+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Guys, how long does it take for the Iran's interest sections in Washington to send me the "govahi adame soe pishineh" aka Police clearance certificate?
simple answer it take ages, i know some people send their relative to Iran with copy of their IDs and they did that for them remotely, this is subject to and if they have your finger print in their system and you did this personally once over there.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

KevinK6

Jun 22, 2019
simple answer it take ages, i know some people send their relative to Iran with copy of their IDs and they did that for them remotely, this is subject to and if they have your finger print in their system and you did this personally once over there.
Can you let me know how long will it take roughly speaking? Like for example 2 months ? Unfortunately, it was my first time giving my finger prints.

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Can you let me know how long will it take roughly speaking? Like for example 2 months ? Unfortunately, it was my first time giving my finger prints.
It could take 4 to 5 months. If you're in a rush send somebody to the ministry of foreign affairs to do a follow up. It usually sits on some lazy employee's desk for a month or two before they send it to the Interpol. Once it's sent to the Interpol you could do another follow up with them although they're more annoying to deal with. Once it's back from the Interpol to the foreign ministry don't wait for them to send it to DC. Once again send that unfortunate somebody to the ministry to pick it up and send a colored scan of it to you. You won't need the hard copy. If you do these follow ups you could get it in one month.

KevinK6

Jun 22, 2019
How about FBI background check? Does anyone know how long will that one take? I am asking to see whether I should apply now or wait a month so that I get both Iran and US PCC simultaneously. My understanding is that should I receive an ITA, I merely will have 60 days to provide all documents, won't I?

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have been asked to provide my "CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and publications" on the 21st of July. I submitted my CV right after receiving ADR. However, the status of my additional document is still "we are reviewing the additional document". Is it normal?

Thank you in advance.

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
How about FBI background check? Does anyone know how long will that one take? I am asking to see whether I should apply now or wait a month so that I get both Iran and US PCC simultaneously. My understanding is that should I receive an ITA, I merely will have 60 days to provide all documents, won't I?
I got the electronic copy the same day that FBI received my finger prints card. The hard copy takes a few days to be delivered by mail. It's valid for 6 months.

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have been asked to provide my "CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and publications" on the 21st of July. I submitted my CV right after receiving ADR. However, the status of my additional document is still "we are reviewing the additional document". Is it normal?

Thank you in advance.
I think it goes to "Not Applicable" first and then changes to "We are reviewing the additional document" and remains like that until the next phase. At least that's my experience. So I'd say it's normal.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for swift response, I did clearly mentioned to them about PR, with application number and full details as advised by you and forum, however got more than i got bargained for, 87 MB, over 500 pages and also they sent the low res copies of all documents I sent them for this PR application, thanks for sharing your time line, so it took 95 days for you from SS to file approval, I am at day 112 of SS at the moment and it seems i hit with the summer factor:) I am so happy they are not closing the country and go to north for upcoming Eid Ghorban at least.

P.S. Khavari and gang and rest of Agha zadegan they are born with good gene and part of elite group of VIP(Very Important Persians ) and naturally enjoy the super duper express entry systems.
lol 87 MB pdf!!!!
Yeah for me it took 3 month but I consider myself among very lucky ones!!! I don't know what happened. But after me, there were a dozen of Persians whose SS were done in 4-5 months.
Thank God they don't have salgarde ertehal to go North either :D :D :D

Reactions: ms-nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Has anyone here applied for Canadian PR from the US?
Yes, there are some applicants on this forum. You can also check immitracekr
Guys, how long does it take for the Iran's interest sections in Washington to send me the "govahi adame soe pishineh" aka Police clearance certificate?
they say 4-6 months. Under some circumstances you can do it directly from Iran. So you have to do finger printing here and send a hard copy to Iran. Your family can get your police clearance for you. I also know that these rules are different from city to city. For Tehran, it is more complicated they as send the person to vezarate omoore khareje. But, from shahrestan, an officer can finalize everything in half a day. Just send your family to ask them.
My CRS score is 456. Should I open an account on EE right now. I went to DC almost 2 week ago to ask for "govahi adame soe pishineh". When do you guys recommend I open a profile?
The advantage of applying through daftar is that they will provide you with a letter stating that it takes long time for them to process your application. So, what you can do is to upload that letter instead and add a cover letter explaining that you will send them the clearance as soon as you get it.

