+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Salaam guys, I got a ghost update this morning (second one). I got the first one on Dec 7. See my signature.

Did you guys get ghost update a few days after you submitted your additional docs?

Last edited:

Farfass

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
ADR in November
AOR Received.
17 July 2018
Med's Done....
4 August 2018
Salaam guys, I got a ghost update this morning (second one). I got the first one on Dec 7. See my signature.

Did you guys get ghost update a few days after you submitted your additional docs?
What's a ghost update?

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
What's a ghost update?
An implicit update: When you log in your account, you see that your account is "profile updated", but nothing has really changed.
It is not an email, btw. It just shows that something has happened in the background.

Reactions: Farfass

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
What's a ghost update?
That happens when you log in to your account and you see "application updated" or something like that, but when you click on your application you see the same status as before. It means that they are working on your file and some steps are taken. For example, I got one which was showing that my criminality was passed and the second one was the time that I submitted my ADR.

Reactions: Farfass

Farfass

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
ADR in November
AOR Received.
17 July 2018
Med's Done....
4 August 2018
An implicit update: When you log in your account, you see that your account is "profile updated", but nothing has really changed.
It is not an email, btw. It just shows that something has happened in the background.
Hmm... Didn't have such a thing.

Farfass

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
ADR in November
AOR Received.
17 July 2018
Med's Done....
4 August 2018
That happens when you log in to your account and you see "application updated" or something like that, but when you click on your application you see the same status as before. It means that they are working on your file and some steps are taken. For example, I got one which was showing that my criminality was passed and the second one was the time that I submitted my ADR.
Guess my case is not moving forward then.
Maybe you had, you just didn't pay attention, cause usually after you open your application the word "update" disappears and it goes back to "submitted"
Yeah maybe. My six months will be up in 2 days. Fingers crossed for ppr.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
@Mr_nobody

I think my file follows the same pattern as yours does :D

how many gcms notes have you ever requested? I've requested 3 times; however, I just got 2 of them. (of course, if I knew that it could delay the procedure, I wouldn't do so...)

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Mr_nobody

I think my file follows the same pattern as yours does :D

how many gcms notes have you ever requested? I've requested 3 times; however, I just got 2 of them. (of course, if I knew that it could delay the procedure, I wouldn't do so...)
To be frank, I think all of us are in the same boat sailing endless oceans of SS. From immitracker, more than 80-90% of Persian were asked to provide some funky ADR's such as CV, details of military, etc.

I am on 3 as well :D :D :D We don't know what is happening with GCMS. In my case, my second notes were completely identical for the first one. My file was left untouched for a long time, so I don't think it had that much effect in my case. This time I ordered because of peace of mind and I want to make sure if I have been sent for SS.

If we are under SS, One or two notes does not change anything, ab az sar ke begzare ... :D

Reactions: aasaf

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hello everyone,
I submitted the CSE on Jan 12 and surprisingly just received a response from them only 4 days after submission. But it was a generic response as below. What do guys think about the part about CIO Sydney? As per my GCMS notes back in October my primary visa office was Ottawa. Does this mean it is back to CIO again or what?

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.
All the required documents and information have been received by the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, for the moment.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello everyone,
I submitted the CSE on Jan 12 and surprisingly just received a response from them only 4 days after submission. But it was a generic response as below. What do guys think about the part about CIO Sydney? As per my GCMS notes back in October my primary visa office was Ottawa. Does this mean it is back to CIO again or what?

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.
All the required documents and information have been received by the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, for the moment.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."
Yeah, mostly a generic response, except the part about the CIO. Mine also was forwarded to CIO and is in there even though it was in Ottawa initially. I think this is the case for all of us. They sent our files to CIO for security.

Reactions: INTamir