+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear all,

I have some positive news that I would like to share. My application was approved recently. You can see my timeline in my signature. The whole process took about 140 days. I hope you all hear good news soon.

Best,
Hello my friend
Very hearty congratulations! It is so enjoyable to hear there are still some applicants who can get their pr within the 6 month timeline. Good luck with your landing :)

PS: Thank you very much for sharing your timeline

Reactions: ms-nobody

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Guys, I received my CBSA notes and apparently there was a security screening which was started at November 2018 (when I received the first ADRs) and was cancelled in May 2019 and a second one was started at the same time (when I saw two ghost updates on my profile). I don't know why they cancelled the first one and also I don't know why they had to wait three months after the start of the second one to ask for new ADRs. At this rate when I actually pass the security I would be too old to pass the remedical lol.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Guys, I received my CBSA notes and apparently there was a security screening which was started at November 2018 (when I received the first ADRs) and was cancelled in May 2019 and a second one was started at the same time (when I saw two ghost updates on my profile). I don't know why they cancelled the first one and also I don't know why they had to wait three months after the start of the second one to ask for new ADRs. At this rate when I actually pass the security I would be too old to pass the remedical lol.
Very interesting and weird!!! What a mess!!! I agree with you. Why did they cancel and start it again?
Your SS was the same time as me. I also received ADR in Nov. 2018 and was sent to SS. If they hadn't cancelled your SS, it would have been finished by now.
If you were inland, I would recommend you to see your MP and see what the heck is going on. By the way, have you applied for CSIS notes? I think once you mentioned it, but I can't remember. If so, was there any interesting info in those notes?

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Very interesting and weird!!! What a mess!!! I agree with you. Why did they cancel and start it again?
Your SS was the same time as me. I also received ADR in Nov. 2018 and was sent to SS. If they hadn't cancelled your SS, it would have been finished by now.
If you were inland, I would recommend you to see your MP and see what the heck is going on. By the way, have you applied for CSIS notes? I think once you mentioned it, but I can't remember. If so, was there any interesting info in those notes?
Yeah I applied for CSIS notes and it just said my security screening is still in progress so my file is still with the CSIS.
There is an annex to the CD that they sent me which has a section called "Summary of Exemptions" and I guess it mentions the sections of the law that was used to exempt some parts of CBSA notes from being disclosed. Did you have something similar when you received your CBSA notes?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yeah I applied for CSIS notes and it just said my security screening is still in progress so my file is still with the CSIS.
There is an annex to the CD that they sent me which has a section called "Summary of Exemptions" and I guess it mentions the sections of the law that was used to exempt some parts of CBSA notes from being disclosed. Did you have something similar when you received your CBSA notes?
It is also weird, because I heard that CSIS is the one who does their job first and will send it to CBSA. Anyways, it is not something that anyone can change. You just need to wait and see what will happen.
Yes, they always send you the sections of the law that they used for redaction.They also do the same thing in regular GCMS notes. For GCMS notes, if you apply by yourself, in the email, they will send you the link to the sections that they redacted your info.
For instance, regarding s.15, s.16, etc. on top of the GCMS notes, you can see the laws here
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/p-21/page-4.html

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
It is also weird, because I heard that CSIS is the one who does their job first and will send it to CBSA. Anyways, it is not something that anyone can change. You just need to wait and see what will happen.
Yes, they always send you the sections of the law that they used for redaction.They also do the same thing in regular GCMS notes. For GCMS notes, if you apply by yourself, in the email, they will send you the link to the sections that they redacted your info.
For instance, regarding s.15, s.16, etc. on top of the GCMS notes, you can see the laws here
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/p-21/page-4.html
Thanks for the link. Yeah I just need to wait. I don't believe it would be over in the next few months because once the CSIS is done the CBSA would also need some time to work on the case. Not to mention the officer in Montreal who also needs some time to finalize the case. I'm still curious why they cancelled the first SS though. But I guess we'll never know.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the link. Yeah I just need to wait. I don't believe it would be over in the next few months because once the CSIS is done the CBSA would also need some time to work on the case. Not to mention the officer in Montreal who also needs some time to finalize the case. I'm still curious why they cancelled the first SS though. But I guess we'll never know.
Yeah, I agree and Montreal is not as fast as Ottawa or Sydney.
All in all, I am afraid that you won't get a response this year. Maybe sometime early in 2020. Plan accordingly
Hope this wait finishes soon.

Last edited:

NacImmi

Jun 23, 2019
Dear all,

I am planning to do soft landing in Toronto next month, stay there for two weeks and then leaave Canada until I come back to settle down. So, I do not have a Canadian permmenant address myself.

