+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application being processed in Vancouver Local Visa Office.

Faresyousyas

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Aor july 29th
Everything passed since November 18th .
CEC inland 4 dependants .
File transferred from Edmonton to Vancouver VO .
Called IRCC this week the agent confirmed that i passed all stages and told me that it was transferred due to overload...and that i should recieve a landing interview soon .
Nearly 5 months of waiting time .
What i dont understand what are they waiting to issue the letter if my application is complete ????

guri11sng

Dec 30, 2019
Hi
My aor is 24 august 2019
CEC inland family of 2
Spouse currently on SOWP
I called cic on 9th december they said background started and eligibility recommended passed
on 23 and 24 december i got 2 ghost updates
i called cic again today they said Eligibility is Review Required and visa office transferred from Edmonton to Vancouver.
Is it normal or there is something they need to review more.
I am having very simple file with Canadian Masters Degree and 1 year of Work Experience and 26 years age. No travel history. For spouse I claimed points only for IELTS. Spouse is currently in canada too.
CIC agent said he cant see anything on the file which is concerning.
Can somebody help me with their comments.
Thanks

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
Hi
My aor is 24 august 2019
CEC inland family of 2
Spouse currently on SOWP
I called cic on 9th december they said background started and eligibility recommended passed
on 23 and 24 december i got 2 ghost updates
i called cic again today they said Eligibility is Review Required and visa office transferred from Edmonton to Vancouver.
Is it normal or there is something they need to review more.
I am having very simple file with Canadian Masters Degree and 1 year of Work Experience and 26 years age. No travel history. For spouse I claimed points only for IELTS. Spouse is currently in canada too.
CIC agent said he cant see anything on the file which is concerning.
Can somebody help me with their comments.
Thanks
I will suggest you order GCMS notes to know why it went to RR. I also have Edmonton as my VO. I had recommended pass for more than a year and after a ghost update, it changed to RR. You can ask the call center agent why it changed. I ordered GCMS notes and there was no reason but I could see last year that the case analyst mentioned that he couldn't verify my employers website online but still recommended pass. I proactively sent documents to prove that the company exists.

guri11sng

Dec 30, 2019
I will suggest you order GCMS notes to know why it went to RR. I also have Edmonton as my VO. I had recommended pass for more than a year and after a ghost update, it changed to RR. You can ask the call center agent why it changed. I ordered GCMS notes and there was no reason but I could see last year that the case analyst mentioned that he couldn't verify my employers website online but still recommended pass. I proactively sent documents to prove that the company exists.

Hi Mesh
Thanks for the reply. I called cic today. Eligibility is passed now. Security is only left. Hopefully I will get PPR soon

Reactions: Mesh2003

Faresyousyas

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Aor july 29th
Called IRCC this week the agent confirmed that i passed all stages and told me that it was transferred due to overload...and that i should recieve a landing interview soon .
Nearly 5 months and a half of waiting time .
What i dont understand what are they waiting to issue the letter if my application is complete ????

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
The weirdest thing happened to me this week.
As usual, I logged in to check my status and there there was no update. The application was still in Submitted state with no new information. This was on the 6th in the morning. Then the next day I realized that I had received an email from Landing Enquiries stating that an appointment has been scheduled for me to visit the Vancouver IRCC office for an interview. At first thought, I contemplated if that was a spam email since the application on the portal was still in the submitted state. I called IRCC and asked the agent an the status, she sounded like she had no idea what I was talking about. Then I read out the email and the accompanying Apploinment letter and she mentioned that it was legit and that I should attend the interview.

My next question to her, how do I change the appointment date since my family is not in town, her response "I don't know. If you can give me some time I can check on how this is done" at this point I had already spent 30 minutes waiting and holding without much traction. I went through the phone IVR system and all it mentioned is that send an email to XYZ email address and we will get back to you. Anyone here has had to reschedule their appointment? Can you share the process?

Thanks all

guri11sng

Dec 30, 2019
Aor july 29th
Nearly 5 months of waiting time .

Hi Fares
I am in the same boat
I called cic on 3rd january everything passed. File transferred from Edmonton VO to Vancouver VO. Since then , I haven't received any document or landing interview email. I called cic few times. They said everything is passed but file is in 6 months timeline we can't do anything. My AOR is 24 August. CEC applicant. Family of 2. Did you got any update on your application ?

Reactions: Faresyousyas

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Hi Fares
I am in the same boat
I called cic on 3rd january everything passed. File transferred from Edmonton VO to Vancouver VO. Since then , I haven't received any document or landing interview email. I called cic few times. They said everything is passed but file is in 6 months timeline we can't do anything. My AOR is 24 August. CEC applicant. Family of 2. Did you got any update on your application ?
Can you explain what does 6 months timeline means!

guri11sng

Dec 30, 2019
Can you explain what does 6 months timeline means![/QUOT

6 months timeline means that when you open your profile it shows the deadline of the application which is 6 months. The deadline of my application is on 24 feb 2020 so cic agent said we can't escalate the case to visa office as its still in normal processing time.

Faresyousyas

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hi Fares
I am in the same boat
No updates yet what abiut you ?

guri11sng

Dec 30, 2019
No updates yet what abiut you ?
No Fares
I haven't received any updates yet. I called cic few times they say final decision has been made you will receive documents anytime but nothing came up. Vancouver VO is very slow. I don't know why they don't issue PPR when file is already approved. I think they will issue PPR for everyone on same day as one of the cic agent told me they will make stack of approved applications and then issue PPR together. Hopefully we will get PPR soon. Keep me updated if you received something.

guri11sng

Dec 30, 2019
"So even if the application is approved, they can't issue the ppr" ---> it doesn't make sense. What are they going to do if they can't issue the ppr for approved applications?
Yes this seems correct. My application got approved on 3rd January and haven't received PPR or landing interview email.

georgy2030

Aug 5, 2019
Looks like its just not me in the same situation. Agent says everything passed on 8th January 2020 at Edmonton office and was forwarded to Vancouver office to issue final approval. However I haven't heard back from them ever since. Ordered GCMS and it shows passed for everything.
Was wondering if there is something with Vancouver office as I don't see many applications being processed at Vancouver. May be because I got married and added spouse in between even though she not accompanying me to Canada(USA green card holder).
AOR july 30, CEC.

guri11sng

Dec 30, 2019
Looks like its just not me in the same situation. Agent says everything passed on 8th January 2020 at Edmonton office and was forwarded to Vancouver office to issue final approval. However I haven't heard back from them ever since. Ordered GCMS and it shows passed for everything.
Was wondering if there is something with Vancouver office as I don't see many applications being processed at Vancouver. May be because I got married and added spouse in between even though she not accompanying me to Canada(USA green card holder).
AOR july 30, CEC.
What I Understood so far is I think they forward those applications to Vancouver who do have spouse accompanying. I got review required on my marriage certificate on 23 December 2019 but on 3rd Jan everything got passed. Vancouver visa office doesn't process applications. They just finalize the applications and reason for delay is due to backlogs of so many applications. Most probably the applications which are in Vancouver Local Visa office get Landing Interview instead of PPR. I think they will send Landing Interview Request or PPR in Bulk.

Reactions: georgy2030