+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
Hi,

I just received my GCMS notes today and I have some questions that I was hoping you can help me with. Thank you in advance for your help!

To give some information about my case:
e-AOR Date: 2/2/2019 (FSW)
COR: US

My GCMS info:
Primary office: Centralized Intake Office
Secondary office: CPC-Ottawa
Eligibility: Met!
Medical: Passed!
Criminality: In progress!
Security: Not started!
Info Sharing: In progress!

1) Is there a difference between eligibility "passed" vs eligibility "met?!
2) It's been almost 200 days since my e-AOR. Based on what I've read in this forum, most applicants get stuck in SS phase rather than criminality check phase. So, is it normal for an application to get stuck in criminality phase for more than 6 months given that I've already submitted a police report from US?
3) Do all applicants go through the security screening phase? Or, is it possible that once the criminality is passed (and if you're lucky), security screening gets cancelled?
4) Do you happen to know what info sharing exactly means? As I understand it's a part of criminality check process which includes exchange of information between US and Canada!
5) What do you suggest to do at this point to get more information about my case? Are there any other types of notes to order? Or, is there an immigration office to contact and get more information? I already asked some questions via the immigration website forms and have received no helpful response.

Your time is much appreciated!!!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,

I just received my GCMS notes today and I have some questions that I was hoping you can help me with. Thank you in advance for your help!

My GCMS info:

2) It's been almost 200 days since my e-AOR. Based on what I've read in this forum, most applicants get stuck in SS phase rather than criminality check phase. So, is it normal for an application to get stuck in criminality phase for more than 6 months given that I've already submitted a police report from US?
3) Do all applicants go through the security screening phase? Or, is it possible that once the criminality is passed (and if you're lucky), security screening gets cancelled?
4) Do you happen to know what info sharing exactly means? As I understand it's a part of criminality check process which includes exchange of information between US and Canada!
5) What do you suggest to do at this point to get more information about my case? Are there any other types of notes to order? Or, is there an immigration office to contact and get more information? I already asked some questions via the immigration website forms and have received no helpful response.

Hello and welcome to the forum. please put your timeline in your signature

1) there are two stage for eligibility. At first, a case analyst checks your documents in details, searches online if necessary, and if everything is in order, sets your eligibility to "recommended pass" or "met". But, they don't have the authority to pass your eligibility. For that, an officer will look at the analyst's report and make the final decision whether set it to "passed" or not. You can find some of the analysts information in the Notes section of your GCMS notes.

2) Yes, sometimes people get stuck in criminality. For your case, it seems info sharing is taking long. Have you had any visa refusals in the past? especially from the US?

3) Yes, everyone goes through security. But, the level and the depth of it is different. For some people, it takes only a couple of days, but for others it may take several months.

4) Yes, it is exchanging info with other countries. When you sign your PR application, in the terms and conditions, you give them consent to share your info if necessary. It takes a long time for some people, especially if you have visa refusals.

5) Just check the notes section and read carefully what the analyst said about your case. If everything is fine, there is nothing much that you can do.

Sahba_e

Mar 10, 2019
Hi all,

Anybody got CV request on PNP application recently? I was asked by CIC for CV and scheduleA form last week, just curious to know how long it takes to get PPR after cv request these days?

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply! I updated my signature!

2) Yes, sometimes people get stuck in criminality. For your case, it seems info sharing is taking long. Have you had any visa refusals in the past? especially from the US?
No, actually, it is quite the opposite! I came to US with a F1 student visa and my visa got approved right away at the time of interview (no clearance/administrative processing needed). That was the only visa (US/non-US) I've ever applied for. I used to think once you have the FBI police certificate, the eligibility check should not be that complicated; but, it seems it is not necessarily true :/

5) Just check the notes section and read carefully what the analyst said about your case. If everything is fine, there is nothing much that you can do
The note section seems to be OK! Based on the information of the notes, my case was last updated on 4/5/2019. How often do you suggest ordering GCMS notes? And, can this re-ordering of notes have a negative impact on processing of one's case?

