+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Well, the processing time for those who are not sent to SS is usually less than 6 months. However, this happens to some rare lucky Persians! But for the rest of us who has to go through SS, the time is at least 10-11 months and can go beyond one year.

I always recommend people to order notes at least once to know what is going on with their application, specially for eligibility. Notes will help you know if you are under review (in that case, you can send some additional document to fix the issue).

For your case, I think you already passed eligibility and criminality and you have been sent for SS. To make sure of that, you can order notes. Or even you can call CIC and check if you have passed eligibility or criminality or not.

Edit: Read this post:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-applicants-from-iran.605489/page-73#post-7797587
Thanks for your reply.

I'll order one then.

I got a reply to a web form which I submitted about two weeks ago, saying that:
Criminality is valid.
Security is being processed.

Could you tell what does "criminality is valid" mean? And Security processing is the security screening that you mentioned? If so, do you have any estimation how long it will take from the step onward?

Thanks.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for your reply.

I'll order one then.

I got a reply to a web form which I submitted about two weeks ago, saying that:
Criminality is valid.
Security is being processed.

Could you tell what does "criminality is valid" mean? And Security processing is the security screening that you mentioned? If so, do you have any estimation how long it will take from the step onward?

Thanks.
PR application has 3 main steps: eligibility, criminality, and security.

Most probably you have passed eligibility and criminality (based on police certificate or "adame soe pishine")

There are two version of security. One is a basic security check which takes less than a couple of days. The other is the advance version called security screening or SS. That is where no one knows how long it takes. It can be from 4-5 month to even a couple of years.

We Persians are the luckiest one in this case as almost every one of us has to go through this non-sense. The only good news is that using the new biometries, they speed up the process of SS

Reactions: Shadima

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I think Canada is totally Slept! I passed 500 days now!!
Congratulations for breaking records one after another :D
Just kidding. that is the problem with SS, no one can tell when it is going to finish.
The only thing is that August is usually the month that the majority of Canadian take vacations as it is the last month of summer. So, don't expect anything in August either. But, after that, usually no ones takes any vacation till Xmas. So, it will be 4 months of work. I think the process starts speeding up from September.

Reactions: canadalover2018

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Congratulations for breaking records one after another :D
Just kidding. that is the problem with SS, no one can tell when it is going to finish.
The only thing is that August is usually the month that the majority of Canadian take vacations as it is the last month of summer. So, don't expect anything in August either. But, after that, usually no ones takes any vacation till Xmas. So, it will be 4 months of work. I think the process starts speeding up from September.
I think it is nit the August problem, most of months are their vacation time at least toward Iranian applicants!

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019

Most probably you have passed eligibility and criminality (based on police certificate or "adame soe pishine")

There are two version of security. One is a basic security check which takes less than a couple of days. The other is the advance version called security screening or SS. That is where no one knows how long it takes. It can be from 4-5 month to even a couple of years.

We Persians are the luckiest one in this case as almost every one of us has to go through this non-sense. The only good news is that using the new biometries, they speed up the process of SS
I jus

Received the CBSA notes in a CD yesterday, the difference is it has details of my previous visit visa to Canada and officer notes, has little less redaction when it comes to security and it is clearly mentioned that I have sent for "Comprehensive Security Screening" since mid April.
As @Mr_nobody mentioned this is becoming a default for our male fellow citizens regardless of status specially if they have compulsory military record, for me I have been leaving out of Iran since past 25 years, extensive travel history, been in Canada and working here since pasty two years and I was expecting to be a lucky one and not go through it, but i guess "az mast ke bar mast" and all we can do is just exercise some more patience.
@Mr_nobody as you received your CBSA notes, when you find time, could you please update your signature with exact date of start of your compressive security so we can have some sort of base line please.
thanks a lot,
Ayoub

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
I am just wondering what are examined under security checks? Does your payment history or loans affect it?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I jus

Received the CBSA notes in a CD yesterday, the difference is it has details of my previous visit visa to Canada and officer notes, has little less redaction when it comes to security and it is clearly mentioned that I have sent for "Comprehensive Security Screening" since mid April.
As @Mr_nobody mentioned this is becoming a default for our male fellow citizens regardless of status specially if they have compulsory military record, for me I have been leaving out of Iran since past 25 years, extensive travel history, been in Canada and working here since pasty two years and I was expecting to be a lucky one and not go through it, but i guess "az mast ke bar mast" and all we can do is just exercise some more patience.
@Mr_nobody as you received your CBSA notes, when you find time, could you please update your signature with exact date of start of your compressive security so we can have some sort of base line please.
thanks a lot,
Ayoub
Salam Ayoub Jan,
Sure, my security started on Nov. 26th. I will update my signature.

For CBSA notes, you have to specifically mention them you only want the data for your PR, otherwise they will give you all the info for all your application. This makes their processing time much longer. I am pretty sure you have been waiting for more than one month deadline for these notes, right? And you probably received a 500 pages pdf, didn't you?

Yeah, it is true we all go through SS, but not Khavari and his family probably!!!!

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Salam Ayoub Jan,
Sure, my security started on Nov. 26th. I will update my signature.

For CBSA notes, you have to specifically mention them you only want the data for your PR, otherwise they will give you all the info for all your application. This makes their processing time much longer. I am pretty sure you have been waiting for more than one month deadline for these notes, right? And you probably received a 500 pages pdf, didn't you?

Yeah, it is true we all go through SS, but not Khavari and his family probably!!!!
Thanks for swift response, I did clearly mentioned to them about PR, with application number and full details as advised by you and forum, however got more than i got bargained for, 87 MB, over 500 pages and also they sent the low res copies of all documents I sent them for this PR application, thanks for sharing your time line, so it took 95 days for you from SS to file approval, I am at day 112 of SS at the moment and it seems i hit with the summer factor:) I am so happy they are not closing the country and go to north for upcoming Eid Ghorban at least.

P.S. Khavari and gang and rest of Agha zadegan they are born with good gene and part of elite group of VIP(Very Important Persians ) and naturally enjoy the super duper express entry systems.

KevinK6

Jun 22, 2019
Guys, how long does it take for the Iran's interest sections in Washington to send me the "govahi adame soe pishineh" aka Police clearance certificate?

KevinK6

Jun 22, 2019
My CRS score is 456. Should I open an account on EE right now. I went to DC almost 2 week ago to ask for "govahi adame soe pishineh". When do you guys recommend I open a profile?