+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks so much for a quick reply. On page 2, under the assessment, the status of security is redacted with s.15. In the admissibility section, everything in the security subsection is fully redacted (one blank page) with s.15, all is left is Security:1 and my name and the application number. In the Activity section and one of the notes, in the end, I see redaction with s.15 on top.
1) Do you think would it be possible, even remotely, that I am not under ss?
2) If I am under SS, does this mean that my file has sent to CBSA and CSIS?
3) Do you think ordering GCMS notes again in next months or so would be useful?
No problem.
1) Sorry but I don't think so. 99.9% you are under SS.
2) correct. Your file is not with CIC anymore. I have heard the only thing that CIC does is sending reminder to CBSA every once in a while.
3) Not really! Your file is outside CIC. Getting notes from CIC does not have any impact. It only helps you pass the time

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Daftar never gave me a hard copy of my finger prints. Should I have asked for it? Or can I do it myself?
Dafter won't give a your a hard copy. But, there are places where they take your finger prints. They only charge you with some money. If you are going to send it to Iran, don't forger to ask them seal the finger prints. You know that Iranian authorities love seal and consider a doc valid only if it is sealed!
Daftar only sends you a letter confirming that they are working on your application

KevinK6

Jun 22, 2019
Dafter won't give a your a hard copy. But, there are places where they take your finger prints. They only charge you with some money. If you are going to send it to Iran, don't forger to ask them seal the finger prints. You know that Iranian authorities love seal and consider a doc valid only if it is sealed!
Daftar only sends you a letter confirming that they are working on your application
Yes I already have that letter. Thank you for all your help

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Thanks so much for a quick reply. On page 2, under the assessment, the status of security is redacted with s.15. In the admissibility section, everything in the security subsection is fully redacted (one blank page) with s.15, all is left is Security:1 and my name and the application number. In the Activity section and one of the notes, in the end, I see redaction with s.15 on top.
No problem.
1) Sorry but I don't think so. 99.9% you are under SS.
2) correct. Your file is not with CIC anymore. I have heard the only thing that CIC does is sending reminder to CBSA every once in a while.
3) Not really! Your file is outside CIC. Getting notes from CIC does not have any impact. It only helps you pass the time
I received the request for my cv and supplementary information the same day that I received the CSIS note. I'm not saying they are 100% related to each other but it was an interesting coincidence. I'd say wait a few months and if there was no movement order CSIS notes.

KevinK6

Jun 22, 2019
One more question. Regarding work experience, I have part time experience of 20hr/week. Does it mean that 1 and half yeards will be equal to 1 full time year? In other words, part time is described as 15hr/week, where as my work experience is 20hr/week. Will I benefit from the extra 5 hour/week when counting my work experience?

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
I received the request for my cv and supplementary information the same day that I received the CSIS note. I'm not saying they are 100% related to each other but it was an interesting coincidence. I'd say wait a few months and if there was no movement order CSIS notes.
Thanks so much @Ken_89, we should all raise our glasses to your patience. :) I agree for the next step I should skip the gcms and go for csis or cbsa notes. did you use ATIP or send a fax request? I am wondering whats your csis notes say? is your file still with them?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks so much @Ken_89, we should all raise our glasses to your patience. :) I agree for the next step I should skip the gcms and go for csis or cbsa notes. did you use ATIP or send a fax request? I am wondering whats your csis notes say? is your file still with them?
Thank yo very much @Ken_89. I never ordered CSIS notes, so I am curious to know what was in there? I heard that it is only a one page summary of your case, is that right? So, were your SS started before cv/resume? Because they usually ask for resume/cv then they send the doc to SS.

It is probably coincidence. ATI is handled by separate groups. In fact, they are a group of people who are familiar with the rules and laws regarding ATI. The officer who works on your immigration/security case may not have any idea about the laws regarding ATI. The ATI officer may have had access to your file several days earlier and was checking to see if he can release the info according to law or not.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
One more question. Regarding work experience, I have part time experience of 20hr/week. Does it mean that 1 and half yeards will be equal to 1 full time year? In other words, part time is described as 15hr/week, where as my work experience is 20hr/week. Will I benefit from the extra 5 hour/week when counting my work experience?
All these info are available on CIC website
Check this out:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

• at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Yes I used ATIP and received the CSIS note in 2 weeks. I made a mistake and sent them the IRCC's consent form. Apparently they have their own consent form which I didn't know. So keep that in mind.
My case is still with the CSIS. The letter just said my security screening is still in progress. I only wish they had mentioned when my case has been sent to them. Maybe the CBSA notes will clarify that but I haven't received them yet.

