, theylltchange my status from an international student to a resident and adjust the fee (for the next term) accordingly. I am just confused about how I will process my pr and to whom will I send my passport to he stamped for the PR, if it comes after I am in Canada already (since my course starts Jan 3,2019) . What happens at that stage?

About the CSE, i will draft it up and send it off at the earliest.

The problem is solved if I get my PR approval before I leave India (after informing the ircc with the explanation CSE ) .
The complication arrises if it happens after I've left the country

puzokumar

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Banglaore
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
23-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Thanks for replying
Yes of course, I marked "yes". The CIC profile for applying for the student visa is the same as the one which has my PR application, so there is no way (or need) of hiding it.

You're also right about the fee, there is a 20-30% difference. However, the uni is pretty supportive when and has informed me that from whenever the PR comes through, theylltchange my status from an international student to a resident and adjust the fee (for the next term) accordingly. I am just confused about how I will process my pr and to whom will I send my passport to he stamped for the PR, if it comes after I am in Canada already (since my course starts Jan 3,2019) . What happens at that stage?

About the CSE, i will draft it up and send it off at the earliest.

The problem is solved if I get my PR approval before I leave India (after informing the ircc with the explanation CSE ) .
The complication arrises if it happens after I've left the country
In the CSE mention your new address where you will be staying - the visa officer reviewing your application will ask you to send the passport to the nearest visa office.

I.e. - within Canada, if it’s outside then - VFS global will have to be used to send and receive.

I have not experienced this personally but from
What I have read on the forum (so jobless you see :p) I read post where the person travelled to another country and with in the 30 days stipulated time if you were unable to send your passport,

* You are likely given an extension( will need proof of travel, stay etc )

* You can submit in the foreign country it will be shipped back to you

Again not an expert but only this seem to be the most logical way of solving this the catch 22 you are faced with.

Reactions: PawanKapoor89

PawanKapoor89

Dec 7, 2017
In the CSE mention your new address where you will be staying - the visa officer reviewing your application will ask you to send the passport to the nearest visa office.

I.e. - within Canada, if it’s outside then - VFS global will have to be used to send and receive.

I have not experienced this personally but from
What I have read on the forum (so jobless you see :p) I read post where the person travelled to another country and with in the 30 days stipulated time if you were unable to send your passport,

* You are likely given an extension( will need proof of travel, stay etc )

* You can submit in the foreign country it will be shipped back to you

Again not an expert but only this seem to be the most logical way of solving this the catch 22 you are faced with.
It's not jobless at all, it's helping people in distress more than you know!

I shall do this. In the meantime, I've also arranged to speak to an ircc certified immigration consultant (for 50CAD for a phone call) and I'll draft the letter and get his opinion on it.
I'll post the response I get here.

Thanks again!

puzokumar

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Banglaore
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
23-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
It's not jobless at all, it's helping people in distress more than you know!

I shall do this. In the meantime, I've also arranged to speak to an ircc certified immigration consultant (for 50CAD for a phone call) and I'll draft the letter and get his opinion on it.
I'll post the response I get here.

Thanks again!
Sure just remembered this point that I should have originally added to your response

You will be required to show more POF now given you are a full time student and a resident.

Not sure how this affects your application and what arrangements you have made to overcome but I would very careful in letting them
Know how Ypu plan on paying for your education and live in the country.

Last edited:

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I'm afraid this is incorrect.
Review of POF is done based on currency exchange of the day agent is reviewing it.
There have been some reports on this forum where applicants were refused PR because their settlement funds have dipped below minimum due to currency fluctuation.