+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
First note is correspondence regarding pcc update request

I think its not under SS

Everything is passed. The latest one was criminality ( last week after ghost update )

Security is blank with s15(1). Our application is federal entrepreneur, so basically a little bit different with FSW or pnp.

current wait time is 13 month and I’ve just passed 1 year since submitted .
Soheil, could you make a "signature" with your timeline? This would make life easier.

Click on your profile name (top left of the page) --> Signature

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
That somewhere that you mentioned talks BS, I have seen it before. You are under SS and GCMS notes does not show if it is finished or not. S.15 is related to the section of the law that the ATI officer used to redact your GCMS.

For more info, check
1- your assessment section
2- activity 1-5
3- Note 1 (maybe first couple of notes)

Do they all have s.15 and redacted?
activity 1-3 are redacted along with s.15 on the right corner.
activity 4 is medical passed.
activity 5 is redacted along with s.15

also there is an e-docs association which is one section before notes. one of those also redacted along with s.15 .the date is same as the day ip2 started.

although in activity we had some items have been redacted, in the note section, every single note are visible. no sign of s.15

Reactions: Mr_nobody

amin.gh

Jan 23, 2019
Hi Guys,
I will pass the 6 moth waiting game by tmw (CEC-in land) and I didn't get any request for ADR yet. Do you guys think all Iranian will go under SS? And do you know anyone under SS who got PPR? After how long?
One more question, I have also applied for US visa and my application is under admin processing (2 years), does it effect the processing time to get my pr too? As I heard from someone US and Canada share the information about the applicants. Thanks in advance for the respond/s.

Reactions: Mr_nobody and aasaf

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Hi Amin,

Do you guys think all Iranian will go under SS?
It's hard to say, as it is about the future! If you looked at myimmitracker.com, you could find some ones who got their PPR in 6 months, which means (most probably) they didn't go to enhanced SS (though vast majority of Iranians go!)

And do you know anyone under SS who got PPR? After how long?
My impression is that eSS takes at least 5, 6 months!
Again, you could take a look at https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/iranian-e-apr-tracker

One more question, I have also applied for US visa and my application is under admin processing (2 years), does it effect the processing time to get my pr too? As I heard from someone US and Canada share the information about the applicants.
Sorry, I have no idea!

@Mr_nobody and some other friends might want to correct me or add somethings!

BTW, would be nice if you could add a signature including your timeline and some details of your application.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
First note is correspondence regarding pcc update request

I think its not under SS

Everything is passed. The latest one was criminality ( last week after ghost update )

Security is blank with s15(1). Our application is federal entrepreneur, so basically a little bit different with FSW or pnp.

current wait time is 13 month and I’ve just passed 1 year since submitted .
All applicants (no matter which category) should go under some levels of security (https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/screen-verific-eng.html) However, it is at the discretion of the officer to decide which level of security they want to send you to. CIC is very serious when it comes to security and it does not matter which category the person is, the officer can literally send them to enhanced SS.

Also, I have seen cases where some part of criminality also get redacted, especially for those with visa refusals and stat questions.

Anyways, hope everything is alright and you get ppr soon.

Reactions: soheilhs

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
activity 1-3 are redacted along with s.15 on the right corner.
activity 4 is medical passed.
activity 5 is redacted along with s.15

also there is an e-docs association which is one section before notes. one of those also redacted along with s.15 .the date is same as the day ip2 started.

although in activity we had some items have been redacted, in the note section, every single note are visible. no sign of s.15
Maybe the edoc is related to your PCC. How about info sharing? Do you see anything special there? Because sometimes, they share the info with other countries. These also get redacted.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi Amin,

It's hard to say, as it is about the future! If you looked at myimmitracker.com, you could find some ones who got their PPR in 6 months, which means (most probably) they didn't go to enhanced SS (though vast majority of Iranians go!)

My impression is that eSS takes at least 5, 6 months!
Again, you could take a look at https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/iranian-e-apr-tracker

Sorry, I have no idea!

@Mr_nobody and some other friends might want to correct me or add somethings!

BTW, would be nice if you could add a signature including your timeline and some details of your application.
@amin.gh
Everyone has to pass some sort of security ( https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/screen-verific-eng.html ), but it is at the discretion of the officer to which level of security they want to send you to. Specially, if there is any red flag with the application (military service, visa refusal, studying in STEM, travel history to some countries, been from some countries, the name matches the name of a criminal, etc.), then there is higher chance the officer sends the applicant to a more enhances security.The basic security takes no longer than a cpl of days, but the more in depth one usually takes 6-12 months. However, there are cases who wait far more longer than that (see the #Delayed Iranian Applicants)

Canada and US always share info. Having said that it depends on your application with US and if they've done anything regarding your security. Definitely it is a plus sign and if you look at immitracker the applicants who reside in States sometimes get PR in only 50-60 days. However, again it depends on the case and I have seen people with Green card who were sent to SS.