To recieve the PR card, can I give the address of a third party (like a friend or lawyer)? Is that still accepted? Has anybody recently done that?

I am also thinking about renting a UPS mailbox. Has anybody tried that before?

Thanks,

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear all,

I am planning to do soft landing in Toronto next month, stay there for two weeks and then leaave Canada until I come back to settle down. So, I do not have a Canadian permmenant address myself.

To recieve the PR card, can I give the address of a third party (like a friend or lawyer)? Is that still accepted? Has anybody recently done that?

I am also thinking about renting a UPS mailbox. Has anybody tried that before?

Thanks,
They only need address to send your PR card. So, yeah you can give someone else's address and ask them to send it to you.
Also, these days, pr card is processed much faster than before! I got in two weeks. So, if you be lucky enough you can get your PR card.
To have a sense of the processing time, you can check here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/track-your-pr-card-timeline-and-processing-times-here.394703/page-836

For your second question, no I haven't done that but I know you can rent a mailbox. I think even you can do in Canada post. Are you thinking of doing this for your pr card?

NacImmi

Jun 23, 2019
Dear Mr. Nobody,

Thanks for the reply and info. I check the processing times for PR card for newcomers very often. Last week it was 11 days but now it is 12 days. In any case, I hope I will receive my card while I am still in Canada.

Yes, I am thinking about renting a UPS mailbox so that i can use that address. It looks like i can set it up even from abroad.

Two more questions: I want to request urgent processing of my PR Card. In the link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html), it is mentioned that
---------------------------------------------------------------
To support your urgent request, include:
  • proof of travel that shows your destination and travel dates, such as:
    • your itinerary
    • a copy of your ticket
  • a copy of the receipt for your trip (a ticket receipt) with the:
    • date
    • amount paid
    • payment method
  • a letter explaining the reason for the urgency
  • proof of the urgency, such as a:
    • doctor’s note
    • death certificate
    • letter from your employer
------------------------------------------------------------
Question 1: Does anybodyd have advice on what I can do to increase the chances of having my urgent processing request approved?

Question 2: If I leave Canada without receiving the card, will I still have all the same rights as a permanent resident who holds the actual PR card?

Best,

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear Mr. Nobody,

Thanks for the reply and info. I check the processing times for PR card for newcomers very often. Last week it was 11 days but now it is 12 days. In any case, I hope I will receive my card while I am still in Canada.

Yes, I am thinking about renting a UPS mailbox so that i can use that address. It looks like i can set it up even from abroad.

Two more questions: I want to request urgent processing of my PR Card. In the link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html), it is mentioned that
---------------------------------------------------------------
To support your urgent request, include:
  • proof of travel that shows your destination and travel dates, such as:
    • your itinerary
    • a copy of your ticket
  • a copy of the receipt for your trip (a ticket receipt) with the:
    • date
    • amount paid
    • payment method
  • a letter explaining the reason for the urgency
  • proof of the urgency, such as a:
    • doctor’s note
    • death certificate
    • letter from your employer
------------------------------------------------------------
Question 1: Does anybodyd have advice on what I can do to increase the chances of having my urgent processing request approved?

Question 2: If I leave Canada without receiving the card, will I still have all the same rights as a permanent resident who holds the actual PR card?

Best,
For UPS, don't you have to have your pr card with you next time that you want to enter?
Actually, you can give some friend's address and ask them to get your pr card and send it back to you or ask them to pick it up from your mailbox. But, I am not sure if you can leave the card in mailbox here and re-enter Canada next time on your co-pr. The PR visa on your passport is single entry and expires upon your landing.

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah that seems reasonable. 2020 here we come.
Hello,
I just read your conversation with @Mr_nobody and it made me more disappointed in this process. Your second SS has been initiated in May 2019 and you don’t expect to hear from them till early 2020, really???? But why? o_O:confused: I’ve passed 8 months this week and cannot imagine that I may need to wait 6 months more! :(

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hello,
I just read your conversation with @Mr_nobody and it made me more disappointed in this process. Your second SS has been initiated in May 2019 and you don’t expect to hear from them till early 2020, really???? But why? o_O:confused: I’ve passed 8 months this week and cannot imagine that I may need to wait 6 months more! :(
Hi,
The reason I don't expect it this year is that the CSIS notes show that my case is still with them. But they might not send your case to the CSIS. So don't get disappointed. The truth is there is no way to predict the timeline once it goes to SS. The best approach is to just live your life as if you have not applied for PR. Otherwise it's gonna be a painful process.