+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
You may check this by calling them next week or so, and ask what is the expiration date of your medical.
Yeah I'll call them. This link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2012/423-expired-may-24-2012.html says the process of medical extension applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate. Assuming this is still the case I take back my last explanation. It says this Operational Bulletin has expired though.

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Yeah I'll call them. This link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2012/423-expired-may-24-2012.html says the process of medical extension applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate. Assuming this is still the case I take back my last explanation. It says this Operational Bulletin has expired though.
one more idea, I recall reading here that a fax request can be sent to some organization in Canada that does SS asking about the status and they reply by mail if they send the result to CIC or not. @Mr_nobody may know more details about it.

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Hello everyone,
Anyone know how to call Paris VO? I sent them emails but no response after 1 month!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you very much for the link. From my personal experience, this is still what they follow. Usually those who get remed request receive ppr within a couple of weeks of passing remed. So, technically remed is a sign that everything is finished.
If the above link is still completely followed, I don't think they reassessed your medicals unless they were sure that you have passed everything.
Montreal is a little slow, but hope you receive the golden email soon

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
one more idea, I recall reading here that a fax request can be sent to some organization in Canada that does SS asking about the status and they reply by mail if they send the result to CIC or not. @Mr_nobody may know more details about it.
Hi, I have never heard of the fax request, at least on this thread.
AS far as I know, you have three ways of inquiring about your security status:
1) call them and hope the agent tells you correctly.
2) (for inlands only) Ask your MP to contact CIC.
3) Order notes.
Do you mean ordering notes? If not, I don't have any idea. Please let me also know if you find other methods.

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Hi, I have never heard of the fax request, at least on this thread.
AS far as I know, you have three ways of inquiring about your security status:
1) call them and hope the agent tells you correctly.
2) (for inlands only) Ask your MP to contact CIC.
3) Order notes.
Do you mean ordering notes? If not, I don't have any idea. Please let me also know if you find other methods.
Hi, Thanks @Mr_nobody, I was referring to post #2204 in url= https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized.317706/page-147#post-5484010 .

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
I called them today and the agent said your medical is expiring in 3 weeks. So it has not been extended. Those two updates might have been a glitch in the system or maybe they actually update the application once some steps of security screening are finished.
Did any of you guys receive an email after the ghost update? Because I received an email on Saturday (the day after the second ghost update) which said your application has been updated. My understanding was that you don't get an email for a ghost update. Right?

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
I called them today and the agent said your medical is expiring in 3 weeks. So it has not been extended. Those two updates might have been a glitch in the system or maybe they actually update the application once some steps of security screening are finished.
Did any of you guys receive an email after the ghost update? Because I received an email on Saturday (the day after the second ghost update) which said your application has been updated. My understanding was that you don't get an email for a ghost update. Right?
Hi Ken, have you asked if your VO is still Montreal? it could be they transferred the file to other VO that caused the ghost updates. I had only one ghost update so far, which was sole status change and an email on the next day.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for sharing this. I never knew this exist, but I think the processing is something similar to the one for ordering notes.
You can also order notes. In response, the just send a one page letter stating if they are working on it or not. I have never ordered myself either, so I don't have that much info about.

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hi Ken, have you asked if your VO is still Montreal? it could be they transferred the file to other VO that caused the ghost updates. I had only one ghost update so far, which was sole status change and an email on the next day.
It was still in Montreal until last week after the first update. I didn't ask about the visa office today. Maybe the second update has something to do with that.

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Thanks for sharing this. I never knew this exist, but I think the processing is something similar to the one for ordering notes.
You can also order notes. In response, the just send a one page letter stating if they are working on it or not. I have never ordered myself either, so I don't have that much info about.
I am not there yet, :rolleyes: so it is early for me to think about these things. It looks like this method was more common in the past.

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
It was still in Montreal until last week after the first update. I didn't ask about the visa office today. Maybe the second update has something to do with that.
They were a couple of cases with Nov AORs in Montreal that got transferred to other VOs and then got PPR. IMHO these consecutive ghost updates are more attributed to imminent PPR than to other things.

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
No way to call Paris VO? They are making me crazy!