06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Banks would never release this information, this is against privacy laws. They don't even know who is on the other end of the call.

Reactions: OriginalCraker

PawanKapoor89

Dec 7, 2017
As I said, I'm pretty sure that at least for Indian applicants, we ourselves sign over the authority for the immigration officer to check and verify that we indeed have the money we claim we do. It must be included in the Terms & Conditions that we agree to.

Otherwise, most people can simply withdraw the money the day after the bank statement is made.
Again, they knew the exact amount I had in my bank.

I had appealed because there was nothing else I could do, and in a situation when the stakes are high, one tends to explore all avenues, even if the chance of help is practically non existent.

The arguments some of you are so confidently providing based on common sense, keep them to yourselves as they aren't really helping anyone.
It is in the candidates best interest to not risk such a rejection and to make sure that the bank statement is healthy and that the bank balance is well above the threshold.

Reactions: annevn8

PawanKapoor89

Dec 7, 2017
I've read that in several cases, a hundred or so dollars were less and the application was still approved.
So if theres evidence that the application could be accepted but could also be rejected, I just think that we should be on the safer side.

I doubt it. Bwcause we paid the application fees from it which dropped and reincreased slowly. We had no issues.

PawanKapoor89

Dec 7, 2017
(https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cic-access-bank-account.339965/)

Unless privacy laws for bank accounts changed globally in the last few years, I trust this response from @scylla :)

Now I don't know about banks in specific countries (e.g. Bangladesh), but with the strict privacy laws in for example Europe, there's no way CIC can just go around requesting information like that. At least for my country (I checked) it would require either explicit consent of the account holder, or a court order.
I don't see the relevance of the tagged post. A guy asks a question (which is not even in the same context as the OP) and another guy replies with a negative, with no supporting argument or document.

Again, we would also never submit our bank accounts to anybody right, if we follow what common sense dictates? But for this process, we even tell (CLAIM) the immigration office our bank details and the balance. We would certainly need to give them the right to access the account and verify the details. The only way for the officer to verify our claims is by cross examining. That's what a background check is.
It's very probable that a person had the sufficient amount while applying, but since the process can take up to 6 months, during this period, they may not have the funds anymore.
So when the immigration officer checks and finds that the person had claimed a certain amount, but now has only a few hundred dollars left in his account, how will they verify that the candidate can support themselves in the new country? A letter from a bank manager, dated 6 months before the immigration officer checks it is hardly sufficient.

PawanKapoor89

Dec 7, 2017
I think the LOE suffices. You can include the bank statements of the bank some of the funds was transferred to for the 7months period.
I wish you good luck this time around.
Thank you. I cannot explain the anxiety and stress the rejection and this confusion has caused. It's replies like these which re-establish some confidence.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
pplicant’s family size, using 50% of the current Low-
Income Cut-off (LICO) from Statistics Canada for urban areas with populations of 500,000 or more. In
I don't see the relevance of the tagged post. A guy asks a question (which is not even in the same context as the OP) and another guy replies with a negative, with no supporting argument or document.

Again, we would also never submit our bank accounts to anybody right, if we follow what common sense dictates? But for this process, we even tell (CLAIM) the immigration office our bank details and the balance. We would certainly need to give them the right to access the account and verify the details. The only way for the officer to verify our claims is by cross examining. That's what a background check is.
It's very probable that a person had the sufficient amount while applying, but since the process can take up to 6 months, during this period, they may not have the funds anymore.
So when the immigration officer checks and finds that the person had claimed a certain amount, but now has only a few hundred dollars left in his account, how will they verify that the candidate can support themselves in the new country? A letter from a bank manager, dated 6 months before the immigration officer checks it is hardly sufficient.
Just read through the entire thread and it's pretty unfortunate what happened. I cannot even begin to imagine the frustration and rage you must have gone through. I think a simple explanation in your LoE will suffice. They have your history and will treat your case accordingly. Good Luck!

