App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I doubt it. Bwcause we paid the application fees from it which dropped and reincreased slowly. We had no issues.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
When I submitted my profile, the account had around CAD14,000. After a month of submitting my application, my father moves around CAD 2,350 from this account into another account (which the CIC doesnt know about obviously)

The application was rejected because the the account I had provided to the CIC genuinely had lesser money than the minimum threshold (it had CAD 11,700 instead of 12,400) because the money was moved from the account i submitted to the CIC to another account in my name.

Now, it has taken nearly 7 months with my new profile, I have the ITA and am just working on the Letter of Explanation that I'm attaching with my new profile.

I am explaining why the money was transferred, and I am explaining that since then, my account has had more than the minimum threshold- maintained over the last 7 months.

Any advise on the LOE, guys?

TIA
I think the LOE suffices. You can include the bank statements of the bank some of the funds was transferred to for the 7months period.
I wish you good luck this time around.

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Hi

After waiting for 3 months, today I got the notification that my application was rejected.

Here are the details:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker.
I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 76(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) states that for the
purpose of determining whether a skilled worker, as a member of the federal skilled worker class, will be
able to become economically established in Canada, the skilled worker must:
(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other
obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in
respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members.
I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement under paragraph i) because you have not submitted
sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have at least $12,300 in the form of transferable and available
funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations.

The amount of funds is assessed according to the applicant’s family size, using 50% of the current Low-
Income Cut-off (LICO) from Statistics Canada for urban areas with populations of 500,000 or more. In

your application you have declared an available amount of $12,400 in settlement funds. I have reviewed
all information available and I am not satisfied that you have at your disposal, with sufficient liquidity, and
with the ability to transfer those assets, the necessary threshold of funds to support your establishment in
Canada on arrival. You have submitted evidence for funds in the amount of $11,672, assessed as per IRPR
subsection 76(1)(b)(i), in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other
obligations. You therefore have not satisfied me that you will be able to become economically established
in Canada as a member of the federal skilled worker class as per R76(1)(b).
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national must,
before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations.
The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign
national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless
otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

In addition, according to section 11.2 of the IRPA:
An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent
residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an
application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their
application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under
paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked
under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation.
Section 11.2 of the IRPA requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your
eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)), as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were
ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for
permanent residence is received.
As I have found that you no longer meet the minimum criteria to be eligible to be invited to apply set out
in an instruction given under 10.3(1)(e), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of the Act. I
am therefore refusing your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid.
The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present
application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention
guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be returned
to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and would
need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website, as you are no longer an Express
Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from any
private job board websites, if you used any.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your
competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your
language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must still meet minimum requirements to
enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will that you will be issued another invitation
to apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry.
Sincerely,

What can I do now? Can I appeal? Should I reapply? The amount had dipped because of a colossal stupidity from my side (my father, in all his stupid wisdom of saving money transferred about 1500$ to a higher interest saving account)

Please advise. This is fairly earth shattering for me.

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Once rejected its difficult to accept again even if you have double money now...You give your ITA to someone else..

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
boss.. let me get this straight to each nd every person in this forum.. NO authority in this world can access your bank account apart from you... Leave immigration apart.. Its illegal in any country. They go by the documents you have submitted. They might recheck it again, by issuing ADR , but will never ever ask bank directly, rather they cannot and no bank will release such info...

So there is more to your rejection then you think it is

reismeis

Apr 24, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2018
Yes, please can other people confirm that they are not gonna check our bank accounts? Kinda scary, lol!

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I got the ITA and when I sent my application after that, and in fact up until a month ago I had the balance. It was a very foolish lapse on my part to have had not been more cognizant of my account balance, which I don't even touch normally so that the balance does'nt dip.
This bloody sucks :( I'm sad and anxious now

Anyway,
I am writing an appeal. There's a 70% chance that it'll get rejected, but I'm writing it anyway.
(Please read and let me know if I should make any changes to it or add something.)
It'll basically say that I transferred the money from my savings account which earns low interest to my own PPF account, a government allotted and tax exempt account which gives a higher rate of interest than the savings account which was supposed to have the amount originally.

I will attach my PPF details and correspond the dates with a statement from my original Savings account to show that the money was transferred from one of my accounts to another, both of them being liquid and available.
In the meantime, I have also had funds transferred to my savings account, which now has more than the required CAD 12,400, and I will attach proof of that along with the acknowledgement from my bank manager. I will request them to reconsider based on these documents and this explanation.

Should I add anything or modify my appeal in any way?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Again, thanks for replying guys.
I'm Just curious why you want to appeal? According to what you said and what Officer stated you didn't show enough funds. It was your mistake not the officer. You can appeal only if you have strong proof that the officer made a mistake if you don't have it than appeal is just a waste of time.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Have you checked the exchange rates? After we applied exchange rate went up and the difference was about 500 usd for a while then it went back down

Reactions: PawanKapoor89

nais

Dec 3, 2017
boss.. let me get this straight to each nd every person in this forum.. NO authority in this world can access your bank account apart from you... Leave immigration apart.. Its illegal in any country. They go by the documents you have submitted. They might recheck it again, by issuing ADR , but will never ever ask bank directly, rather they cannot and no bank will release such info...

So there is more to your rejection then you think it is
Sorry that is not true for every country. I am from Bangladesh and it is very common in our country. Immigration officers from UK, USA, Australia, Canada and other visa required countries always call our banks to check the available balance of the applicants. Be it student visa, visit visa or even pr visa. Bank officer confirms the balance then the visa officer aproves the visa.

fazilasadiq

Dec 30, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
those who are saying bank does not release this info i think should read the original post, the officer knew exactly the amount he had in his account. They definitely have the authority to check whatever they want and banks do give this information to visa offices.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
No - they don't and can't.
(https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cic-access-bank-account.339965/)

Unless privacy laws for bank accounts changed globally in the last few years, I trust this response from @scylla :)

Now I don't know about banks in specific countries (e.g. Bangladesh), but with the strict privacy laws in for example Europe, there's no way CIC can just go around requesting information like that. At least for my country (I checked) it would require either explicit consent of the account holder, or a court order.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
those who are saying bank does not release this info i think should read the original post, the officer knew exactly the amount he had in his account. They definitely have the authority to check whatever they want and banks do give this information to visa offices.
If you read the whole post carefully, it is obvious that there are some gaps in the explanation provided.