canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
How long does the security is gonna take? Mine passed 4 months.... I heard a case in now in 1 years for security :((

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I am an inland applicant with 6 years of background in Canada (study, work, driving history, credit history, loans, mortgages, property purchase, you name it) It has been a year waiting for my PR... My fantasy was to get my PR within 6 months so I can travel easier for my job or change my job plus had plans to travel for my friends weddings etc...! I have cancelled my entire life for now everything is on a limbo!
I hope you get it soon, but forget about your fantasy! It is possible that fantasy to turn into long waits, frustration and anxiety!!! It is a serious problem but please do a favor to yourself and be prepared. Specially with the current political situations the security checks may take forever.
Unfortunately, being Iranian has many flaws abroad and it is going to stick with us even when becoming citizens...
I agree with you. Personally, I didn't mind the wait, but what frustrated me the most was the limbo. I mean it would have been much easier for me if they had told me that I am going to wait double than others, but after one year, they will either reject or accept me. It is so frustrating to wait and wait without a clue when it is going to finish. I think after I got my PR, I felt like a void since a huge burden was lifted from my life. I am sure that it takes years for me to recover from all the stress that I went through.

Second, I generally don't agree with this whole system of PR thing. They put too much weight on the work experience and education as opposed to the Canadian values. For instance, I know some people who have been living in this country for more than 7 years (a Masters and a PhD), who are not eligible for PR simply because the work that they did here was during their studies. So, technically, they garbage the fact that the person lived here for so many years and learned all the rules about Canadian life, the person learned how to do taxes, how to drive, how to speak English, etc.
On the other hand, obviously, there are a lot of applicants who simply fake their job experiences in other countries, yet with that experience, they get pr easily and they come to this country without knowing the language, the system, or anything. Worse than that, as you can see many of them even don't want to learn these things at all.

Having said all the bad things, I just want to tell you to stay positive. I know it is hard, but don't let these things put you down. After all, it is our choice to come to this country and we are guests. So, we need to understand that not everything is going to be based on what we think and what we want. Of course, I think the system can be more fair for us, but if we don't want this, we have to go back. I don't know about you, but I don't have any support if I go back. No job, no money, no life. Plus, if you are interested, take a look at the visa and immigration system for a country like Iran or somewhere like daftar hafeze manafae. Half of their link on their websites are not working. the forms are old, full of mistakes, etc. After you see these, you realize that Canada has worked so long to establish all these things. I know it is hard for us, but it will good for our kids. We are going to face prejudice here and there, but the second or third generation from us will have a better life.

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks, I understand, this is a very upsetting wait. The advantage for inland applicants is that they can move forward with BOWP till pr process is done, for outland folks there is nothing but waiting.
BOWP is not an easy either. There are a lot of things that are in limbo for inland applicants. For instance, some managers are scared to hire cases like that as they don't want to deal with all these things. For them, an easier option is to hire a person who is permanent.

Anyways, I know this dumb-head Trump is crazy, but why don't you guys stay in the US. The winter in Canada is very harsh and the job market is never as good as the US.

Reactions: earlybird2019

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
BOWP is not an easy either. There are a lot of things that are in limbo for inland applicants. For instance, some managers are scared to hire cases like that as they don't want to deal with all these things. For them, an easier option is to hire a person who is permanent. Anyways, I know this dumb-head Trump is crazy, but why don't you guys stay in the US. The winter in Canada is very harsh and the job market is never as good as the US.
Thanks so much @Mr_nobody, I see your points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_nobody

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
I agree with you. Personally, I didn't mind the wait, but what frustrated me the most was the limbo. I mean it would have been much easier for me if they had told me that I am going to wait double than others, but after one year, they will either reject or accept me. It is so frustrating to wait and wait without a clue when it is going to finish. I think after I got my PR, I felt like a void since a huge burden was lifted from my life. I am sure that it takes years for me to recover from all the stress that I went through.

Second, I generally don't agree with this whole system of PR thing. They put too much weight on the work experience and education as opposed to the Canadian values. For instance, I know some people who have been living in this country for more than 7 years (a Masters and a PhD), who are not eligible for PR simply because the work that they did here was during their studies. So, technically, they garbage the fact that the person lived here for so many years and learned all the rules about Canadian life, the person learned how to do taxes, how to drive, how to speak English, etc.
On the other hand, obviously, there are a lot of applicants who simply fake their job experiences in other countries, yet with that experience, they get pr easily and they come to this country without knowing the language, the system, or anything. Worse than that, as you can see many of them even don't want to learn these things at all.

