+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Thank you for your good info. I live and work in Canada, and do not have Canadian PR yet. Nevertheless, my case is under processing. Have you ever heard somebody like my conditions could get US B2 visa for going to a conference or so?
Hi Amy, I am sorry but I have not heard a similar case, but I have heard of one person with pr who recently got visa in 2 months for attending a conference.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hello for meducal either of the following two options happen:
1- Automatically at the expiry date, they will extend it
2- They will not reassess it until the last step. So, after your eligibility, criminality, and security is passed, in the final review, they will review your meical and will either extend it for one more year, or send you to do the remed. In that case, remed is actually a good sign and showing that everything is almost done!
Thanks from your reply.
I just noticed a ghost update on my profile which the medical status has changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.", does it mean it's been extended?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks from your reply.
I just noticed a ghost update on my profile which the medical status has changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.", does it mean it's been extended?
It is hard to say. There is a small chance that it happened during the final review.
So, wait for a couple of weeks. If it was part of your final review, you will receive ppr in a couple of week. If not, ghost was because of the automatic extension.

Reactions: Shadima

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Dear friends,

It has been 68 days from the date of my AOR. On 24th of October, my medical was passed and they asked for an additional document (IELTS) and in the following day, I submitted my IELTS certificate. After that, I did not receive any message, and my profile looks like this:
Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • October 24, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My question: What does that mean? It seems they have not started checking the additional documents yet. I am wondering if any of you know which step I am in? SS? or not yet?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear friends,

It has been 68 days from the date of my AOR. On 24th of October, my medical was passed and they asked for an additional document (IELTS) and in the following day, I submitted my IELTS certificate. After that, I did not receive any message, and my profile looks like this:
Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • October 24, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My question: What does that mean? It seems they have not started checking the additional documents yet. I am wondering if any of you know which step I am in? SS? or not yet?
Hello,

Unfortuantely the profile status does not give any information about your status.
Given that it is not a long time since you applied, you are either waiting for R10 completeness check, or eligibility.
For more info about these things, see the links that I shared in my signature.

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hello,

Unfortuantely the profile status does not give any information about your status.
Given that it is not a long time since you applied, you are either waiting for R10 completeness check, or eligibility.
For more info about these things, see the links that I shared in my signature.
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have heard that the processing may take longer if we have lived in several countries. I have lived in 7 countries in the past 10 years. Is it true that my background check may take very much longer than usual?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have heard that the processing may take longer if we have lived in several countries. I have lived in 7 countries in the past 10 years. Is it true that my background check may take very much longer than usual?
It could make it harder. One of the conditions of the permanent residence is that you make the officer believe you are gonna stay in Canada for a long time. But, for your case, it is hard to believe that.
In addition, it coule make the security and criminality check more complicated, especially if you lived in those countries for a long time, you have to provide police certificates for each of them.
On the other hand, living in some of the countires could make things easier in a sense that if they already did security check for you and they are the countries who share info with Canada, Canada can get more info about you and can clear your security much faster. It depends on the countries that you lived and the reason you lived there and the reason you left

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
It could make it harder. One of the conditions of the permanent residence is that you make the officer believe you are gonna stay in Canada for a long time. But, for your case, it is hard to believe that.
In addition, it coule make the security and criminality check more complicated, especially if you lived in those countries for a long time, you have to provide police certificates for each of them.
On the other hand, living in some of the countires could make things easier in a sense that if they already did security check for you and they are the countries who share info with Canada, Canada can get more info about you and can clear your security much faster. It depends on the countries that you lived and the reason you lived there and the reason you left

Thank you again. I appreciate your patience and hard work to reply to many people. It is indeed kind of you. I have lived in the Scandinavian countries plus two other European countries and USA. All reasons for moving were either education or work. I hope it does not make my case slower!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you again. I appreciate your patience and hard work to reply to many people. It is indeed kind of you. I have lived in the Scandinavian countries plus two other European countries and USA. All reasons for moving were either education or work. I hope it does not make my case slower!
I think living in the US helps. If you have seen in terms and conditions of PR when you click on the final submit, it will tell you that Canada will share these info with some of the countries. Having said that, you might get your security done faster as they already have enough info to trust you

Reactions: earlybird2019

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Well any sign is a good sign. It shows that they are at least working on your brothers case.
One of the ghost updates were probably for the time that the office checked the additional document. I am thinking that maybe the officer was satisfied with your ADR and didn't send your case to enhanced SS and the second ghost might be the final review. If that is the case, you should receive ppr soon. Cross your finger!
Hi

Although his medical passed on 19 June 2019, yesterday his profile was updated and it was written at the bottom of his profile that "review of medical reresults-19 June 2019, you passed the medical exam" what does it mean??

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi

Although his medical passed on 19 June 2019, yesterday his profile was updated and it was written at the bottom of his profile that "review of medical reresults-19 June 2019, you passed the medical exam" what does it mean??
I am not sure. I am really confused what is happening, especially I keep forgetting all the dates regarding your brothers application.
I think the easiest thing that you can do is to contact them and specifically ask them what was that update about. Also, specifically ask about the last status of your eligibility, criminality, and security

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
Dear Friends,

Just to give an update, I received my Passport and COPR documents today. It took almost 22 days from the day I posted my documents to Canada until I received them back. I updated my signature based on the updated info in my application profile. I just wanted to thank you all again for your help and support. Special thanks goes to Mr_Nobody :D I appreciate your patience in answering all our questions.
I wish everyone a quick and smooth PPR ;)

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Hi

Both are the same thing. Every now and then, they upgrade the language/appearance of online account like adding the progress bar, etc.