+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application being processed in Vancouver Local Visa Office.

georgy2030

Aug 5, 2019
What I Understood so far is I think they forward those applications to Vancouver who do have spouse accompanying. I got review required on my marriage certificate on 23 December 2019 but on 3rd Jan everything got passed. Vancouver visa office doesn't process applications. They just finalize the applications and reason for delay is due to backlogs of so many applications. Most probably the applications which are in Vancouver Local Visa office get Landing Interview instead of PPR. I think they will send Landing Interview Request or PPR in Bulk.
Hope so.

georgy2030

Aug 5, 2019
Looks like its just not me in the same situation. Agent says everything passed on 8th January 2020 at Edmonton office and was forwarded to Vancouver office to issue final approval. However I haven't heard back from them ever since. Ordered GCMS and it shows passed for everything.
Was wondering if there is something with Vancouver office as I don't see many applications being processed at Vancouver. May be because I got married and added spouse in between even though she not accompanying me to Canada(USA green card holder).
AOR july 30, CEC.
Today, I received a request for Landing interview. Hope everyone gets a response soon.

georgy2030

Aug 5, 2019
No, I live in Ontario and the interview is at Etobicoke office. Just that the application was forwarded to the Vancouver office for final approval.

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
AOR - June 10th 2019. Ordered GCMS notes in November but didn't receive yet.

My application has been transferred from Montreal to Vancouver office on Jan 16th 2020. My medicals were extended to Jan 21st 2021.
Anyone who is aware of similar situation? Why would they transfer my application after holding it for 7 months in Montreal? I'm a little panicked now.

Last edited:

Gom3011

Feb 14, 2020
Anyone here waiting for PR confirmation for more than 6 months?

AOR Dec 4th, 2018
medical passed: Jan 15, 2018
File transferred from Montreal to Vancouver on May 7, 2019

Ralph's update:
Eligibility is under review.
Criminality is in progress.
Security checks have not been initiated.
Hey so what was the last update on your file? Learned it front he agent that my file got transferred from Montreal to Vancouver about a month back! Still no updates

Gom3011

Feb 14, 2020
AOR - May 2 2019 FSW-Inland
Application Moved from Montreal to Vancouver.
Ordered GCMS notes on Oct1 and got to see that my Eligibility is recommended Pass and Criminality is in progress and security hasnt started.

This is the status.
Hey so what was your decision? When did you receive you PPR

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
I called IRCC last week. The agent who talked to me was one of the most helpful ones I talked. She told me that processing times vary by VO and even though I am past 6 months, she said she cant send a message to the VO in Vancouver because their internal timeline is March 2 (that is close to 300 days from my AOR). So its just a waiting game.
Hello @frostmill, I spoke with an agent last month and he did mention 'MARCH 1st' date. He found that on my file and said application might be processed by then or might go longer, it depends.
I called an agent yesterday and he said that 'March 1st' date doesn't really matter to me, it's an internal note made by the officer.
Any clue what's with these March dates??

carmencarmen007

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Has anyone received any update yet? I called and learnt that my case was approved by VO Vancouver on February 1 and up until today I still haven’t received ppr yet.

guri11sng

Dec 30, 2019
Has anyone received any update yet? I called and learnt that my case was approved by VO Vancouver on February 1 and up until today I still haven’t received ppr yet.
Hi Carmen

My application was approved on 3rd Jan 2020 and until now no updates. I haven't receieved
My application got approved on 3rd January and until now no update.
What's your AOR

carmencarmen007

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi Carmen

My application was approved on 3rd Jan 2020 and until now no updates. I haven't receieved

What's your AOR
Hi Carmen

What's your AOR
Hello, my AOR is March 27 2019. The last time I called they told me my case has been handed to CPC Ottawa and they should be sending out ppr emails. I was also told that the ppr email was ready but just needed the CPC to close the case and send out the email. Do you know if your case has been transferred to the CPC yet?

guri11sng

Dec 30, 2019
It got transferred from CPC Edmonton to Vancouver Local Visa office on 23 December 2019 On 3rd January it got approved. I got ghost update and I called cic agent and they told file got approved.
Are you inland or outland applicant ?

carmencarmen007

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
It got transferred from CPC Edmonton to Vancouver Local Visa office on 23 December 2019 On 3rd January it got approved. I got ghost update and I called cic agent and they told file got approved.
Are you inland or outland applicant ?
Outland based in the US. Have you called them recently? They told me that the case was processed and approved in Vancouver but a case processing center still needs to close the case and send out ppr. And there’s no estimate when that would be. :(