+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Ken, my ss is passed now. Ghost yesterday and called to know it is passed. Waiting for fin review. Hope yours good news come soon
Congratulations! Really happy for you. Could you please keep us updated when you get your PPR email? It would give us an estimate on how much time it takes for Montreal to finalize the case after ss is finished. Enjoy it ;).

Reactions: earlybird2019

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Congratulations! Really happy for you. Could you please keep us updated when you get your PPR email? It would give us an estimate on how much time it takes for Montreal to finalize the case after ss is finished. Enjoy it ;).
Thank you. Definitely will. I hope you hear yours soon !

Reactions: Ken_89

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
It seems you're next in line, maybe next week. ;)

Reactions: Ken_89

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
I requested on May 1st... Yesterday I sent a follow up email with the tracking number to them... no response yet.
Last time I ordered GMCS notes it took 2.5 months to receive it...
I sent them follow up email and i got this "Due to exceptional circumstances, we are currently experiencing difficulty meeting our service standards. Please accept our apologies for the delay, and rest assured that we are taking steps to address the situation.", means delay everywhere...

Please let us know when you get your GCMS note.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

magic-life

Jun 7, 2019
Hi guys.
I really do not know how to prepare cv .
Is there any special format for it ?
should I mention emails or websites of my workplaces in it?
please help me . I just have two weeks to send it

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi guys.
I really do not know how to prepare cv .
Is there any special format for it ?
should I mention emails or websites of my workplaces in it?
please help me . I just have two weeks to send it
There is no special format.
Depending on your status, it can be for the purpose of security. If so, try to give all the information that makes checking your security easier and try to clearly mention everything.

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Congratulations on the BOWP. Definitely, it is a relief that you can have the health card.I didn't get the negative side though. The processing of BOWP is almost independent of processing of PR. So, no matter they process your BOWP or not, the SS is in progress.

You don't need to ask for the BOWP timeline. BOWP is processed almost on a FIFO base. as @rajahoomi application, they are currently working on the files that they received on Feb 14th. you can check the processing of BOWP here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
It always has a 2-3 week lag though. If you see the link, the last update was May the 5th and they were working on the files on Jan 26th. Using this link you can guesstimate when you are going to receive BOWP.
About the email. It is an automatic email that you will receive every month that there is no movement on your file. You are going to receive on March 26th as well. Since you applied 6 weeks after @rajahoomi, You are going to receive your BOWP in 6-7 weeks.
BOWP is always issued for one year or the expiry of the passport.
@rajahoomi - Our BOWP approved today , I applied on 26 May so it took 73 days total so did not go to implied status , now few questions for you, what is the next step:
1- In Regards to updating SIN, shall i visit service Canada or it is automatic
2- I recall @Mr_nobody mentioned, new WP will be mailed to your physical address, is this still valid , have your received yours i have no letter whatsoever in my account just mentioned new WP number and new expiration date which is exactly one year?
3- Should you call your province insurance and update them too?
4- any other thing I should do?

kindly let me know please,.
wishing everyone a great weekend

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@rajahoomi - Our BOWP approved today , I applied on 26 May so it took 73 days total so did not go to implied status , now few questions for you, what is the next step:
2- I recall @Mr_nobody mentioned, new WP will be mailed to your physical address, is this still valid , have your received yours i have no letter whatsoever in my account just mentioned new WP number and new expiration date which is exactly one year?

1- After you received your WP in your mail, you have to go to Service Canada with your WP and passport to get a new SIN
2- They will mail to your address in a couple of days.
3- Yes, you can do that. They will give you a new one to the end of the WP

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
1- After you received your WP in your mail, you have to go to Service Canada with your WP and passport to get a new SIN
2- They will mail to your address in a couple of days.
3- Yes, you can do that. They will give you a new one to the end of the WP
Many thanks @Mr_nobody , you are faster than my Alexa and hope I could make Mr Nobody Alexa skills so everyone can benefit from :)

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018

Congrats,
1. Go to service Canada for renewal;
2. You will receive a letter 24 hours after your approval in your account. But it is not valid as your WP. You will recieve it in your mail and you should wait for recieving it before any renewal of SIN or insurance...
3. Yes
4. Enjoy your life till the PR.

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Congrats,
1. Go to service Canada for renewal;
2. You will receive a letter 24 hours after your approval in your account. But it is not valid as your WP. You will recieve it in your mail and you should wait for recieving it before any renewal of SIN or insurance...
3. Yes
4. Enjoy your life till the PR.
Thanks for prompt response @rajahoomi , indeed this bridge of open work permit is giving a room to breath for a while, wishing you speedy PPR.

Paul78

Apr 9, 2019
hi guys. i am paul from lebanon and i am at the federal stage for permenant residency through QSW. i would like to ask u how much is the time between federal receipt of the PR application and visa for iranians. thx