+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Hello,
I just read your conversation with @Mr_nobody and it made me more disappointed in this process. Your second SS has been initiated in May 2019 and you don’t expect to hear from them till early 2020, really???? But why? o_O:confused: I’ve passed 8 months this week and cannot imagine that I may need to wait 6 months more! :(
Hi, I empathize with you that this is so disappointing, but on the other hand, they might just reinitiate the process for @Ken_89 so it can be taken out of standstill. I am just trying to think positively, but no one really knows what is going on there.

fahmoh

Sep 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
It seems CV requests are good indicators of the overall progress. I wish everyone who received CV requests AND got ppr or interview could share their timeline so that others could have a good estimate. Some of my friends in GTA are getting CV requests and have no idea how long it would take ...

I noticed a user received a CV request on
March 20, 2019 and got the interview on Aug 19th. (5 months)

Another user received a CV&military request on
Oct 15th 2018 and got the interview on march 5th 2019 (6 months)

Another user received a CV request on
Jan 4th 2019 and got the interview on march 10th 2019 (2 months)

Dec 12th 2018 and got the interview on march 6th 2019 (4 months)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken_89 and Sahba_e

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
It seems CV requests are good indicators of the overall progress. I wish everyone who received CV requests AND got ppr or interview could share their timeline so that others could have a good estimate. Some of my friends in GTA are getting CV requests and have no idea how long it would take ...

I noticed a user received a CV request on
March 20, 2019 and got the interview on Aug 19th. (5 months)

Oct 15th 2018 and got the interview on march 5th 2019 (6 months)

Another user received a CV request on
Jan 4th 2019 and got the interview on march 10th 2019 (2 months)

Dec 12th 2018 and got the interview on march 6th 2019 (4 months)
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Actually, no! CV request is not a good sign. Usually CV request means that the applications has been sent for SS, which itself takes several months. So, the processing time for people who have CV request is at least 10--11 months. The only good point is that with the help of biometry, and info sharing with other countries, these days, SS won't take as long as what it used to take.

About timeline, Agha niki v porsesh?!!! Please put your timeline in your signature.
Since the day that I created this thread, I asked everyone to put their timeline in their signature. A lot of people came and go and 99% of them had CV request. So, if you are interested, you can look at the others pages and check people's timeline.

fahmoh

Sep 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you Mr_nobody. For sure depending on your field of study they may not ask for a CV and it may even take less than 6 months or so.

I did not say it is a good sign BUT it is a good INDICATOR. For those who stay in a limbo like me over 520 days requesting CV is a good indicator that some stages are completed and a new action has started (although GCMS and other reports help too). Now the question is how long it takes from receiving the "CV request"?

I went through all 114 pages of this topic and checked signature and profile of EVERY user from OUR nationality. Extracted the time difference between CV request and PPR/interview. You can read all samples above which can be at most 5 to 6 months after CV request to hopefully (gooshe sheitoon kar) come out of the limbo.

I also wrote my detailed timeline in my profile (section: about). I will also update my signature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken_89

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you Mr_nobody. For sure depending on your field of study they may not ask for a CV and it may even take less than 6 months or so.

I did not say it is a good sign BUT it is a good INDICATOR. For those who stay in a limbo like me over 520 days requesting CV is a good indicator that some stages are completed and a new action has started (although GCMS and other reports help too). Now the question is how long it takes from receiving the "CV request"?

I went through all 114 pages of this topic and checked signature and profile of EVERY user from OUR nationality. Extracted the time difference between CV request and PPR/interview. You can read all samples above which can be at most 5 to 6 months after CV request to hopefully (gooshe sheitoon kar) come out of the limbo.

I also wrote my detailed timeline in my profile (section: about). I will also update my signature.
Yeah, it shows that at least someone is working on it.
What was the reason behind this long wait from GCMS notes? Just security?
@Ken_89 also has been waiting for a long time. But for him/her, they started security, then cancelled it and started again after some time. By any chance, does the same thing happened to you?

Damn you went through all of them?!!! :D Had I knew you would go through all the posts, I would have asked you to record the name of all the applicants on this forum in a post so, the next person who wants info could look at their timelines by searching their names

fahmoh

Sep 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
Yeah, it shows that at least someone is working on it.
What was the reason behind this long wait from GCMS notes? Just security?
@Ken_89 also has been waiting for a long time. But for him/her, they started security, then cancelled it and started again after some time. By any chance, does the same thing happened to you?
I updated my signature. It is getting normal nowadays as I heard from others in GTA and the same field of study in engineering. Some other friends got CV requests around 1 year after AOR.

