+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

sarahdrafting

Jan 9, 2020
Thank you for your reply Mr.nobody.

Yes, my eligibility was passed in Feb 2019

Happy to hear that you are safe and sound. May their souls rest in peace and hopefully may time heal our deep sorrow and grief.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

randomizer

May 2, 2019
AOR Received.
28-04-2019
Hello people,

Nomination Inland,
AOR: 27 Apr 2019,
Med Pass: 1June 2019,
Ghost Update: 5 Dec 2019,

Called once to CIC on Nov 28 2019, and eligibility is said to be passed and my application is in background check.

Any idea what I should do now?! it's almost 9 months! My friends with CEC got their pr just a few weeks ago :(

Please help what I should do next or what to expect next.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello people,

Nomination Inland,
AOR: 27 Apr 2019,
Med Pass: 1June 2019,
Ghost Update: 5 Dec 2019,

Called once to CIC on Nov 28 2019, and eligibility is said to be passed and my application is in background check.

Any idea what I should do now?! it's almost 9 months! My friends with CEC got their pr just a few weeks ago :(

Please help what I should do next or what to expect next.
Hello,
Do you know what was the ghost update for? I think it is probably for your criminality.

Have you received any ADR? Many Persians go through enhanced SS, and there is a high chance you are in the same situation as well. If that is the case, there is not much you can do, other than waiting.

If you want to have peace of mind, don't compare your case with others. Especially, if your friends are Persians, tell them they are damn lucky :D
Not many Persians manage to get PR soon due to enhanced SS. You can check these forums and you can see how many CEC applicants were waiting for several months.

You asked what to do: Have you ever ordered GCMS notes? if not, order it at least once. It gives you more info about your application. For more info, you can read the links in my signature

Reactions: randomizer

randomizer

May 2, 2019
AOR Received.
28-04-2019
Hello,
Do you know what was the ghost update for? I think it is probably for your criminality.

Have you received any ADR? Many Persians go through enhanced SS, and there is a high chance you are in the same situation as well. If that is the case, there is not much you can do, other than waiting.

If you want to have peace of mind, don't compare your case with others. Especially, if your friends are Persians, tell them they are damn lucky :D
Not many Persians manage to get PR soon due to enhanced SS. You can check these forums and you can see how many CEC applicants were waiting for several months.

You asked what to do: Have you ever ordered GCMS notes? if not, order it at least once. It gives you more info about your application. For more info, you can read the links in my signature
Thank you for your reply,

Actually, I was not asked for any ADR.

The ghost update was just on the link where I choose my "permanent residency application" on the home page of my profile it was "updated" and then turn back to "submitted".

I did not attend military service nor any government-related jobs.

I have not ordered GCMS yet, I think I may put a request for it. But again, it's coming to 9 months :|

I guess waiting is the solution at this moment.

My concern is what is going on at the backend?! Why is it taking them so long!?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you for your reply,

Actually, I was not asked for any ADR.

The ghost update was just on the link where I choose my "permanent residency application" on the home page of my profile it was "updated" and then turn back to "submitted".

I did not attend military service nor any government-related jobs.

I have not ordered GCMS yet, I think I may put a request for it. But again, it's coming to 9 months :|

I guess waiting is the solution at this moment.

My concern is what is going on at the backend?! Why is it taking them so long!?
Yes, I know about the ghost update, but do you know what was the reason behind it?Most probably it was your criminality.

Trust me, 9 months is not long for Persian applicants. There are many Persians who are waiting for more than a year without receiving PR. Be patient, but at the same time try to learn more about your application.

In my opinion, ordering notes (at least once) is a must. GCMS is the only way you will learn what is going on with your application precisely. At least call them and ask about that ghost update. Given your timeline, there is a chance that you passed security and your PPR is around the corner.

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Yes, I know about the ghost update, but do you know what was the reason behind it?Most probably it was your criminality.

Trust me, 9 months is not long for Persian applicants. There are many Persians who are waiting for more than a year without receiving PR. Be patient, but at the same time try to learn more about your application.

In my opinion, ordering notes (at least once) is a must. GCMS is the only way you will learn what is going on with your application precisely. At least call them and ask about that ghost update. Given your timeline, there is a chance that you passed security and your PPR is around the corner.
Hi Mr. Nobody

After ADR and after receiving 4 ghost update, my brother still has not received his PPR.
2 months passed after his ADR.

:(:(:(

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi Mr. Nobody

After ADR and after receiving 4 ghost update, my brother still has not received his PPR.
2 months passed after his ADR.

:(:(:(
Hello,

After, each ADR, you will receive a ghost update, which means that they checked your additional document. So, 4 ghost updates may not be that informative. Can you tell me the exact dates of ADRs and ghost updates?

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hello,

After, each ADR, you will receive a ghost update, which means that they checked your additional document. So, 4 ghost updates may not be that informative. Can you tell me the exact dates of ADRs and ghost updates?
Hi
He received ADR on 14 Nov. And after that he he uploaded his documents on 19 Nov.
After that within 1 week he received 4 ghost update, because they asked him for 4 documents.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi
He received ADR on 14 Nov. And after that he he uploaded his documents on 19 Nov.
After that within 1 week he received 4 ghost update, because they asked him for 4 documents.
So then as you said there was one ghost for each ADR. Your brothers case is under SS.
Unfortunately, there is nothing to do for SS other than waiting.

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Dear all,

How old the GCMS notes are when we receive them?
After 4 months of AOR, my GCMS notes shows, eligibility and SS not started and criminality in progress. I think it will take ages to be processed. I am disappointed!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear all,

How old the GCMS notes are when we receive them?
After 4 months of AOR, my GCMS notes shows, eligibility and SS not started and criminality in progress. I think it will take ages to be processed. I am disappointed!
It is weird that your eligibility hasn't started yet. Go to end of the file, and check the Notes section. Check what case analyst reported from your documents.

bruce2011

Dec 7, 2018
Hey guys,

I have applied for EE and had a PR application for almost a year. I currently live inside Canada and would like to travel to my home country so I will need a travel visa.Since I have applied for a new passport through Daftar Office in Washington DC and mailed my current passport ( to get a new one), I will only have access to the information of my old passport.

So, I'm just wondering if it would be wise to apply for the TRV (travel resident visa) using the information of my unavailable passport and then after the passport request, I will send both of my passports ( the new one mailed back to me from Washington DC and the old one).

In other words, will I encounter any problem or refusal if I send a new passport (with new information) while I would have already applied with an old passport?

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Very hearty congratulations. In thse moments of sadness and sorrow, your news is giving me such a great pleasure and happiness to keep going.
Enjoy these calm moments. You deserve some rest :)))
Thank you so much. Yeah after such tragedy, I really didn't know if I should be happy or sad. But thanks for all the help and support during this very long journey. Still some steps to go, but I think the mysterious stage is over. :)