Also, notice that everyone can make a EE profile. But, after you are selected and you received ITA, you will have 2-3 months to apply for the Permanent Residency. In that time you can do your medical, etc. So, after your name is selected, you can waste some time before you apply, but at least you know that your name has been selected. At anytime, you can withdraw your application and create a new profile!
It could take 4 to 5 months. If you're in a rush send somebody to the ministry of foreign affairs to do a follow up. It usually sits on some lazy employee's desk for a month or two before they send it to the Interpol. Once it's sent to the Interpol you could do another follow up with them although they're more annoying to deal with. Once it's back from the Interpol to the foreign ministry don't wait for them to send it to DC. Once again send that unfortunate somebody to the ministry to pick it up and send a colored scan of it to you. You won't need the hard copy. If you do these follow ups you could get it in one month.
Even if you send your finger prints to Iran so your family do it for you (under some circumstances), it depends on the city. If they do it in Tehran, they have to go through Vezarate Khareje and Interpol, which takes a long time. But, if they do it in shahrestan, depending on the city, they may be able to do it in old-fashion ways in the local Agahi, which takes 2-3 days. Then you just need to translate it.

Reactions: Ken_89

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi Guys,

Thank you in advance.
I think it goes to "Not Applicable" first and then changes to "We are reviewing the additional document" and remains like that until the next phase. At least that's my experience. So I'd say it's normal.
I still don't know how it works. For some people it goes to " we are reviewing..." and for others "Not Applicable". For me, it went to "Not applicable". It is still NA even though I received my PR long ago !!!
All in all, both of them seems to be normal. Don't worry about it. We are all going through SS. Balatar az siahi rangi nist.

PS: put your timeline in your signature

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
I got my notes and there is almost a whole blank page with security title redacted with s15 on top. I don't know why this is happening to me, I've got a very simple background. It is ~200 pages document, where should I look to find out more about the progress of security checks? I so very much appreciate your insight @Mr_nobody about this.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I got my notes and there is almost a whole blank page with security title redacted with s15 on top. I don't know why this is happening to me, I've got a very simple background. It is ~200 pages document, where should I look to find out more about the progress of security checks? I so very much appreciate your insight @Mr_nobody about this.
For a quick glance, check assessment on page 2 for eligibility, criminality and security.
For more details you have to go to each section separately.

For eligibility, the best thing is to go to the end of the file to the Notes section and read the officer notes. They will have the detail explanation about your education, job experience, etc. Read those explanations and see if everything is OK

For security, check these sections:
assessment on page 2
Admisibility section
Activity 1-4 or 1-15
and some of the notes
Can u see the same redaction with s.15 on top of them? If so, then most probably you are under SS.

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
For a quick glance, check assessment on page 2 for eligibility, criminality and security.
For more details you have to go to each section separately.

For eligibility, the best thing is to go to the end of the file to the Notes section and read the officer notes. They will have the detail explanation about your education, job experience, etc. Read those explanations and see if everything is OK

For security, check these sections:
assessment on page 2
Admisibility section
Activity 1-4 or 1-15
and some of the notes
Can u see the same redaction with s.15 on top of them? If so, then most probably you are under SS.
Thanks so much for a quick reply. On page 2, under the assessment, the status of security is redacted with s.15. In the admissibility section, everything in the security subsection is fully redacted (one blank page) with s.15, all is left is Security:1 and my name and the application number. In the Activity section and one of the notes, in the end, I see redaction with s.15 on top.
1) Do you think would it be possible, even remotely, that I am not under ss?
2) If I am under SS, does this mean that my file has sent to CBSA and CSIS?
3) Do you think ordering GCMS notes again in next months or so would be useful?

Last edited:

KevinK6

Jun 22, 2019
Yes, there are some applicants on this forum. You can also check immitracekr

they say 4-6 months. Under some circumstances you can do it directly from Iran. So you have to do finger printing here and send a hard copy to Iran. Your family can get your police clearance for you. I also know that these rules are different from city to city. For Tehran, it is more complicated they as send the person to vezarate omoore khareje. But, from shahrestan, an officer can finalize everything in half a day. Just send your family to ask them.

The advantage of applying through daftar is that they will provide you with a letter stating that it takes long time for them to process your application. So, what you can do is to upload that letter instead and add a cover letter explaining that you will send them the clearance as soon as you get it.

Also, notice that everyone can make a EE profile. But, after you are selected and you received ITA, you will have 2-3 months to apply for the Permanent Residency. In that time you can do your medical, etc. So, after your name is selected, you can waste some time before you apply, but at least you know that your name has been selected. At anytime, you can withdraw your application and create a new profile!

Even if you send your finger prints to Iran so your family do it for you (under some circumstances), it depends on the city. If they do it in Tehran, they have to go through Vezarate Khareje and Interpol, which takes a long time. But, if they do it in shahrestan, depending on the city, they may be able to do it in old-fashion ways in the local Agahi, which takes 2-3 days. Then you just need to translate it.
Daftar never gave me a hard copy of my finger prints. Should I have asked for it? Or can I do it myself?