+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
Hello friends,

Just a quick questions! It's already been 220 days since I submitted my online application (AOR) and based on my last GCMS notes, as of August 20th, my security screening has not started. Is it possible for a case to get the PPR email without being asked for any additional documents such as CV, given my current waiting time? Thanks a lot!!!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello friends,

Just a quick questions! It's already been 220 days since I submitted my online application (AOR) and based on my last GCMS notes, as of August 20th, my security screening has not started. Is it possible for a case to get the PPR email without being asked for any additional documents such as CV, given my current waiting time? Thanks a lot!!!
Yes it is very much possible. Was your security status "Not Started" or blank? How about Info Sharing?

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi,
I assume it would be faster, especially if you haven't done any military service in Iran. In my case, I've lived in Europe for last 7 years but still my application is going through the long security screening process (I think).

Thank you for your response. Thanks god that I did not have to do military service as a girl:)

Maybe it looks funny. But I heard that generally for girls can be faster than guys. I am sorry to say that. If it is like that, I personally believe it is unfair.

Best wishes for all of my dear countrymates!

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you for your response. Thanks god that I did not have to do military service as a girl:)

Maybe it looks funny. But I heard that generally for girls can be faster than guys. I am sorry to say that. If it is like that, I personally believe it is unfair.

Best wishes for all of my dear countrymates!
Yes it is sometimes faster for girls as they don't have to go to military in Iran.
I have seen many cases where the wife security is passed quickly but they have to wait for husband for several month as he has to go through SS.
The same thing happens for citizenship as well :D

Reactions: earlybird2019

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
AOR DEC 16th 2018
no update since medical.
order GCMS notes on Jun 19th but haven't received them yet.

Email Ralph Goodale once:
Eligibility is met
criminality is passed
security check started may 22nd

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
AOR DEC 16th 2018
no update since medical.
order GCMS notes on Jun 19th but haven't received them yet.

Email Ralph Goodale once:
Eligibility is met
criminality is passed
security check started may 22nd
Hello, can you put your timeline in your signature?

Did you order notes directly or from a third party? Either ways, there is a way to follow it up. Search on Canadavisa and you can find tons of info how to do that.

Anyways, from Ralph's response, you are under SS, so I am not sure if notes are useful for you anymore. all you need to do is waiting. It'll hopefully be over soon.

Reactions: mghicho

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hello, can you put your timeline in your signature?

Did you order notes directly or from a third party? Either ways, there is a way to follow it up. Search on Canadavisa and you can find tons of info how to do that.

Anyways, from Ralph's response, you are under SS, so I am not sure if notes are useful for you anymore. all you need to do is waiting. It'll hopefully be over soon.
I ordered myself as I'm inland using the Privacy Act(the free version)
I actually have followed up on the notes, I sent an email to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca on Aug 13th with the tracking number and asked for an update, there was an immediate auto replay that said emails about update request will be answered within 15 days but sill no answer. I emailed again yesterday and again same auto response.

So you're sure that security check is actually a security screening ha?
I guess I was trying to fool myself by thinking maybe it's a simpler kind. also because I was never asked for CV.
From your signature it seems like you were in SS for only about three months?
That's much shorter than the 7 month to one year timeline that a lot of people talk about when it comes to SS.
I've been in security check for about 3.5 month now.
what do you think of ordering CBSA notes?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I ordered myself as I'm inland using the Privacy Act(the free version)
I actually have followed up on the notes, I sent an email to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca on Aug 13th with the tracking number and asked for an update, there was an immediate auto replay that said emails about update request will be answered within 15 days but sill no answer. I emailed again yesterday and again same auto response.

So you're sure that security check is actually a security screening ha?
I guess I was trying to fool myself by thinking maybe it's a simpler kind. also because I was never asked for CV.
From your signature it seems like you were in SS for only about three months?
That's much shorter than the 7 month to one year timeline that a lot of people talk about when it comes to SS.
I've been in security check for about 3.5 month now.
what do you think of ordering CBSA notes?
The regular security check takes only a couple of days (at most). I am afraid it is SS that takes this long.
Yeah, I was among lucky ones. Other than me, there were a couple of other Persians whose SS was done pretty quickly. The good point is that, due to biometry, SS is done much faster than before.
CBSA notes is exactly the same as GCMS notes, except that it does not have any redaction. You can order that too.

Reactions: earlybird2019

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
The regular security check takes only a couple of days (at most). I am afraid it is SS that takes this long.
Yeah, I was among lucky ones. Other than me, there were a couple of other Persians whose SS was done pretty quickly. The good point is that, due to biometry, SS is done much faster than before.
CBSA notes is exactly the same as GCMS notes, except that it does not have any redaction. You can order that too.
Well I just ordered CBSA notes via the Access to Information Act.
We'll see.

Ramin_mj

Sep 12, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Based on my GCMS notes,
AOR:30/11/2018
Eligibility: Met
Criminality: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Security: Not Started

However, when I called the IRCC, they told me that the Security started in July. A couple of questions:

1. What is the average time for the security process for Iranians at this time?
2. Are they going to ask for additional documents (exp. Schedule A, CV,...) at this point that my eligibility is already met?
3. Does living in the USA help in faster processing of Security? since I had to provide FBI Police Clearance and I have already been background checked by the US before I get a visa.

Thanks in advance,

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Based on my GCMS notes,
AOR:30/11/2018
Eligibility: Met
Criminality: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Security: Not Started

However, when I called the IRCC, they told me that the Security started in July. A couple of questions:

1. What is the average time for the security process for Iranians at this time?
2. Are they going to ask for additional documents (exp. Schedule A, CV,...) at this point that my eligibility is already met?
3. Does living in the USA help in faster processing of Security? since I had to provide FBI Police Clearance and I have already been background checked by the US before I get a visa.

Thanks in advance,
1- Regular security screening takes only a couple of days. Enhanced SS takes at least 4-5 months.
2- Yes, they might ask for security.
3- Yes it helps but it is not a guarantee to speed up. I have seen cases with Green card who were sent for SS.