Having said all the bad things, I just want to tell you to stay positive. I know it is hard, but don't let these things put you down. After all, it is our choice to come to this country and we are guests. So, we need to understand that not everything is going to be based on what we think and what we want. Of course, I think the system can be more fair for us, but if we don't want this, we have to go back. I don't know about you, but I don't have any support if I go back. No job, no money, no life. Plus, if you are interested, take a look at the visa and immigration system for a country like Iran or somewhere like daftar hafeze manafae. Half of their link on their websites are not working. the forms are old, full of mistakes, etc. After you see these, you realize that Canada has worked so long to establish all these things. I know it is hard for us, but it will good for our kids. We are going to face prejudice here and there, but the second or third generation from us will have a better life.
Thank you for all the realistic vision that you share here...
I know your point but wasn't that one of the reasons we left Iran? What have we done to this world that the entire world is systematically against the people of Iran? The problem is that we are a nation that just compromise everything in life... All that most of us do is quietly sit in our silence and suffer with the illusion that one day somebody will help us because the universe is all just and fair or it has to be somehow!!!
We need to learn that universe is all chaos and complex. We need to accept and remind ourselves as a nation that life has always been and will always be extremely difficult, and therefore we constantly need to find solutions and not run away from problems...

reza0358

Apr 4, 2019
I have a previous US VISA refusal. According to the notes, Info Sharing is Complete. Security Screening is still in process (Since February). Does "complete" mean that US VISA refusal has been of no concern to the officer?

roghi

Aug 5, 2019
Hello Friends,
I have some concerns about my application.
My AOR was done on July 12th but until now there was no change in my profile. Is this normal? How long does it take to be called for biometrics?
Also, I have one more question. Do you know which embassies around the world process applications of Iranian for PR? I am a resident of GCC.

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hello everybody,

I just joined this forum. Is there anybody with AOR of Dec 2018 who already got PPR?

Any idea how long processing background check would take? I had a talk with an agent last week and was told eligibility has met but background checking is being processed.

Tired of waiting (almost 7 months and half) o_O

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I have a previous US VISA refusal. According to the notes, Info Sharing is Complete. Security Screening is still in process (Since February). Does "complete" mean that US VISA refusal has been of no concern to the officer?
Hi @reza0358,
What was the reason behind the US refusal?
As from the term "info sharing", I guess they have just inquired about your history form other countries like US and they requested data from them. But, reviewing those info is not part of the "info sharing". I think it is part of the security. During the security, the officer decides if the previous refusal is something of concern or not.

PS: Put your timeline in your signature.

Reactions: earlybird2019

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello Friends,
I have some concerns about my application.
My AOR was done on July 12th but until now there was no change in my profile. Is this normal? How long does it take to be called for biometrics?
Also, I have one more question. Do you know which embassies around the world process applications of Iranian for PR? I am a resident of GCC.
There are several steps for each application and different groups are responsible for each step. As a result, files move around a lot in CIC. Your case might end up in Ottawa, or in one of the local offices.
From what I have seen in immitracker, usually they send these cases to London or Paris Visa offices.
About biometrics, I have no idea. sorry! Hopefully others can help you.

PS: Put your timeline in your signature.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello everybody,

I just joined this forum. Is there anybody with AOR of Dec 2018 who already got PPR?

Any idea how long processing background check would take? I had a talk with an agent last week and was told eligibility has met but background checking is being processed.

Tired of waiting (almost 7 months and half) o_O
@Shadima
Put your timeline in your signature and give me more info of what stage your application is. e.g. look at my signature.
Edit: I might be able to help you if I know your timeline

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadima

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
@Shadima
Put your timeline in your signature and give me more info of what stage your application is. e.g. look at my signature.
Edit: I might be able to help you if I know your timeline
Just updated my signature.

I read through a couple pages here and it seems that the average processing time is about 8-9 months, correct?
I haven't ordered any GCMS notes yet. Should I?

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hey @Mr_nobody. They have asked me to upload my cv and also sent me a supplementary information request form to fill out. But there is no place in my profile to upload them. I remember the last time they asked for additional documents there was an open place in the account which allowed me to upload them. Should I contact the IRCC or should I just raise a CSE and attach the documents?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hey @Mr_nobody. They have asked me to upload my cv and also sent me a supplementary information request form to fill out. But there is no place in my profile to upload them. I remember the last time they asked for additional documents there was an open place in the account which allowed me to upload them. Should I contact the IRCC or should I just raise a CSE and attach the documents?
Hi @Ken_89.
It's weird. If I am not mistaken, they create a place for you to upload your ADR. I would say send them through CSE so you don't lose the deadline.
Meanwhile, contact them and let them know. Maybe there is a glitch in your system. Just to be safe

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Just updated my signature.

I read through a couple pages here and it seems that the average processing time is about 8-9 months, correct?
I haven't ordered any GCMS notes yet. Should I?
Well, the processing time for those who are not sent to SS is usually less than 6 months. However, this happens to some rare lucky Persians! But for the rest of us who has to go through SS, the time is at least 10-11 months and can go beyond one year.

I always recommend people to order notes at least once to know what is going on with their application, specially for eligibility. Notes will help you know if you are under review (in that case, you can send some additional document to fix the issue).

For your case, I think you already passed eligibility and criminality and you have been sent for SS. To make sure of that, you can order notes. Or even you can call CIC and check if you have passed eligibility or criminality or not.

Edit: Read this post:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-applicants-from-iran.605489/page-73#post-7797587

Last edited: