+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello again,

Has anyone ever ordered GCMS notes from applygcms.com? If so, is it a legit organization? I don’t like to fill the consent form, it just doesn’t feel right to me :confused:o_O
There are different consent forms. For example, even if you have someone living in Canada, you can give them consent to order notes for you. You also need to have a consent from your spouse to have his/her information included in your notes. For example, see this:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf

Having said that, what does the consent form look like? Does it require suspicious information and permission? Personally, I never ordered from these websites, so I don't know which one is legit and which one is not.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello guys,

I have a question about photos for PR card! I got 2 photos in late January (7 months old). Is that okay or I should take new ones?
First of all, update your timeline, if you haven't
second, since you are inland and I assume your pics are taken in Canada, take new pics. Don't do roozeye shak dar. I am sure they stamped back of your photos with the date, and the date is more than 6 months old, so cic may send it back. It only costs 20$ more to get new one!

Reactions: earlybird2019

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
First of all, update your timeline, if you haven't
second, since you are inland and I assume your pics are taken in Canada, take new pics. Don't do roozeye shak dar. I am sure they stamped back of your photos with the date, and the date is more than 6 months old, so cic may send it back. It only costs 20$ more to get new one!
I updated my signature... That makes sense but just wanted to see if you guys know how picky they are about photos

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I updated my signature... That makes sense but just wanted to see if you guys know how picky they are about photos
TBH, there is a high chance that they don't bother you for just one month. However, based on the specification that they require, they can claim it is not within 6 months and reject it. It depends on the person who checks your pic. That is why I say why you risk it. For this PR, I am sure you spend thousands of dollars, 20$ more wouldn't have any effect!

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
TBH, there is a high chance that they don't bother you for just one month. However, based on the specification that they require, they can claim it is not within 6 months and reject it. It depends on the person who checks your pic. That is why I say why you risk it. For this PR, I am sure you spend thousands of dollars, 20$ more wouldn't have any effect!
I took new ones... BTW only $5 at Costco.

roghi

Aug 5, 2019
Sorry to hear that.
1- About the application, yes you have to have a color scan of the original document. I have heard other people get rejected because of this reason.
2- Did you apply recently? It seems that you were rejected at early stages, probably the completeness of application. In that case, since they had not stared reviewing your eligibility, they will refund you the money.
3- It takes a while for them to process the money. I am pretty sure it is a separate department who deals with the money. So, wait for a couple of more weeks. If you didn't hear, raise a CSE and ask them about it.
4- I know it is a sad situation, but can you put your timeline in your signature for future applicants.
Dear Mr.Nobody,
It is so sad news as I have reviewed everything and I was sure that my file is complete. Now I have doubt to go to the pool again as I think I might be rejected for such a small reason again.
I will write the unfortunate timeline in my signature as below:
AOR: 12 July 2019
Cancellation: 8 August 2019 (incomplete)
But I have one main concern that you might be able to answer it. Can I apply again with the previous Iran Police certificate as the original document expires in one month and it has been already expired? This is the biggest issue now.

roghi

Aug 5, 2019
Same happened to me once, you will be refunded in your original payment instruments in few days.
and answer to your question, "IT IS NOT ENOUGH", guideline is quite clear and you and I simply did a common mistake and did not abide to it, this is not weird at all and is not silly and in general having such attitude towards this long hectic process will only hurt you, this and many other things is part of this rigorous process that should be followed to the letter.
You might have other issues in your application that they have not reached to it as you rejected at R10 and basic of criminality check.
get back to the pool for nomination, use this time to triple check all your answer and documents and make sure it is in order as people in any nationality can get rejected even in late stage of process.
when is in doubt, refer to such forum or get professional (help meaning go through reputable agency.)
good luck!
Dear Ms.Nobody,
Could you please let me know how long did it take for you to be refunded?
Did you apply with the same Iran police certificate as it expires in one month?
Late rejection is always a matter of concern for me as I have been rejected once for tourist visa of Canda in the security check due to working in the Iranian Oil Companies which were under sanctions. Do you know any reputable agency that I can contact with them about this specific issue?
Regards,

roghi

Aug 5, 2019
Oh, I’m sorry to hear this.
I guess i was lucky
1. I read about someone being refused because of this and sent a webform with my original PCC scan immediately
2. I guess the officer assessing our application was a more relaxed officer

Anyhow, you will get your refund don’t worry and I hope you have more luck in future
Happy for your luck.

Reactions: Diana1313

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Dear Mr.Nobody,
It is so sad news as I have reviewed everything and I was sure that my file is complete. Now I have doubt to go to the pool again as I think I might be rejected for such a small reason again.
But I have one main concern that you might be able to answer it. Can I apply again with the previous Iran Police certificate as the original document expires in one month and it has been already expired? This is the biggest issue now.
Thanks for your reply.

In my opinion, if you live in Iran, it would be safer if you get a new one, translate it and scan the original paper in color and attach to the the translated one. But if you live abroad and haven't lived in Iran since 6 months ago, you do NOT need to get the new one. IRCC will accept it as far as you haven't lived in Iran since 6 months ago.

According to IRCC website:
"For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:
must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
must not be expired

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:
it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on."

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear Mr.Nobody,
Don't worry. Try to apply again. That was one small issue. I am sure this time you can prepare a better application.
Fortunately, they are gonna reimburse you.

For your question, I would recommend not to complicate things for yourself and simply get a new one.
Actually, if you are not currently in Iran and this PCC was provided less than 6 month ago and you haven't traveled back to Iran in that time, they may accept it [ @Shadima], but why do you want to do "roozeye shak dar". Get a new one and save yourself from all the headaches.
Dear Ms.Nobody,
Late rejection is always a matter of concern for me as I have been rejected once for tourist visa of Canda in the security check due to working in the Iranian Oil Companies which were under sanctions. Do you know any reputable agency that I can contact with them about this specific issue?
Regards,
How do you know that was the reason behind your rejection? Are you sure about that?

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Dear Ms.Nobody,
Late rejection is always a matter of concern for me as I have been rejected once for tourist visa of Canada in the security check due to working in the Iranian Oil Companies which were under sanctions. Do you know any reputable agency that I can contact with them about this specific issue?
Regards,
it took less than two weeks for me for the full refund and yes we used the same police certificates as we both were out of Iran and police certificate dates was in line with guidelines . if you are still in Iran i suggest to get the new one and have a fresh translation.

in regards to rejection for tourist visa, i say dont worry as criteria for obtaining a tourist visa is different, for tourist visa they need to make sure that you will leave Canada gracefully and many will rejected because they cant convince the officer and now you need to convince them that you are worthy of stay permanently.

Please notice that they have access to entire transcript and officer recommendation on your previous visa attempts and that will be dealt with as part of overall security screening. as @Mr_nobody mentioned, are you sure about the rejection reason is in regards to your place of employment? i highly doubt it unless you were not a normal employee and sort of famous aghazadeh , so I say dont worry about it, if they need more clarification they certainly ask from you and you can also draft a letter of explanation from beginning, talk about your duty, name your supervisor and people you supervised, etc. with current trends sooner or later everyone of us somehow will associated with some sort of sanction, so relax.

I don't know any agency and for sure I wont select those who advertise in between of Turkish TV series in Iran:)

I say dont be pessimistic, dont waste time and get back to the pool ASAP and work hard on sending quality documents and accurate info, when in doubt consult with forum or if you can afford, hire a good firm to take care of everything.

roghi

Aug 5, 2019
Don't worry. Try to apply again. That was one small issue. I am sure this time you can prepare a better application.
Fortunately, they are gonna reimburse you.

For your question, I would recommend not to complicate things for yourself and simply get a new one.
Actually, if you are not currently in Iran and this PCC was provided less than 6 month ago and you haven't traveled back to Iran in that time, they may accept it [ @Shadima], but why do you want to do "roozeye shak dar". Get a new one and save yourself from all the headaches.

How do you know that was the reason behind your rejection? Are you sure about that?
I have applied again and I think I will be invited in the next draw as my points are 480.
Getting a new police certificate of Iran is the biggest headache I had in my last application as our embassy in Oman didnot accept to process one and we had to travel to Iran and wait for around 1 month until the translated document is ready. Therefore, as most of the people said it is ok and it was done just 2 months ago and I did not travel to Iran meanwhile, I would rather to send the same.
Thanks for being here and your answer.

roghi

Aug 5, 2019
Dear Mr.Nobody and Ms.Nobody,
Regarding my tourist visa rejection which happened 5 years ago, I got an email from CIC that I have worked in a company which was under sanction and had knowledge of transferring Natural Gas, I will be rejected and I wrote a defense letter which did not work. However, I have requested for ATIP to find out the detailed info.
I was neither a famous person nor had an important role in the mentioned company. I was just working as part-time when I was MS student and funny thing is that my total payment for 1 full year was less than 500 USD!!!
I think as I have left Iran 5 years ago and did not have any research related to sanctions might convince the officer and I am hopeful. Let's see.