+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
One question... I just figured out in the SCHEDULE A form that I got ADR for, the fields such as Military, Government Positions... I have left empty while it says write NONE if you have not undertaken! Also I am military except but I did not send any documents to them...
Do you think it will be problematic?
Any thoughts?
I don't think there is a big problem, it is just for separating those who indeed didn't have a government position from those who purposefully don't provide an answer to hide the reality, while not telling all the truth. The blank is missing data and can be interpreted different than a "None" answer. However, I am sure a lot of people make the same mistake as you. So it shouldn't be that much of a red flag.
(for mohkam kari) since, your security started recently, you can correct them and send it through CSE. It might speed up the process.

If you are also exempted from military, you can send the scan of the card with a certified translation to them through CSE.
Also, in the question 6 "Have you or any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence, ever:"
section d) been refused an immigrant or permanent resident visa to Canada or any other country?

Do they mean the family member that are accompanying me in my PR application? or my parents in general?
I am getting worried cause I said NO as I thought it is only for me. But I remember that my parents once got rejected for PR back in like 2000! Though they have gotten visitor visa recently and have visited me multiple times! Also, in the ADR document the officer asked for information within the last 10 years or since the age of 18!

Any thoughts?
I agree with @aasaf. It is only related to those who are going to accompany you.

Reactions: aasaf

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
I don't think there is a big problem, it is just for separating those who indeed didn't have a government position from those who purposefully don't provide an answer to hide the reality, while not telling all the truth. The blank is missing data and can be interpreted different than a "None" answer. However, I am sure a lot of people make the same mistake as you. So it shouldn't be that much of a red flag.
(for mohkam kari) since, your security started recently, you can correct them and send it through CSE. It might speed up the process.

If you are also exempted from military, you can send the scan of the card with a certified translation to them through CSE.

I agree with @aasaf. It is only related to those who are going to accompany you.
I sent them a corrected version with a whole bunch of other documents, my military, national id, birth certificate... Plus some references for my previous background information that I claimed. Also, a translated certificate of my Bachelor degree in Iran ( I have a Canadian master degree and I did not get any points for my previous degree anyways).
Thanks for the help.
I hope this will make the process faster...

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I sent them a corrected version with a whole bunch of other documents, my military, national id, birth certificate... Plus some references for my previous background information that I claimed. Also, a translated certificate of my Bachelor degree in Iran ( I have a Canadian master degree and I did not get any points for my previous degree anyways).
Thanks for the help.
I hope this will make the process faster...
Homan jan, now you overkilled it :D :D :D You didn't have to send ID, birth certificate, or your degree in Iran. Because any doc that you send needs to be checked again, which takes time.

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Homan jan, now you overkilled it :D :D :D You didn't have to send ID, birth certificate, or your degree in Iran. Because any doc that you send needs to be checked again, which takes time.
I remember when I applied for my first study permit, I had sent so many documents to CIC. And I got my study permit way faster than anyone else...
Also, I think at this stage they already have lots of information about my background.
Hope it doesn't make it slower...

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
I remember when I applied for my first study permit, I had sent so many documents to CIC. And I got my study permit way faster than anyone else...
Also, I think at this stage they already have lots of information about my background.
To be honest dige az Sare maaa gozasht... I lost my hope of becoming PR soon and I am just waiting for the BOWP to get approved as I am on implied status AND START LIVING LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING AGAIN. I don't care how long it will take for the PR...

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
You sure about this?

I agree with you he didn't need to submit all these documents excluding the military card. But I don't think they will spend much time to check every single document if doesn't help. They may ignore unrelevant ones.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I know and I did that too. But tbh these were the nonsense stuff that people cooked up on applyabroad. I mean birth certificate and national ID don't give extra information to the officer than your passport. You might have gotten your study permit the same time, had you not included any of those docs.
Don't worry, it doesn't slow. You already passed everything. It is just security, and the officer probably ignore the extra docs.
To be honest dige az Sare maaa gozasht... I lost my hope of becoming PR soon and I am just waiting for the BOWP to get approved as I am on implied status AND START LIVING LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING AGAIN. I don't care how long it will take for the PR...
That is a good attitude in a sense that you are not worried anymore. There is literally nothing you can do. So, you might as well enjoy the ride!
You sure about this?

I agree with you he didn't need to submit all these documents excluding the military card. But I don't think they will spend much time to check every single document if doesn't help. They may ignore unrelevant ones.
Not at this stage as he already passed the eligibility, but excessive docs such as the education form Iran might make them confused why you did that. Especially, if it is not with ECA, the person might RR for no reason even though ignoring that doc does not reduce the points.

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
I know and I did that too. But tbh these were the nonsense stuff that people cooked up on applyabroad. I mean birth certificate and national ID don't give extra information to the officer than your passport. You might have gotten your study permit the same time, had you not included any of those docs.
Don't worry, it doesn't slow. You already passed everything. It is just security, and the officer probably ignore the extra docs.

That is a good attitude in a sense that you are not worried anymore. There is literally nothing you can do. So, you might as well enjoy the ride!

Not at this stage as he already passed the eligibility, but excessive docs such as the education form Iran might make them confused why you did that. Especially, if it is not with ECA, the person might RR for no reason even though ignoring that doc does not reduce the points.
Thanks for the replies...
FYI I was review required for my work experience in Canada as I had attached the worst Letter of Employment ever at the beginning! It contained a wrong letterhead, no description of my duties... But I got it resolved pretty quickly by sending them as many documents as possible as soon as I realized I am RR for that.
Therefore, I came to this conclusion the more valid documents you provide them the easier it becomes for them to process your application.
Now, I am stuck in the SS, raised a CSE and they replied me "additional verifications are required"! So I thought sending extra documents to ease the verification for them could speed up the process!
Hope this strategy works positively...

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
I think the updates are about the final steps of the process, I am sure it will be done soon with PPR.
My guess is that the first update was for medicals extension request and the second update was for extension of medicals being granted because I didn't receive any letter to redo the medicals. I don't think the security is finished. The chances of two agents lying to me or Montreal visa office not updating the profile are very slim. I hope I'm wrong though.

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
My guess is that the first update was for medicals extension request and the second update was for extension of medicals being granted because I didn't receive any letter to redo the medicals. I don't think the security is finished. The chances of two agents lying to me or Montreal visa office not updating the profile are very slim. I hope I'm wrong though.
You may check this by calling them next week or so, and ask what is the expiration date of your medical.