Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am enrolled for Masters program with University in BC (Sept 13 intake).

Its an 18 months program, 12 months on campus studies + 6 months of internship.

The consultant has informed me that It gives me credits sufficient for a 36 months of OWP.

Q: Will I be able to apply for PR after completion of the course.

Thanks for your help.

tiger007

Champion Member
fresher_2013 said:
Hi,

I am enrolled for Masters program with University in BC (Sept 13 intake).

Its an 18 months program, 12 months on campus studies + 6 months of internship.

The consultant has informed me that It gives me credits sufficient for a 36 months of OWP.

Q: Will I be able to apply for PR after completion of the course.

Thanks for your help.
Hi,

No. Merely passing the Master's programme at a B.C based univ. and receiving 3 years PGWP, will not make you eligible for PR. To apply for PR, you MUST qualify under one of various student immigration programs(like Federal CEC or BC PNP or other PNPs) To qualify under most of the student immigration programs, you will need to get a recognized skilled full time job (some may require that this should be in your field of study) and work in that job for minimum 6-12 months, before being eligible to apply for PNP(then PR) nomination or Federal PR under CEC.
The thread regarding info various student immigration programs in Canada is right on top of the international student section of this forum. You should have checked it Anyway, to know more, you should check the JULY 2013 update (page 12) and go through he official sites:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.165.html

Hope it clears your confusion.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

fresher_2013

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Tiger,

Thanks for the quick response...It was really helpful

Warm Regards
Fresher2013