I can still to extract users if that is useful :) I only chose the ones with CV request dates. Otherwise there are many more. Not everyone shared every stage :| and some had private profiles e.g. @Ken_89

Last edited:

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
@Mr_nobody ,

I landed last Monday and linked my PR Card application to my account. Today I saw a ghost update, but nothing was there... When I get the card dispatched do I receive any messages? when the PR application card application gets approved do I see the PR application approved also? I guess the process is different from yours as I received a landing interview email and not a PPR. Because with PPR you send your passport and your application gets approved when they stamp a visa. Mine did not include any visa and therefore my PR application doesn't show approved yet.

Thanks

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
I updated my signature. It is getting normal nowadays as I heard from others in GTA and the same field of study in engineering. Some other friends got CV requests around 1 year after AOR.

I can still to extract users if that is useful :) I only chose the ones with CV request dates. Otherwise there are many more. Not everyone shared every stage :| and some had private profiles e.g. @Ken_89
That's weird. Can't you see my signature below my posts? It shouldn't matter whether the profile is private or not because I can see the signature of those who have a private profile.
This is the link to my tracker page in case my signature doesn't show up: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/cases/case-78308

fahmoh

Sep 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
I extracted the time difference details between cv requests from profiles which was written in details of profiles including signatures.

It seems your application had some up and downs. But hopefully you will see the golden email soon. Based on the data I got from users, usually there is a time span between 2 to 5 months from the cv request to ppr.

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018

Hi and welcome, may I ask where is your visa office? Thanks

NacImmi

Jun 23, 2019
For UPS, don't you have to have your pr card with you next time that you want to enter?
Actually, you can give some friend's address and ask them to get your pr card and send it back to you or ask them to pick it up from your mailbox. But, I am not sure if you can leave the card in mailbox here and re-enter Canada next time on your co-pr. The PR visa on your passport is single entry and expires upon your landing.
Dear Mr_nobody,

Thanks for the reply and sorry that I am responding so late.

Yes, I am aware that I can enter Canada using copr and the visa i have right now only once and after that i will need to have the PR card. But UPS told me that they can mail the card for me anywhere in the world. So I am thinking to give the UPS address and if the card is not delivered while i am in Canada, I will ask UPS to send it to my current address.

Another question: If I leave Canada without receiving the card, will I still have all the same rights as a permanent resident who holds the actual PR card?

Thanks,

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018

Yeah, I don't know what is the best way to solve this problem. I think the best way probably is to ask everyone to create immitracker profile so everyone can follow. Otherwise, everyone a new person comes on this forum, he has to go hundreds of pages back to get some timeline. Do you have any idea other than immitracker?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Mr_nobody ,

I landed last Monday and linked my PR Card application to my account. Today I saw a ghost update, but nothing was there... When I get the card dispatched do I receive any messages? when the PR application card application gets approved do I see the PR application approved also? I guess the process is different from yours as I received a landing interview email and not a PPR. Because with PPR you send your passport and your application gets approved when they stamp a visa. Mine did not include any visa and therefore my PR application doesn't show approved yet.

Thanks
The ghost updates are usually good signs, except for the case that they ask for new photos (ADR). All in all the whole process usually takes 2-3 weeks. You are going to receive your Card soon. Th point is that after you did landing, you are technically PR of Canada. The card is just the document. Don't worry about it

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear Mr_nobody,

Thanks for the reply and sorry that I am responding so late.

Yes, I am aware that I can enter Canada using copr and the visa i have right now only once and after that i will need to have the PR card. But UPS told me that they can mail the card for me anywhere in the world. So I am thinking to give the UPS address and if the card is not delivered while i am in Canada, I will ask UPS to send it to my current address.

Another question: If I leave Canada without receiving the card, will I still have all the same rights as a permanent resident who holds the actual PR card?

Thanks,
1- Make sure about UPS. Double and triple check because I know that it is harder to sent stuff via mail to Iran (because of sanctions). For example, DHL last year used to check all the stuff that the person wanted to send and attach a document to it that it does not have any problem. Also, you had so sign a form and declare that the mail has nothing to do with sanctions and stuff. All in all, it may have extra steps and costs. Make sure about that.

If money is not an issue for you, stay more, get the card and then go back.

2- After you land, you will be considered as PR of Canada. The card is just a document for proof and for making things easy. It is the same as your ID card (karte melli). If you loose it, that does not mean that you are not Persian anymore.