P.S: Those I know personally, I am trying to help them emigrate to Canada on their own (without agent interference). Why? Otherwise, they'll end up going to immigration agents who are unnecessary for most applicants. Try and do the same for people you know personally in the future.

Reactions: PawanKapoor89

PawanKapoor89

Dec 7, 2017
Just read through the entire thread and it's pretty unfortunate what happened. I cannot even begin to imagine the frustration and rage you must have gone through. I think a simple explanation in your LoE will suffice. They have your history and will treat your case accordingly. Good Luck!

P.S: Those I know personally, I am trying to help them emigrate to Canada on their own (without agent interference). Why? Otherwise, they'll end up going to immigration agents who are unnecessary for most applicants. Try and do the same for people you know personally in the future.

Thanks. You would not believe the incompetency of these immigration agencies. These guys wanted me to lie on my profile and not declare that I had already applied and gotten rejected once.
That's also one of the reasons why I've had the ITA for so long and haven't submitted the profile.
They also claim that they've had their clients do the same and those people have gotten through.
God help these people when the verification for Citizenship happens a few years down the line.

Ridiculously incompetent and clueless people.
I'm advising everybody who asks me about the process now, to try and apply by themselves.

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
What I found perplexing is that you said your dad moved some money into another account, causing it to drop. Does that mean somebody else can liquidate your own bank account? That in itself could be ground for rejection. Sorry if I misread anything.

PawanKapoor89

Dec 7, 2017
What I found perplexing is that you said your dad moved some money into another account, causing it to drop. Does that mean somebody else can liquidate your own bank account? That in itself could be ground for rejection. Sorry if I misread anything.
Oh, that's easily answered.
No he can't access it without my knowledge, I had willingly given him access and signed cheques. This is somewhat common in Indian families. (barring the blunder)

fazilasadiq

Dec 30, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
@PawanKapoor89 I know your frustration and anxiety as i also got rejection when I submitted my application first time, but the reason was officer was not satisfied with proof of sibling residency. Applied again and gave all the details about first rejection. They have a place to write why the rejection happened and i also included it in LOE.
And about people who say IRCC can not access information about our bank balance are not well informed. People got rejection just because of change in balance due to change in exchange rate and balance going down just few dollars. They can get information about our bank balance, our background and even social media.

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
My wife just spotted this:
"In your application you have declared an available amount of $12,400 in settlement funds."
"You have submitted evidence for funds in the amount of $11,672"

So either there was a huge fluctuation in exchange rate, or the fund was not enough right in the beginning, not because of your father's withdrawal.
I think the poor dad deserves an apology :)

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
"In your application you have declared an available amount of $12,400 in settlement funds."

So either there was a huge fluctuation in exchange rate, or the fund was not enough right in the beginning, not because of your father's withdrawal.
Maybe the applicant declared $12,400 in their profile and submitted PoF for $11,672.

Reactions: Fantastica

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018

And that is 5.9% decrease from 12,400 to 11,672. I was just looking at CAD to INR and there has been quiet a high fluctuation last year. Just from June'17 to Dec'17 INR has depreciated around 6%. Now I am not sure how CIC takes the exchange rate into factoring - Is that the day of the letter of POF or the day of ITA or the day they are doing the check.

But it appears that It might very well be the case of exchange fluctuation because the amount that his dad withdrew does not tie back here.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

sandy1203m

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
And that is 5.9% decrease from 12,400 to 11,672. I was just looking at CAD to INR and there has been quiet a high fluctuation last year. Just from June'17 to Dec'17 INR has depreciated around 6%. Now I am not sure how CIC takes the exchange rate into factoring - Is that the day of the letter of POF or the day of ITA or the day they are doing the check.

But it appears that It might very well be the case of exchange fluctuation because the amount that his dad withdrew does not tie back here.
This might be the actual reason why his application got rejected, cause I cant believe that someone is allowed to check our balance.