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Thank yo very much @Ken_89. I never ordered CSIS notes, so I am curious to know what was in there? I heard that it is only a one page summary of your case, is that right? So, were your SS started before cv/resume? Because they usually ask for resume/cv then they send the doc to SS.

It is probably coincidence. ATI is handled by separate groups. In fact, they are a group of people who are familiar with the rules and laws regarding ATI. The officer who works on your immigration/security case may not have any idea about the laws regarding ATI. The ATI officer may have had access to your file several days earlier and was checking to see if he can release the info according to law or not.
Yeah it's just a one page letter which says that my security screening is still in progress. And then it says the information has been exempted from disclosure based on some section of the law. My security was started in late Nov or early Dec 2018 when I sent them the details of military service and schedule A (It's just based on what the call agents said at the time so take it with a grain of salt). I also had two ghost updates in May 2019. The request for cv came exactly 3 months after my ghost updates. So I really have no idea what's going on. Maybe all this time my case has been sitting with the CBSA and the CSIS has picked up the case just recently and they've decided to ask for the cv.
I totally agree with you regarding the ATI though. It's definitely a coincidence.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yes I used ATIP and received the CSIS note in 2 weeks. I made a mistake and sent them the IRCC's consent form. Apparently they have their own consent form which I didn't know. So keep that in mind.
My case is still with the CSIS. The letter just said my security screening is still in progress. I only wish they had mentioned when my case has been sent to them. Maybe the CBSA notes will clarify that but I haven't received them yet.
Yeah it's just a one page letter which says that my security screening is still in progress. And then it says the information has been exempted from disclosure based on some section of the law. My security was started in late Nov or early Dec 2018 when I sent them the details of military service and schedule A (It's just based on what the call agents said at the time so take it with a grain of salt). I also had two ghost updates in May 2019. The request for cv came exactly 3 months after my ghost updates. So I really have no idea what's going on. Maybe all this time my case has been sitting with the CBSA and the CSIS has picked up the case just recently and they've decided to ask for the cv.
I totally agree with you regarding the ATI though. It's definitely a coincidence.
Thank you very much for the response.
Technically, your SS started the same date as mine!

sch A, military, and CV are all for the purpose of security. You had all of them. Lucky you :D :D :D
Yes, CBSA notes exactly gives you the date when it started.

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Thank you very much for the response.
Technically, your SS started the same date as mine!

sch A, military, and CV are all for the purpose of security. You had all of them. Lucky you :D :D :D
Yes, CBSA notes exactly gives you the date when it started.
I also had a supplementary information request form lol. Should I be waiting for something else or is that it? Have you seen any other document being requested regarding the security screening besides these?

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
You are most probably under SS, i had the same in my GCMS notes and after applying and receiving CBSA notes which it has less redaction i see clearly that i sent for comprehensive security aka SS.

Reactions: earlybird2019

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I also had a supplementary information request form lol. Should I be waiting for something else or is that it? Have you seen any other document being requested regarding the security screening besides these?
I think that is it. You already have the record of ADR :D :D :D
They ask for ADR at different stages:
Eligibility: Sometimes they ask for some supplementary information for your job experience or education etc.
Criminality: Sometimes they ask police clearance of Canada for inland.
Security: You already know
Final stage: They may ask for remed.

Reactions: Ken_89

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
I think that is it. You already have the record of ADR :D :D :D
They ask for ADR at different stages:
Eligibility: Sometimes they ask for some supplementary information for your job experience or education etc.
Criminality: Sometimes they ask police clearance of Canada for inland.
Security: You already know
Final stage: They may ask for remed.
Well that's a shame because I was looking forward to the next ADR. It's so exciting hahaha.