Have you ordered notes? Do you know if you passed your eligibility or criminality? Have you had any ghost update?

Reactions: amin.gh

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the reply, Not yet, I will order it tmw when the 6 month time is over. No update after IP2.
Your welcome. Because, you are CEC, I don't think there is anything hard for them to verify and there shouldn't be any problem regarding your eligibility. I assume your eligibility passed long ago. most probably you are waiting for criminality or security to be done and ppr afterwards.
Hope you are among the few lucky one who get ppr soon :)

amin.gh

Jan 23, 2019
Your welcome. Because, you are CEC, I don't think there is anything hard for them to verify and there shouldn't be any problem regarding your eligibility. I assume your eligibility passed long ago. most probably you are waiting for criminality or security to be done and ppr afterwards.
Hope you are among the few lucky one who get ppr soon :)
Thanks man, wish you the same. Hope one day all Iranian people be treated similar to other people in the above mentioned issues.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Maybe the edoc is related to your PCC. How about info sharing? Do you see anything special there? Because sometimes, they share the info with other countries. These also get redacted.
info sharing volume is 0 .
the funny is i called and talked to an agent yesterday. I was told you are still within normal processing and I see the officer did not asked for anything and so nothing to be worried. I asked , if I am under ESS or regular security check and she said I don't know!

I am wondering how some people said we have been told we are under ESS but in my case the agent says I don't know!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
info sharing volume is 0 .
the funny is i called and talked to an agent yesterday. I was told you are still within normal processing and I see the officer did not asked for anything and so nothing to be worried. I asked , if I am under ESS or regular security check and she said I don't know!

I am wondering how some people said we have been told we are under ESS but in my case the agent says I don't know!
The call agents won't see anything other than your GCMS (Global Case Management System). And you saw yourself how much info is in this GCMS. The agent takes a quick look and gives you the general picture! Sometimes they are nice and dig more into details of the notes.

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Salaam guys,

I came across an interesting post in Jul's thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2018-aor-join-here.569196/page-471

[
"I just wanna share what my MP told me by email this morning:

"... don’t request for another ATIP as it will definitely put the case on hold for at least 30 days when you request for that while your application(s) are still in progress. "
"
]

This literally supports the @Mr_nobody's "theory" about requesting notes! Probably, it is not a theory anymore... :)

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Salaam guys,

I came across an interesting post in Jul's thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2018-aor-join-here.569196/page-471

[
"I just wanna share what my MP told me by email this morning:

"... don’t request for another ATIP as it will definitely put the case on hold for at least 30 days when you request for that while your application(s) are still in progress. "
"
]

This literally supports the @Mr_nobody's "theory" about requesting notes! Probably, it is not a theory anymore... :)
Thanks you so much @aasaf for sharing this. I always believe, ordering GCMS is not 0-1 perfect situation. However, sometimes benefit of ordering it outweighs the cons. I think everyone should order at least once after 3-4 months of aor to make sure all the docs were uploaded properly and there is no review required on the file. If there is any issue or any review required, they usually don't ask for ADR immediately, rather the file goes to another line of wait for review by multiple people and sometimes the officer or agent rejects the file mercilessly without any ADR. I have seen people who waited for more than a year on review required, yet they were scared of wasting one month on ordering notes!

After the eligibility is passed, there is no point in ordering notes other than peace of mind, as it does not help with criminality or security. For these parts, there is nothing that we can do except waiting. Specially, for SS, I don't think ordering notes has any advantage or disadvantage, as our files are already moved to CBSA, so ordering CIC notes may not have any impact on it at all!

I am sure each group and bureau in CIC and CBSA have their own rules of how to treat notes. It may make things complicated for some cases. This is what I think, not sure how precise it is.

Reactions: aasaf

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Thanks you so much @aasaf

I don't think ordering notes has any advantage or disadvantage, as our files are already moved to CBSA, so ordering CIC notes may not have any impact on it at all!

I am sure each group and bureau in CIC and CBSA have their own rules of how to treat notes. It may make things complicated for some cases. This is what I think, not sure how precise it is.
Exactly. As I am in Security and everything has been passed, I ordered CBSA notes yesterday. so not sure if that may delay my file on CBSA side or not. I even have no idea how gcms for CBSA look likes. never seen one before. if you have any example or any instruction how to interpret please share it.