+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR timeline

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
I have an update... my return tracking number got activated last night (June 3rd), and as of this morning, the package is already in my city, so I should get the package later today if there are no other issues.

My application was finalized and approved last Friday, May 31st. Full timeline below.
Very detailed signature. This is how we all should write our signature/timeline so that we don't end up asking same questions again and again.

postdoc_fellow1008

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
It is so nice of you to still be active in this forum. Normally people vanish as soon as they land in Canada. Keep it up mate.
Glad to help! This forum was very helpful for me while I was applying. So just returning the favour really.

Plus, I'l be scouting this forum a lot again in a couple years when I apply for citizenship.

Reactions: vmcthehulk

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hey guys. Got PPR July 29, 2019. Send passports (my partner's and mine) on the same day. Passport delivered to immigration (Ottawa) on July 30, 2019. I'm from visa exempt country.

Still waiting to get my CORP... My CIC account shows "we are still processing your application" return tracker not activated yet.

mines

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Kathmandu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
07-11-2019
AOR Received.
08-31-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
09-06-2019
Med's Done....
12-06-2019
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2020
how long it took for PPR after Medicals?

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Hi all, I am looking for your guidance.

I received the PPR request on October 3rd and sent the required docs (passport copies + photos) in the same day (docs were received by Ottawa next day, October 4th at 7:30 am). Given your experience, can you please help me with the following 2 questions:

1. How long would it take to receive CoPR confirmation?

2. After CoPR I will go for my landing interview at Thousand Islands bridge. Do you know how long it will take to receive the actual PR card after flag poling?
The reason I’m asking is because on November 30th I have my flight booked (going back home for a 2 weeks’ vacation), and I just want to be sure if I will receive my PR card before ,or if not, what are my alternatives.

Thanks so much,
Mada

postdoc_fellow1008

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hi all, I am looking for your guidance.

I received the PPR request on October 3rd and sent the required docs (passport copies + photos) in the same day (docs were received by Ottawa next day, October 4th at 7:30 am). Given your experience, can you please help me with the following 2 questions:

1. How long would it take to receive CoPR confirmation?

2. After CoPR I will go for my landing interview at Thousand Islands bridge. Do you know how long it will take to receive the actual PR card after flag poling?
The reason I’m asking is because on November 30th I have my flight booked (going back home for a 2 weeks’ vacation), and I just want to be sure if I will receive my PR card before ,or if not, what are my alternatives.

Thanks so much,
Mada
Hi. In my specific case, everything was finalize by IRCC in 6 business days and my passport and documents were sent back in 2 business days (or 8 and 12 days, respectively, including weekends inbetween). Upon landing, they would tell you that you will receive your PR card in within 90 days, I believe (or is it 6 months? Can't seem to remember). I received my PR card exactly 30 days after landing.

These days are for my specific application, though, and it really varies from person to person. I say, it might be a risk landing before your trip, and you want to avoid any complications. Why don't you just land in November when you get back?

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Hi. In my specific case, everything was finalize by IRCC in 6 business days and my passport and documents were sent back in 2 business days (or 8 and 12 days, respectively, including weekends inbetween). Upon landing, they would tell you that you will receive your PR card in within 90 days, I believe (or is it 6 months? Can't seem to remember). I received my PR card exactly 30 days after landing.

These days are for my specific application, though, and it really varies from person to person. I say, it might be a risk landing before your trip, and you want to avoid any complications. Why don't you just land in November when you get back?
Thanks so much!
Yes, depending on when I will receive my CoPR, I might land when coming back, but my understanding was that CoPR is only valid for 30 days with no possibility of extension (if this is the case, it will be mandatory for me to land prior to my departure). Do you know if the above is accurate?

Thanks again,
Mada

postdoc_fellow1008

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Thanks so much!
Yes, depending on when I will receive my CoPR, I might land when coming back, but my understanding was that CoPR is only valid for 30 days with no possibility of extension (if this is the case, it will be mandatory for me to land prior to my departure). Do you know if the above is accurate?

Thanks again,
Mada
No, it'll be valid for a while. The expiry date will be indicated on your CoPR. Mine was valid for 8 months.