And one last question. Bases on your observations, what do you think is the average processing time for most Iranian applicants? Is it more common to take more than 1 year? (I'm trying to think of worst case scenario)

Thanks a lot !!! ;)

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all,

Anybody got CV request on PNP application recently? I was asked by CIC for CV and scheduleA form last week, just curious to know how long it takes to get PPR after cv request these days?
Please include more info about your application.
It is impossible to predict how long it takes, you can just inquire more on these forums to get a sense how much work is need to be done for your application

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply! I updated my signature!

No, actually, it is quite the opposite! I came to US with a F1 student visa and my visa got approved right away at the time of interview (no clearance/administrative processing needed). That was the only visa (US/non-US) I've ever applied for. I used to think once you have the FBI police certificate, the eligibility check should not be that complicated; but, it seems it is not necessarily true :/

The note section seems to be OK! Based on the information of the notes, my case was last updated on 4/5/2019. How often do you suggest ordering GCMS notes? And, can this re-ordering of notes have a negative impact on processing of one's case?

And one last question. Bases on your observations, what do you think is the average processing time for most Iranian applicants? Is it more common to take more than 1 year? (I'm trying to think of worst case scenario)

Thanks a lot !!! ;)
Yeah, maybe now after info sharing they just realized that they shouldn't have given you visa this quickly :D :D :D

I would say order it once in a while until you know that you passed eligibility. For criminality and security, there is not that much you can do. To order or not to order, read the post that I shared in my signature

Yes, it is possible to take more than a year. You can check immitracker. But, I feel it got slightly faster than before.

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Hi,

My GCMS info:

Hi and welcome, :)
1) I heard Sydney instead of "recommend pass" put "met", so they mean the same thing.
2) I speculate that your case is awaiting transfer to one of the LVOs inside Canada, the LVO will set them to pass and start your security checks. One more point, GCMS notes are 30 to 40 days old, and by now things might have got updated.
3, 4 and 5) I defer to @Mr_nobody's insight.

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Do we have something like this forum for US visa? Or is it possible to ask the US visa related question here?
I don't know. But if you find anything like this for US, please share it :)

Ask your question. There are several applicants from US on this forum. They may be able to share their experience with you. You can also look at applyabroad.

amin.gh

Jan 23, 2019
Thanks, Mr.Nobody,
My question is about J1 visa, I have been in touch with two universities for postdoc position. One is already issued the DS 2019 form. The second University will do it few weeks later, as I am more interested in the second one, but I don't want to lose the first opportunity. So the situation is, can I have Two DS-2019 forms and apply J1 visa using only one form. Will there be a problem if I get DS2019 form from one university and when the second one tries to give me DS 2019 the system may reject it. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Thanks, Mr.Nobody,
My question is about J1 visa, I have been in touch with two universities for postdoc position. One is already issued the DS 2019 form. The second University will do it few weeks later, as I am more interested in the second one, but I don't want to lose the first opportunity. So the situation is, can I have Two DS-2019 forms and apply J1 visa using only one form. Will there be a problem if I get DS2019 form from one university and when the second one tries to give me DS 2019 the system may reject it. Thanks in advance.
I believe that should not be a problem, I suggest choose the one without a home residency requirement.

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
Hi and welcome, :)
1) I heard Sydney instead of "recommend pass" put "met", so they mean the same thing.
2) I speculate that your case is awaiting transfer to one of the LVOs inside Canada, the LVO will set them to pass and start your security checks. One more point, GCMS notes are 30 to 40 days old, and by now things might have got updated.
3, 4 and 5) I defer to @Mr_nobody's insight.
Thanks for the reply! I think our timeline is quite similar :) US to Canada part as well :D

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hello again,

Has anyone ever ordered GCMS notes from applygcms.com? If so, is it a legit organization? I don’t like to fill the consent form, it just doesn’t feel right to me :confused:o_O

Reactions: Mr_nobody